User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
View Single Post
Old 11-27-2017, 01:48 PM
Major

Cardsflyer is a glorious beacon of lightCardsflyer is a glorious beacon of lightCardsflyer is a glorious beacon of lightCardsflyer is a glorious beacon of lightCardsflyer is a glorious beacon of light
I disagree with not going to this tournament. I think it gives valuable post season experience for the younger players. It gives an opportunity to the seniors to get that one last bit of playing time in college. It gives more exposure nationally to our program. There may be players out there that never know about Dayton until they see them play in a tournament like this one. There are some pretty good teams in this tournament that have some pretty good records. If we are truly one of the top 4 out, then why not play and win this one?

I get the whole if it isn't the NCAA's it just isn't good enough argument, but disagree with that elitist way of thinking. If we had a bad year, we had a bad year. If we had injuries, we had injuries, but to deny our student athletes a shot at playing for a championship is not just right in my opinion.

I love watching Dayton sports and I have come from Columbus to watch the Women play both Volleyball and Hoops and just about every game the Flyer Football team plays. I am proud and happy to see them win and ache and feel crabby when they lose. Any post season opportunity needs to be taken advantage of (again this is just my opinion).

Go Flyers!