Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
View Single Post
Old 04-30-2012, 11:43 PM
Colonel

Thanked 1,053 Times in 471 Posts
UD Sam has a reputation beyond reputeUD Sam has a reputation beyond reputeUD Sam has a reputation beyond reputeUD Sam has a reputation beyond reputeUD Sam has a reputation beyond reputeUD Sam has a reputation beyond reputeUD Sam has a reputation beyond reputeUD Sam has a reputation beyond reputeUD Sam has a reputation beyond reputeUD Sam has a reputation beyond reputeUD Sam has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by anthonycharles View Post
Sorry if I don't believe the hype. It seems most of these guys are all-world coming out of HS. If Archie is only going to go 8-deep, like most seem to think on this board, there will need to be some benchwarmers. No? True, nobody knows what happened, including me. I just don't like the timing of this, that's all. Why not have this frank conversation with Ralph back in March when the season ends? Why wait until the prime of the recruiting season going into May? It doesn't smell right. I guess we can choose to believe Ralph did something wrong, like not meeting his "basketball obligations". I understand how some can be so hesitant to criticize Archie, considering we're still in the honeymoon phase. But if I wanted to cheer on a program where all that matters is winning, then I'd sign on to be a Buckeye fan or UK fan. We all know that would be a lot easier.
I have a problem criticizing Archie for Ralph's situation, but it's not because he's a new coach....it's because I (we) don't know all the facts.

If Archie told Ralph that he would get few minutes of paying time this year, and Ralph thought about it and decided he wanted to transfer so he could continue playing basketball, he had to be grateful for Archie's honesty (as he said in his tweet). The most cruel thing Archie could have done was to not tell him.
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to UD Sam For This Totally Excellent Post:
rollo (05-01-2012), Tony T 71 (05-01-2012)