Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
View Single Post
Old 06-15-2018, 05:51 PM
Major General

Thanked 3,699 Times in 1,668 Posts
DallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by jack72 View Post
Probably a good point on Kansas, but we want exactly the path that Nova took to the top.

What has Murray State accomplished that puts them where we want to be? The last three years they were 26-6,16-17 and 17-14 with one auto bid and first round loss from a weak league. Prior to that Prohm had one NCAA bid in four years. I, and most of us, want better for UD.
I NEVER said Murray State had accomplished anything we want to accomplish. I definitely agree with you that Murray State is not a program that Dayton is using as a benchmark program. But the best assistants don't necessarily come from the schools you want to be like.

Murray State was being used as an example only because Kane was an assistant there. If I am recalling things correctly, the opinion seemed to be that Kane was recruiting the vast majority of Murray State's top recruits - both the guys they did get and the guys they identified early but didn't land because they ultimately got out of Murray State's league. And with guys like Crutcher, his ability on the recruiting trail seemed to be translating.