Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
Thread: McKinley Wright
View Single Post
Old 03-30-2017, 07:30 AM
Major General

Thanked 1,735 Times in 1,009 Posts
steve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by FlyerGuyer View Post
It's not unreasonable at all, but it is totally contrary to everything he said over the past 6 years.

Hence, coach-speak. The Millers are experts at it.

You know you're exactly right. I think every interview he gave should have been prefaced with "Dayton is a great place...for NOW but I'm not going to stay here forever and as soon as that big P5 job comes I'm "probably" out of here..While I like our recruits and they're "nice" players I'd really like to NOT finish 2nd to Izzo for a few kids...Our conference is just okay and going to Olean is a f____en joke and going to that lousy LaSalle gym is ,well, not even HS worthy..

WTF do you want Miller to say for crying out loud? This ain't a marriage or your first born where you're looking forever at least at that moment. It's a freakin' job and Miller did not define the boundaries and it's no different other than a few zeroes than you not looking around whatever industry you're in and for better opportunities if people came busting your door down wanting you to come work for them. Looking for a place that you can better utilize your skills. Can you, your wife, your family, or your friends emphatically tell their boss right now that they will never leave, never look for better opportunities , that $$$ don't mean squat, etc?

Archie doesn't owe UD S___T anymore other than a sincere thank you and heartfelt expression which he gave...

Last edited by steve; 03-30-2017 at 07:33 AM..
6 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to steve For This Totally Excellent Post:
cralford (03-30-2017), Flyer14 (04-04-2017), hayjim (03-30-2017), m21eagle45 (03-30-2017), rollo (03-30-2017), Smitty10 (03-30-2017)