User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
Thread: Tracking RPIs
View Single Post
Old 09-11-2018, 10:59 AM
Flyer Volleyball Superfan. Almost 8,000 Posts To Prove It.

Thanked 5,360 Times in 2,463 Posts
BeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond repute
A10 final non conference week

I didn’t look at opponents already played and the opponents-opponents part of the rpi equation. But solely on who everyone plays this week and current figgie adjusted w/ bonus rpis - here’s the potential for the teams current rpi to go up or down before conference play begins. Also these rpis might have changed a little from above due to games played and updated since I posted above.

85 Davidson - I’m sure their tourney in SC will get cancelled due to hurricane. Expect to stay pretty much the same. I think this is strong for DAV. They have had a very good non-conf.

160 VCU - they have 5 matches in 7 days. 20 SC, 110 VA, 137 VA Tech, 172 James Madison, 263 Toledo. If they lost all 5 I think they stay about the same. 2 or more wins they improve. 4 wins I think they get in the 70-80s. We really need them to start playing better and get under 100.

177 LaSalle - 198 Ball St, 205 Towson, 237 UMBC. They might not beat Ball St. it helps us a little if they do because we play LS twice and BSt only counts once in our rpi calculation. I’d love to see LS finish the year with an rpi around 150. That would be cutting their rpi in half from 3-4 years ago when it was always 300+. It’s a real possibility. This week I don’t see it moving much up or down but they open conference against VCU and DAV and play the current top 3 teams twice.

193 RI - 140 Sacred Heart, 311 Binghamton, 318 NJIT. I think they will go 3-0 but these 3 won’t move their rpi. Previous opponents and their opponents might help them. Looking for something 160 or better from RI before season is over.

223 FORD - 147 Dartmouth, 180 Columbia, 302 St Francis, 328 Manhattan. This too looks like a wash even if they win all 4. A loss to either 300 and they will drop. Need them to finish season better than 200 and they have an opportunity to do that if Fairchild gets healthy. But right now she hasn’t played this year.

230 SLU - 111 UMKC, 145 Murray St, 174 UNLV. I think this is a critical week for SLU. They need to get on some kind of upward track. This schedule was put together for 3 wins before A10 play. They need to find a way to make that happen and forget about how the season has gone so far. I’m planning on watching some. I saw them week one and they really couldn’t do much right in all aspects of the game. Everyone expected SLU to be a 40-60 rpi team. Right now I’d be happy with something around 150. We will see after I watch again this week if I feel that’s even possible. If not I think Miller’s is probably out at SLU and I wonder if they will try to bring Anne back??????

257 DUQ - 62 Houston, 167 E MI, 197 IPFW. Even with 3 losses, rpi gets better. Any wins helps even more plus it improves after playing DAV and VCU in week 1 conference. We need DUQ around 150-170. They have a good weekend and that’s possible. Go Dukes.

276 GW - 168 Memphis, 301 Hampton, 331 Coppin St, 332 AL A&M. Pray the hurricane goes North to DC. ( That’s a joke.) None of this helps the A10. 5 teams in this tourney. 3 in the 300s + GW at 276. All that’s going to do is pull down Memphis’ rpi after they beat everyone. Even if GW goes 4-0 I think their rpi drops and continues to drop with this groups records the rest of the season.

308 G Mason - 94 Redford, 98 No CO, 334 Norfolk St. GM beat Norfolk 3-0 earlier. We need the same. Losses to the other two still help GMs rpi. They should get out of the 300s this weekend as long as they beat Norfolk St.