User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
View Single Post
Old 05-31-2017, 01:45 PM
Colonel

udisit19 is a splendid one to beholdudisit19 is a splendid one to beholdudisit19 is a splendid one to beholdudisit19 is a splendid one to beholdudisit19 is a splendid one to beholdudisit19 is a splendid one to behold
BIG NEWS out of Washington DC!!!

http://www.gwsports.com/sports/w-vol...052417aaa.html

Amanda Ault resigns due to personal reasons. They need to find a new head coach right at the end of May less than 3 months from the start of next season. I was starting to think she might be on the hot seat after a monumental decline from 2015 to 2016, but I was not expecting this. I though a coaching change was probably still at least a couple years away and she had plenty of time to turn things around. Instead, it sounds like she decided to leave on her own terms and for reasons with nothing to do with volleyball. Although, the timing does make it feel like the school may have asked her to step down even if there isn't any proof that happened.

The defense was the big problem last year. Stats clearly show the defense was a problem and it has become a bigger problem as players not recruited by Ault have graduated. I'm not sure if lopsided issues like a strong offense and no defense can get solved within the organization, so it might be a blessing for GW that they get to try again. I hope GW looks for and finds a more well rounded head coach capable of teaching both sides of the game. GW has had success, so I know they can do it again. They are always an important piece of a strong A-10. The location in the nations capital and the strong academic program should always make this program attractive to local and international talent.

Last edited by udisit19; 05-31-2017 at 01:54 PM..
Mad Props to udisit19 For This Totally Excellent Post:
BeckysTXA (06-02-2017)