User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
View Single Post
Old 04-29-2012, 09:01 PM
Lieutenant Colonel

oldfan has a reputation beyond reputeoldfan has a reputation beyond reputeoldfan has a reputation beyond reputeoldfan has a reputation beyond reputeoldfan has a reputation beyond reputeoldfan has a reputation beyond reputeoldfan has a reputation beyond reputeoldfan has a reputation beyond reputeoldfan has a reputation beyond reputeoldfan has a reputation beyond reputeoldfan has a reputation beyond repute
I can understand RH's desire to play and if he had a different major perhaps transferring would make sense. But there are few schools to which RH could transfer that play basketball competitively and also provide a quality degree in engineering. It is not like he can transfer to a big ten school and expect playing time or Virginia Tech or one of the other Techs and expect playing time. Perhaps Drexel or CMU, Caltech etc. I suspect that even these schools would be even harder to transfer into as an engineering major than being accepted coming out of High School and being a basketball player would be of only minor value in his being accepted as a transfer.

It is a hard decision. He has to realize he will never play ball professionally and he might very will be giving up his post graduate dreams to pursue two more years of collegiate basketball.

I hope he takes all the time possible to make the best decision.