Go Back   UDPride Discussion Forums

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
View Single Post
Old 05-20-2020, 01:54 AM
Committed to this Web Site and Your Enjoyment!

Thanked 17,094 Times in 5,099 Posts
Chris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond repute
If A10 schedules are regionally focused, they may be even more lopsided in terms of which
"pod" you get into. That alone may essentially determine if you have a realistic chance of making the shortened 4-team A10 tourney. You might end up playing twice as many A10 tourney contending teams as someone else with a soft bottomfeeder pod that back-doors in to the A10 tourney.

Lastly, how much are they really saving by cutting the tourneys from 8 to 4 teams? I guess the conventional answer is "Well Chris, 50%." But 50% of what? Is that 50% of $100,000, or 50% of $10,000? I wonder if we're picking pennies off the floor in the name of savings but penalizing the student-athletes more than what the savings (and theoretical safety) is.

At this point, I can see the A10 limiting attendance to just admins and media for things like soccer and volleyball. I would really feel for the fans but even more so the players because part of what makes UD athletics special is the relationship b/t the students/fans and the teams/players.

Hot shooting hides a multitude of sins.
Make everyone else's "one day" your "day one".
Mad Props to Chris R For This Totally Excellent Post:
soccerflyer (05-21-2020)