Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
Thread: McKinley Wright
View Single Post
Old 04-18-2017, 10:16 AM
Major General

Thanked 3,699 Times in 1,668 Posts
DallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by CoffeeCan View Post
Not saying MW will come to UD or not, but with the departure of JC, one has to think that it improves the odds of MW coming here? Don't you think?
Incrementally so in my opinion for the moment. McKinley already knew there was huge opportunity for minutes at PG at UD. But at the moment it looks there are even more minutes available. So it probably makes some impression, however slight. But I do think AG will try to bring in a grad transfer to run the point, in which case McKinley might be looking at being a 3 year starter should he recommit to Dayton, which is still a very good opportunity.

But I really think the way this ends with McKinley hinges on a few unknowns:

1) Guys around the NCAA who declared for draft - who is really leaving, who is returning and which of the grad transfer NBA draft declarees are going to transfer schools.

Question 1: Does anyone know the date these players have to withdraw from draft to retain eligibility? We'll know more at that point. For example, what does Jaaron Simmons plan to do... If he decided he wanted to play out his senior year in his hometown that would be a game changer.

Question 2: How many scholarships over is Indiana now? I know they have 4 guys going through the process but some of these guys have no shot at getting drafted. So what are the chances that enough guys leave to open a spot for McKinley at IU?

2) The relationship between UD's new (but yet-to-be-finalized) coaching staff and McKinley and how it is developing (if it is developing at all) during this re-recruitment period.

3) The big programs who have now swooped in. Do any of them offer similar opportunity for playing time, NCAA success, and any other things which are important to McKinley?

So while I agree the chances for McKinley to end up recommitting back to UD are slim, I do think there is still a chance depending on how the dominoes fall. If there were a suitor out there for McKinley that seemed like a slam dunk better situation/option for him, I'd be the first to say it's over, but until then, I'm not writing it off.
Mad Props to DallasFlyer For This Totally Excellent Post:
NovaFlyer (04-18-2017)