Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
Thread: McKinley Wright
View Single Post
Old 04-26-2017, 02:10 PM
Lieutenant General

Thanked 2,451 Times in 1,244 Posts
C-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Radar View Post
RE your comment about AG taking the Stansbury path and "doing whatever it takes to get them to UD"...ain't gonna happen nor should it. This isn't WKU. Different philosophy, different culture. No one really knows how the talent of a 16-17 yr old will translate to the D1 college level, let alone the NBA. We don't even know if they'll keep their britches on or their sticky fingers to themselves. Harper and Stansbury are taking the sell-out approach and that's fine...for WKU. They can make their splash and move on. I'll take sustained success any day.
Maybe I should have been more clear. Harper didn't do whatever it took to get great players. Instead he simply settled for 2 and 3 star conference USA level players.

Stansbury is the guy who is willing to go after any 4 or 5 star everywhere he has been. He had gotten Mitchell Robinson(Top 10 player/McDonalds All American) to commit to Texas A&M when he was an assistant there. Once he got the WKU job he hired Shammond Williams(Mitchell's godfather) and Mitchell decided to go to Western. It is also often joked/insinuated in basketball circles that he had to pay kids to get them to Mississippi St, but nothing has ever been proven.

I just want CAG to be willing to at least take the chance to go after those 4 and 5 star players. I'm not encouraging cheating, but the UD attitude of wanting to "do it the right way" and proclaiming UD has higher values than other schools is a joke. Just look back at the last 6 years and you can find plenty of stuff UD swept under the rug as long as they possibly could. I'm sure Rollo can give a lengthy outline of all those things if he wanted to.
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to C-time For This Totally Excellent Post:
FLYER5 (04-26-2017), rollo (04-26-2017)