Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
Thread: New Uniforms
View Single Post
Old 10-27-2018, 05:27 PM
Lieutenant Colonel

Columbia Blue has a reputation beyond reputeColumbia Blue has a reputation beyond reputeColumbia Blue has a reputation beyond reputeColumbia Blue has a reputation beyond reputeColumbia Blue has a reputation beyond reputeColumbia Blue has a reputation beyond reputeColumbia Blue has a reputation beyond reputeColumbia Blue has a reputation beyond reputeColumbia Blue has a reputation beyond reputeColumbia Blue has a reputation beyond reputeColumbia Blue has a reputation beyond repute
I keep hearing my name, so here's $0.02 ... You can keep the change.

Carolina blue (Pantone 542) and Columbia blue (Pantone 292) are similar but not the same. I'd be curious what formula they used on the remodeled chapel dome - it's deeper than Columbia (and used to be white). I digress.

Columbia blue was a secondary drop shadow with our previous identity (1994-2013). Red & royal were primary. Coach Purnell had throwback alternates ready for 1999 arena 30th anniversary, but they we're never worn, as I recall due to postseason focus. They were quietly auctioned online after the season as a fundraiser. I bought Edwin Young's.

A Columbia base alternate saw limited use under Coach Gregory, along w the blacks immortalized in the 2010 NIT run.

I wish UD had more clout with Nike. Actually, I wish the NCAA never sold out at all. Did just fine with Champion for decades. Whatever talented recruits like is fine with me.

Columbia is not in the new color palette, so I don't expect to see it anytime soon. A modern reprise of Don May era duds for the new arena & 50th anniversary seems wildly apropos ... Stay tuned.
3 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to Columbia Blue For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer 86 (10-28-2018), fuz_forward (10-29-2018), Gazoo (10-29-2018)