Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
View Single Post
Old 01-30-2017, 09:35 PM
Brigadier General

Thanked 1,597 Times in 750 Posts
CoffeeCan has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeeCan has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeeCan has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeeCan has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeeCan has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeeCan has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeeCan has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeeCan has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeeCan has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeeCan has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeeCan has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by UD90 View Post
I am going by kenpom ratings, but I am sure the A10 is 8th. You made my point. We don't need the Big East to get a good seed. We can become the Gonzaga of the midwest easier than they did it. We are a bigger fish in a bigger conference. We just need to execute. The A10 has always been 1-2 spots above the WCC.

We likely would've knocked off St. Mary's this year had we not lost Josh. We would have a RPI of 24 and likely be looking at a 6 seed right now.
BE gives you margin for error. If Gonzaga was in any conference they would be awesome and ranked highly. But if you have injuries or early losses, the A10 does not have the strong conference games to make up ground. Couple that with the fact that AM is more likely to stay and its a no brainer.

It's like if you apply for a job at two firms and one is much more highly regarded but has more competition. But in the end, that firm didnt hire you. But if they did, you would totally go. That is not to say the other firm is bad, you are happy to have it.
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to CoffeeCan For This Totally Excellent Post:
ruechalgrin (02-01-2017), shocka43 (02-27-2023)