Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
Thread: Tracking RPIs
View Single Post
Old 08-14-2018, 11:46 AM
Colonel

udisit19 is a splendid one to beholdudisit19 is a splendid one to beholdudisit19 is a splendid one to beholdudisit19 is a splendid one to beholdudisit19 is a splendid one to beholdudisit19 is a splendid one to behold
Thanks Becky for putting together the 2017 RPIs. Dayton has created a great schedule that should challenge this team against some of the best, but still give the team chances to pick up victories against respected teams. Can't believe Dayton gets to play teams like Kansas and Washington on a neutral court. And the weekend with Ohio State and Tennessee coming to Frericks provides really great opportunities for quality wins. That should help to convince more recruits to continue selecting UD.

I think Dayton and VCU will have great years and I think 2 A-10 teams can make the NCAA tournament. VCU has teams like Wichita State, South Carolina, Virginia, and Georgetown visiting Richmond, so they have chances for resume wins too. VCU returns so many quality players they may even surprise N.C. State or Washington State in the first weekend. VCU can pick up where they left off while other teams might need to replace a starter or two.

I'm not sure the A-10 will get that obvious 3rd team yet. SLU has a big hole to fill after the graduation of Lauren Leverenz (MB), one of only two players to play every set for SLU. The Bilikens were a bad blocking team last year and unless they get some Sophomores or Freshman to step up they won't make any gains. Maya Taylor (OH) made a impact as a Freshman outside hitter and Sien Gallop has a great serve, but other than that, SLU has a lot of questions. Juliana Phillip's height alone is promising at 6'4", but she still lags far behind Leverenz's numbers. Julianna Phillips only hit 0.222 while Leverenz hit 0.342 and Phillips had only 0.38 blk/s while Leverenz had 0.75 blk/s. SLU has one freshman middle, Sara Daniels, and two freshman outside hitters, Giovanna Charles and Isabella Walsh. Its very possible they have an impact in their first year, because Maya Taylor did last year when she hit 0.245, but I think SLU's blocking trouble will continue and I expect a fairly predictable attack early on while the young players establish themselves.