Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
View Single Post
Old 01-31-2017, 02:05 PM
Colonel

Thanked 1,043 Times in 451 Posts
Whacker has a reputation beyond reputeWhacker has a reputation beyond reputeWhacker has a reputation beyond reputeWhacker has a reputation beyond reputeWhacker has a reputation beyond reputeWhacker has a reputation beyond reputeWhacker has a reputation beyond reputeWhacker has a reputation beyond reputeWhacker has a reputation beyond reputeWhacker has a reputation beyond reputeWhacker has a reputation beyond repute
I think a big part of the A10's struggles have been the coaches and the albatross extensions some of the schools have signed them to.

Hurley still hasn't done anything of note at Rhody. Mooney's system at Richmond is not conducive to long-term success. The only time they've made the tourney is when they had the POY. Kellogg got a ridiculous extension they one time the stumbled into the tourney. Same with Dr. G. Ferry at Duquesne is a lost cause.

I think McKillop will be OK once he can get some higher caliber recruits. I think Wade will be able to recruit at a high enough level to sustain their success. Schmidt should be able to have the Bonnies cyclically competing for bids - I mean they should have gone last year. Paulsen is showing promise at Mason. Ford never amounted to much at UMass, but is recruiting high profile players. Will have to see if they pan out.

Just seems like the A10 is in a weird spot with a lot of coaches that haven't proven themselves and too many that have.