User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
View Single Post
Old 11-02-2017, 07:40 PM
Major

UDTradition has a brilliant futureUDTradition has a brilliant futureUDTradition has a brilliant futureUDTradition has a brilliant futureUDTradition has a brilliant futureUDTradition has a brilliant futureUDTradition has a brilliant futureUDTradition has a brilliant futureUDTradition has a brilliant futureUDTradition has a brilliant futureUDTradition has a brilliant future
Wink

Originally Posted by Buckleyma View Post
I'd like to follow-up on this University of Missouri story as I find this item very interesting. Following is the URL to the article.

The father is the assistant coach of the men's basketball team. Two son's are on the men's basketball team. An aunt is the head coach of the women's basketball team. Two sisters are on the women's basketball team.

Wow! I have never heard of such a deep family involvement in a particular sports program at any university, at any level; let alone at a division 1 level. This is a unique story. First, it is amazing that so many in the same family have the God-given physical tools to qualify for such situations. Second, it is amazing that so many in a family have the same interests (usually one will play football while the other plays basketball or some such). Third, it is amazing that so many in the same family actually pursued the same goals.

However, I believe that it is a mistake for their family. In life, business and investing; I believe that it is important to diversify. You don't put all your eggs into one basket. That's the lives of 6 individuals tied-up with one business venture. In life, you must practice risk management. If something goes wrong, even if it is outside of your own control; too many individual's within your family are affected. For instance, if a husband and wife both have the opportunity to work at the same company. It would be wise, to select different company's for your careers. The reasons would be to diversify. If the company runs into profit problems, outside of your control, then your incomes, medical insurance, pensions and lives would be too tied-up with one company. Its the same for investments, you've got to be diversified. If all your money is in real estate in a single city or all in stocks in a particular sector and the economy in that sector tanks. Its too much exposure. I'm reading a book about a lady who she and many of her friends all invested with Bernie Madoff. Many of them, investing everything but $6,000.00 in a checking account with Bernie Madoff. The author of this book made a conscious choice not to pay off your mortgage and instead put everything in the hands of Bernie Madoff. And then it was announced that his mutual fund was bankrupt (Ponzi scheme) and they lost nearly all their life savings.

http://www.ncaa.com/news/basketball-...sketball-leave
I agree with your assessment...I think you worked for the same company as I did