User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
View Single Post
Old 11-12-2017, 11:58 AM
Captain

soccerflyer has a spectacular aura aboutsoccerflyer has a spectacular aura aboutsoccerflyer has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by ud69 View Post
Why they could not adjust the match start time to not conflict with the basketball game is beyond me. Quarterfinal games are being played on both Saturday and Sunday - so there was flexibility in start times.
True, a double header situation helps both crowds and also gives the programs the ability to market around a whole day on campus. I always love double dips! Saves gas, and wear and tear on my vehicle. Unfortunately, those that do the scheduling rarely think about implications for the fans, they only think about security, clean-up, facilities concerns.

I don't appreciate lack of synergy with scheduling in athletics. BUT we're allowed to miss a preseason basketball exhibition IMO, while the idea of missing a playoff soccer match on campus, which does not necessarily happen every year, completely unfathomable. The conflict is one of priorities, IMO. Just because athletics is predestined to prioritize basketball (rightfully) doesn't mean we individually have to neglect soccer.