Go Back   UDPride Discussion Forums

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
View Single Post
Old 11-26-2017, 09:57 AM
Flyer Volleyball Superfan. Almost 8,000 Posts To Prove It.

Thanked 5,394 Times in 2,479 Posts
BeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond repute
I keep going back and forth between if UD should accept or decline an invite to this new post season tourney. Now that we know tOSU will be invited, I wonder if they will accept. I'm leaning towards they will not. And not that we would or should follow their lead, but I think the reasons for declining an invite are the same... two programs that play for the NCAAs every year and that is and will remain our program standard. Anything less isn't on our radar screen.

To be honest, the only plus I can come up with is if we used this tournament as an extra Spring season match up. I might be tempted to release the senior class from volleyball activity and line up our returning players for this tournament. In other words, close the book on this year and start preparing for the next and this tournament would offer some solid matchups in that light.

What I "fear" this tournament will become is post season play for a lot of conference 2nd and 3rd place teams from conferences that are always one-bid conferences. And granted the A10 has been a one bid conference in recent years, we have dominated as the team that is that bid.

So unless we want to get a head start on 2018, I'm not sure we accept this invitation. It will be interesting to see who does.