Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
View Single Post
Old 05-01-2012, 01:56 PM
Colonel

Thanked 1,409 Times in 577 Posts
anthonycharles has a reputation beyond reputeanthonycharles has a reputation beyond reputeanthonycharles has a reputation beyond reputeanthonycharles has a reputation beyond reputeanthonycharles has a reputation beyond reputeanthonycharles has a reputation beyond reputeanthonycharles has a reputation beyond reputeanthonycharles has a reputation beyond reputeanthonycharles has a reputation beyond reputeanthonycharles has a reputation beyond reputeanthonycharles has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by UD Sam View Post
If Archie told Ralph that he would get few minutes of paying time this year, and Ralph thought about it and decided he wanted to transfer so he could continue playing basketball, he had to be grateful for Archie's honesty (as he said in his tweet). The most cruel thing Archie could have done was to not tell him.
You are 100% correct. This is how I really hope it went down. I'll have no problem at all with Archie if this is how it went down. The more I think about it, the more I'm uneasy with the scenario that Archie told Ralph there is no place on the team for him but he can still get an education on an academic scholly. I was okay with that at first, but the more I think about it the more I'm not okay with this scenario.

For those arguing that Ralph was a BG player and not an Archie player, all we heard from Archie was how grateful he was that these guys bought into what he was teaching, especially the seniors. So if that's the case, this is how you return the favor? (again, only speculating on what happened, don't know for sure).

IF, and the key word is IF this played out like some on here are speculating, like I am, that Ralph's hand was forced and he wasn't given a decision whether to stay and ride the pine for 2 years or look to play elsewhere, than I will not have much patience if Archie doesn't start getting to the Sweet 16 on a consistant basis. IF this played out like I'm pointing out, Archie has really raised the stakes and he will need to succeed at a higher level than we've seen at UD and he'll need to do it fast.

With all that said, I'm really hoping Archie was just honest with Ralph and didn't dictate to him on what had to be done, but gave him a choice to sit on the bench for 2 yrs or look elsewhere to play or even just quit basketball all together and focus on his engineering degree, but it was ultimately Ralph's choice. If that is the case, then I will owe Archie a message board apology for even doubting him. But what I'm afraid of is that Ralph was a numbers casualty so we can get a recruit in here that Archie wants, and if that's the case, I don't think it's right.
3 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to anthonycharles For This Totally Excellent Post:
Lifelong Flyer Fan (05-01-2012), longtimefan (05-01-2012), NCkevi (05-01-2012)