User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
View Single Post
Old 10-30-2017, 01:13 PM
1st Lieutenant

Always Proud is a glorious beacon of lightAlways Proud is a glorious beacon of lightAlways Proud is a glorious beacon of lightAlways Proud is a glorious beacon of lightAlways Proud is a glorious beacon of lightAlways Proud is a glorious beacon of light
Thanks Flyer Gramps for remembering me. I haven't posted for a couple years for various reasons. Mainly my horse in this race is in a different pasture now. Although, I have made it to at least one game a year, still know players and families, and just enjoy tailgating and catching up with people.
IMO Drake and Butler were wins I had doubted. Especially Drake at their place where we usually get our rears handed to us for some reason.

I do think it may be time for a change and listening to players from 3-5 years ago, it is still same feeling. I never will call for someones job and not doing so now. I just think a different mentality and relationship is needed for today's kids. I heard a rumor a couple years ago of promoting from within current staff. The name mentioned may work. I certainly am not in favor of because you are a "Dayton man" it gives extra credence. I think this thinking has hurt us in the past and still may be doing so. Don't want to mention specifics, but I think you can see this years offensive production is less than past. I know this may include many reasons, but philosophy always impacts the bottom line.

I'm pretty certain one coach is done. He has cut back on involvement and is likely finished. It will be a big loss because he is very well liked and respected by his players.

Not sure if this is where Flyer Gramps was going, but if so great. If not, well you awoke a dormant poster.
Mad Props to Always Proud For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer Gramps (10-30-2017)