Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
View Single Post
Old 04-30-2012, 10:29 PM
Brigadier General

Thanked 1,429 Times in 754 Posts
Hyde Park Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeHyde Park Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeHyde Park Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeHyde Park Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeHyde Park Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeHyde Park Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeHyde Park Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeHyde Park Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeHyde Park Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeHyde Park Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeHyde Park Flyer has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Marysville Flyer View Post
I'm sure that is just how his scholarship offer was presented to him when UD offered him 3 years ago. UD owes it to him to honor their commitment if he has done nothing to dishonor the school, team etc.

I'm glad so many are willing to throw ethics and commitment out the window for the hope of a few more NCAA invites. Pragmatism never wins.

I hardly think it is the RH's over the years that have kept UD out of the tourney. Those that believe that are delusional. What it has been is a failure of the coaches and the 8-10 core players to get the job done.

Funny how many of the same people dogging people who don't want to see UD go down this road are the same ones quick to criticize X, UC, Calipari etc. for their shady practices.

We all have our lines we don't want the university to cross. I happen to believe the adults in this situation should be the more responsible, ethical, honest and above reproach in all situations and should always put the student athletes best interests ahead of any personal or corporate goals.
so, please tell me how you know that am sent him packing. please indulge my naive ears with all you know about am's dark side. please share how you know that am was anything less than sincere in letting ralph know that his pt would likely stay flat.

but, if you cannot, please concede that we don't live in a monochromatic world. it's not agree with you or be a supporter of calipari. it's not as simple as good v evil. it's not luke v darth vader. i mean, look at your position on this. you can't be honest with the little we know and not recognize that there was some type of comment made to ralph about future playing time. that's honesty. am was being truthful. your moral insistence suggests that you hold honesty in high regard as it should be. in this situation, would you rather that am tell some sort of noble lie and act with disregard for what ralph might actually want? is it better to tell ralph that next year will be better so long as he puts in the time?

you can't possibly preach ethics in your post and then suggest that am should mislead ralph. to me, that's shameful and intolerable. period. ralph deserves to know where he stands...even if it hurts...a lot. if you put am in the evil group with huggins or quin snyder, so be it. actually, i'll go with him.