Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
Thread: Calanda Broncos
View Single Post
Old 12-19-2011, 04:31 PM
Lieutenant General

Thanked 1,452 Times in 781 Posts
DetroitFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDetroitFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDetroitFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDetroitFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDetroitFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDetroitFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDetroitFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDetroitFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDetroitFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDetroitFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDetroitFlyer has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Calanda Broncos

Ok, so you must be wondering the relevance of the Calanda Broncos to Flyer football.... Well, it seems as though one Mr. Steve Valentino, MBA is going to play professional football for the Broncos! Word is that Steve will be a WR and even play some QB! The team is based in Switzerland. I do not think we have had a professional player since Jesse Obert kicked in the Arena leagues a few years back. Tino almost certainly will be our first former player to play professional football in Europe. What a cool thing to do for a talented young player like Steve.

Here is link to the team's site:

http://translate.google.com/translat...section%3Dhome

It does not sound like US players get rich playing there, but I understand that the teams make it worthwhile for US players to play in Europe. I know of at least one other PFL player who played in Europe, (Scotty Phadavong, RB from Drake). All reports from Scotty P indicated that is was a great experience.

It will be fun to follow Steve's professional career in Europe this Spring while we wait for the return of Flyer football in the fall.
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to DetroitFlyer For This Totally Excellent Post:
Charlie B (12-20-2011), UDBrian (12-20-2011)
Advertisement