Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
View Single Post
Old 04-22-2012, 11:19 PM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 4,993 Times in 2,668 Posts
T-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by UD Sam View Post
I also wouldn't be surprised if Lyons recently got in trouble and Mack had no choice but to let him go.
That could be it, Sam.

It could be that The Sundance Kid's act wouldn't go over as well next year without Butch Cassidy there to bail his @$$ out, and he and Mack both knew it.

It could be that X's latest backcourt recruits are "all that and a bag of chips" (they do seem to be highly rated), and Lyons' presence would have gotten in the way of their development.

It could also simply be that the wheelers & dealers at X took a hard look in the mirror, saw that their program's reputation had become that which they used to loathe & mock (UC, circa 1995), realized that it was time for a fresh start in that regard, and knew that the fresh start couldn't happen as long as a central "gangsta" was still in the fold.

Who knows why? Not me. But I do know that the "class" level of the A-10 as a whole (and the X program specifically) just went up about 30 points with that d-bag moving on for other pastures.

I will miss ripping his @$$ next year, though!
5 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to T-Bone 84 For This Totally Excellent Post:
1MuskieFan (04-23-2012), ClaytonFlyerFan (04-23-2012), MD Flyer Pride (04-23-2012), THirt (04-23-2012), UD Sam (04-22-2012)