Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
Thread: McKinley Wright
View Single Post
Old 03-27-2017, 02:03 PM
Colonel

Thanked 1,001 Times in 493 Posts
Flyers98 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyers98 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyers98 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyers98 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyers98 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyers98 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyers98 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyers98 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyers98 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyers98 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyers98 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by steve View Post
That's not necessarily true as early as recruiting starts today. Plenty of P5 schools are recruiting kids at 16 years old and wanting their verbals immediately. Kids do get better, get bigger, and become much more attractive players later in the process. The problem is there are few spots left by the time they are seniors...

It's really no different (on a slightly smaller scale) than transfers that play for a nobody but when they're 20 years old they can play for lots of big schools.
I guess my point was that if IU doesn't have a better PG on the roster or coming in than what MW projects to be, Archie made a bad decision in taking that job because at Indiana there is no "wait til he gets his guys" forbearance. If he goes 18-12 in year one, (like he did at UD IIRC), there will be a furor down there with people saying they made a bad hire. My guess is that the cupboard is pretty stocked at IU.