Go Back   UDPride Discussion Forums

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
View Single Post
Old 04-30-2012, 09:37 PM
Committed to this Web Site and Your Enjoyment!

Thanked 9,809 Times in 4,072 Posts
shocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by NCkevi View Post
It appears AM will play a much shorter bench than BG, so every year we'll have 2-3 guys who will be underperforming based on expectations (I think we expect every recruit to be a contributor not just during garbage time)
Originally Posted by anthonycharles View Post
Exactly. Archie isn't going to be playing 12 deep, so Ralph sits the bench for 2 yrs. I'll repeat, if UD can't get a NCAA bid because Ralph Hill only plays in mop up time with the walkons, then this program is in trouble.

We cut Ralph and make room for another bench warmer.
Missing the boat here....

If RH is gone to put a better bench warmer on the bench, then I am for it. The better your practice players and scout team are, the better your top 8 are.

The old statement, "Practice against ****, play like ****"...You go against soft, uncompetitive players in practice day in and day out, beating up on the sisters of the poor, you aren't going to prepared for foreign competition and you sure as hell aren't going to get better as a team. Anyone think North Carolina slacks off for their 9-13 guys? Or do you think they go after the best to make the top dogs better?