UDPride Discussion Forums    

Go Back   UDPride Discussion Forums

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
UDPride Discussion Forums

UDPride Discussion Forums (http://www.udpride.com/forums/index.php)
-   Womens Basketball (http://www.udpride.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   NCAA vs WNIT (http://www.udpride.com/forums/showthread.php?t=32860)

Barney Sentner 02-12-2019 08:17 AM

NCAA vs WNIT

What would you rather have, A-10 title go to the NCAA Tourney as the current projection is representing the league as the #15 seed and play Notre Dame OR go to the WNIT play regional teams with the potential to win some games? You tell me. I think the choice is obvious and if you say UD is used to playing in the NCAA Tournament, is that what you REALLY want this year?

Lifelong Flyer Fan 02-12-2019 09:02 AM

I would probably rather see them in the WNIT. However it looks better for the program to add to that total of NCAA apppearances and say "Dayton was in 8 of the last 9" NCAA tournaments.

Barney Sentner 02-12-2019 09:27 AM

With the score I'd dread added in? I think not.

Lifelong Flyer Fan 02-12-2019 09:34 AM

You asked for opinions and I gave mine. After a short period of time, people don't remember the scores, but will remember 8 of 9 appearances. Just my opinion.

UACFlyer 02-12-2019 09:51 AM

Top tier BB

What Coach Green should have done,...may have done,..is have her coaches and team watch last night's South Carolina - UConn game.

jack72 02-12-2019 10:02 AM

Easy choice, the NCAA. The NIT is nice but is the runner-up tourney. NCAA appearances help recruiting, and we need all the help we can get.

Barney Sentner 02-12-2019 11:50 AM

I do wonder how much playing let's say a Notre Dame in the first round of an NCAA game and knowing the final result by quite a margin how that helps recruiting. I guess a potential recruit could be watching and say boy that team sure needs help maybe I'll consider that university. I'd hope the academics UD offers would weigh heavier.

UD62 02-12-2019 06:44 PM

All things being equal, the Flyers will have to work to get an WNIT bid this year. Win the tourney and they Dance, but that is a long shot at best. 12-9 right now, six to go. At VCU will be tough, as will at Fordham.

Barney Sentner 02-12-2019 07:50 PM

As long as they end .500 or better they would get a WNIT thanks to reputation and potential for attendance for home games. If Wright St doesn’t win their tourney have the teams play.
Posted via Mobile Device

ud69 02-13-2019 12:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barney Sentner (Post 574564)
As long as they end .500 or better they would get a WNIT thanks to reputation and potential for attendance for home games. If Wright St doesn’t win their tourney have the teams play.
Posted via Mobile Device

Sorry Barney, the criteria you list is specifically excluded as a basis for WNIT selection.

Factors that are not taken into consideration at any time during team selection are host bids, location of school, attendance history, WNIT history, ability to host, etc.

https://www.womensnit.com/event-info1.html

Barney Sentner 02-13-2019 07:39 AM

It can say that but I don't believe it, anyway consider the NCAA takes 64 and the WNIT also takes 64 so UD would go unless they turned it down and why would they?

jack72 02-13-2019 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ud69 (Post 574593)
Sorry Barney, the criteria you list is specifically excluded as a basis for WNIT selection.

Factors that are not taken into consideration at any time during team selection are host bids, location of school, attendance history, WNIT history, ability to host, etc.

https://www.womensnit.com/event-info1.html

Thanks for the facts. I never knew this stuff.
Posted via Mobile Device

longtimefan 02-15-2019 01:18 PM

NCAA Tourney all day every day. Not even close. That also gives us an A-10 Championship.

UD62 02-15-2019 01:58 PM

Given our performance to date, winning the A-10 conference championship seem to be long odds at best. Not saying impossible , but staying above .500 and getting an WNIT bid seems the most likely.

Brad S. 02-15-2019 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UD62 (Post 574902)
Given our performance to date, winning the A-10 conference championship seem to be long odds at best. Not saying impossible , but staying above .500 and getting an WNIT bid seems the most likely.

This team is capable of winning the whole A-10 enchilada, but they could also crash & burn spectacularly in the first round. That's what's been maddening about this whole season. :confused: