User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
View Single Post
Old 12-02-2012, 05:54 PM
1st Lieutenant

nwflyer has much to be proud ofnwflyer has much to be proud ofnwflyer has much to be proud ofnwflyer has much to be proud ofnwflyer has much to be proud ofnwflyer has much to be proud ofnwflyer has much to be proud ofnwflyer has much to be proud of
I am a volleyball novice, but I will still try to provide feedback on the match.

My daughter and I had great seats - First row in the reserved section across from the players benches. All the seats around us were filled with Duck fans. Other than a few people behind the bench, I did not see anyone else wearing Dayton gear.

Trees seem to grow taller in Oregon. Up close, the Oregon appeared to have a significant size advantage. Oregon's blocks were an imposing obstacle throughout the match

The first set was filled with Dayton errors. Oregon and Dayton made their fair share of errors for the remainder of the match.

Dayton's digs were far more impressive than Oregon's digs. Dayton saved numerous rockets. Oregon made some diving saves on soft shots aimed at open areas.

On this day, the ball bounced Oregon's way more often than not. Dayton seemed to struggle blocking shots and when they did block, they frequently blocked the shot out of bounds. The luckiest play of the night went Oregon's way. An Oregon player had a Dayton kill shot shot hit her in the side of the head (I was surprised ahe remained standing). The ball then bounced off her shoulder and Oregon was able to keep the play going and eventually won the point. The Dayton coach complained to the official (I am assuming headers are illegal in volleyball?) but the official did not see the play.

The Oregon crowd was incredibly nice and welcoming - more so than I have ever experienced at a Men's basketball game.
Mad Props to nwflyer For This Totally Excellent Post:
UACFlyer (12-02-2012)