Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
Thread: Crean vs Archie
View Single Post
Old 03-27-2017, 06:10 PM
1st Lieutenant

UD_Earl has much to be proud ofUD_Earl has much to be proud ofUD_Earl has much to be proud ofUD_Earl has much to be proud ofUD_Earl has much to be proud ofUD_Earl has much to be proud ofUD_Earl has much to be proud ofUD_Earl has much to be proud ofUD_Earl has much to be proud of
Flyer Fans! Tell me if I'm wrong about this: if we go young (never been a head coach or little HCing experience), like we did with Archie, Gregory, and Jim O'Brien - I think they represent each of three possible outcomes.

O'Brien: it turns out really bad.

Gregory: it turns out all right, not great, not bad, A little hot, a little cold, mostly lukewarm.

Miller: really good, bordering on great.

At this point are you willing to take your chances on which result we get?

This is why I prefer Tom Crean. He would definitely cost a lot more than any of these current young assistant coaches that are available. But who would you rather have to talk to the existing recruits and future recruits? I would prefer a household name. Someone who's been to the final four. I think we've earned the right to hire a seasoned, but expensive coach. And don't you believe that he would have a chip on his shoulder every single day, wanting to prove Indiana wrong?

Last edited by UD_Earl; 03-27-2017 at 06:47 PM..
5 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to UD_Earl For This Totally Excellent Post:
BeckysTXA (03-27-2017), DallasFlyer (03-27-2017), DaytonDecibelDungeon (03-27-2017), FlyerGuyer (03-27-2017), rollo (03-27-2017)