Go Back   UDPride Discussion Forums

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
View Single Post
Old 05-03-2012, 06:20 PM
Committed to this Web Site and Your Enjoyment!

Thanked 17,094 Times in 5,099 Posts
Chris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond repute
The 7 BE schools are not going to split from one another. They will stay together because thats the only strength they have.

If the A10 continues expansion and gets the teams that have been talked about, the BE basketball schools will have zero leverage. There are NO more teams left for them to align with that dont exist in the A10. Except perhaps the likes of Rider and Siena and Monmouth.

They will have zero negotiating power. They are a group without a league -- and a league size that may not even keep its automatic NCAA tourney bid.

I wouldnt have any interest in bailing out these teams. If we were too "beneath them" to get on their schedule the last 10-15 years, that tells me all I need to know about what they think of Dayton. They have wanted nothing to do with us. When it comes time for them to crawl to us for help, they should get the same reception they gave us which is complete indifference.

I dont need these catholic programs in a league with Dayton to be perfectly happy. They already think their poop doesnt stink. Theyve already made it clear that money trumps everything else. Id much rather surround Dayton with schools that share the same common goals and understand the struggle of a non BCS institution trying to compete in a BCS world.

All I see from the BE is arrogance and apathy toward the A10. Theyve sat on their hands for years. If they continue to, I say too bad for them if they get left out of the party.

It could very well be a case where they need SLU, UD, and Xavier far more than we need them. And thats how I like it.

Hot shooting hides a multitude of sins.
Make everyone else's "one day" your "day one".