Go Back   UDPride Discussion Forums

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
View Single Post
Old 04-23-2012, 04:42 PM
Committed to this Web Site and Your Enjoyment!

Thanked 4,285 Times in 1,756 Posts
SeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Sid Louick View Post
Following is a link to an interesting article in the Washington Post about the transfer game. Definitely another example of how young people today want everything NOW and will do whatever it takes to get what they want.

The article also notes that Duquesne's T.J McConnell wound up at Arizona but has to sit out a year, thus leaving an opening next year for Lyons. I wonder if McConnell (a Pgh. area kid) going to Arizona indicates that Sean Miller still has some influence in that area. Hope AM can develop the same.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/sports...OYT_story.html
The transfer game plays both ways. When I was younger, I thought he scholarship was four years. That was the term I heard. Later, when I learned that scholarships are one years at a time, I was surprised. Dayton has dropped some players over the years. One can argue that they were deserved. Such as Norman....

Loyalty has to be a two way street. With the number of one and dones, transfers and players dropped, loyalty does not feel as if it runs up and the down the NCAA very hard. Of course, big money turns almost everybody into mercenaries.
3 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to SeasonTicketFan For This Totally Excellent Post:
anthonycharles (04-23-2012), m21eagle45 (04-23-2012), xubrew (04-23-2012)