Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
View Single Post
Old 05-03-2012, 05:05 PM
General

Thanked 4,320 Times in 2,124 Posts
Medford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond repute
Good article, but not sure I'm buying what your selling, that the A-10 would be a better spot than joining up with the Villinova, G'Town, Providence, Seton Hall, Saint John's DePaul & marquette (I'll leave ND out of it as I doubt they'd stay in this configuration, 'Nova may finally push their pigskin chasing dreams as well, but we'll leave them in for now)

Villanova > Saint Joes & LaSalle (combined)
G'town > G'Washington
Providence > Rhody (though Rhody has a ton of recently untapped potential IMHO)
Saint Johns > Fordham

That covers Philly, DC & NYC on the East coast, plus Rhode Island and NJ, a group that is more high profile than its counterparts in the A-10.

throw in Marquette & DePaul and I think its more attractive to a Western Group including X, UD, SLU & Butler. All 4 of those schools recruit students for their general population from those east coast cities, all 4 would get a boost in profile playing Nova, G'Town & SJU over Fordham, St Joes & GW

If/when that group ever breaks off, I think they'll land on solid footing as a 12 team conference with the best of the West from the A-10 plus 1 more team from the East (unless ND decides to stay and remain indy in football) The TV money would be greater.

Couple things could change that, Nova making the jump in football. I think a Nova upgrade could greatly hinder schools like Providence & seton Hall's future hopes should the Big East fall apart. The A-10 going on a mid 90s revival and see a handful of teams ranked at or near the top of the polls, marching deep in march madness, etc...

At any rate, no matter what happens with the likes of UD, X, SLU and/or Butler, the A-10 should remain a strong BBall only conference going forward. The CAA appears to be deadman waiting, and the MWC could be close behind should Creighton find itself in the A10
Advertisement