Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
Thread: Hot Seat?
View Single Post
Old 04-10-2008, 01:44 PM
Brigadier General

Thanked 1,020 Times in 479 Posts
Flyer'95 has a brilliant futureFlyer'95 has a brilliant futureFlyer'95 has a brilliant futureFlyer'95 has a brilliant futureFlyer'95 has a brilliant futureFlyer'95 has a brilliant futureFlyer'95 has a brilliant futureFlyer'95 has a brilliant futureFlyer'95 has a brilliant futureFlyer'95 has a brilliant futureFlyer'95 has a brilliant future
So far in his career, i think london warren is a 50/50 player. For every good thing he does on D, he undoes it on O. He has a lot of positives as a defensive player. But he has so far to go as an offensive player that i gotta believe there's a better fulltime option out there.

If BG really let the kids run, then maybe, maybe LW could suffice. But just barely. His decision making is a fundamental problem. And just because he's hit about 4 outside shots in two years (at least two were banked in), it doesn't mean he has a good shot. His lack of a shot ensures that his mere presence on the court will handcuff our offense and force us to shoot over teams who will likely just back off and pack it in. So far, i wouldn't put much money on us being able to shoot our way out of anything.

He's a liability at the freethrow line as well, and as a PG, that is absolutely, positively unacceptable. It will mean that every lead that we've earned will likely be taken away in the closing minutes (ala memphis).

And just because he's the best passer/minute on this team that doesn't mean he's a good passer. Yes, he has potential. But his decision making negates many of his possibilities. On top of that, we are a HORRIBLE, repeat, HORRIBLE passing team. We only had 5 kids on the team this year who had more assists than turnovers. Three of them are graduating, one was mickey perry who had a very small sample size, and the other is Charles Little who had only three more assists than TO's. And even he is being rumored to transfer. That doesn't help me sleep at night.

BG's lack of solutions at the point is a colossal failure of his tenure here. It has cost us possibly two trips to the NCAA and wasted four years of one of the best players to ever don a flyer uniform in brian roberts.

London Warren, in current form, is not the answer. And unless he makes some crazy deal with the devil, his play next year will get us to about .500. I'm not sure we can stand this much more. I agree that BG is bringing in the talent. But is there anything more frustrating than watching talent get wasted?