Go Back   UDPride Discussion Forums

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
View Single Post
Old 05-18-2022, 09:00 PM
Flyer Volleyball Superfan. Almost 8,000 Posts To Prove It.

Thanked 5,412 Times in 2,484 Posts
BeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond repute
I like this schedule for this seasons team. We will have some youth on the floor. Two surprises. No Louisville, but I know Covid has messed that contract up and we are only hosting one weekend tourney. They should be on next year. Second, no SEC. With only one tourney to host, we invited a Big10 team - ILL who finished at 22-12 last year.

I like the 2 ACC teams. GA Tech who finished 4th and FL St who finished 5th in the ACC.

PAC 12 team AZ St I think are the only team on the OOC portion that had a losing record last year. 14-17.

Two AAC teams - 3rd Cincy and 5th Wichita St.

ILL St is always a good schedule. They finish 1 or 2 in their conference almost all the time. 2nd to Loyola last year.

Wright st was 3rd in Horizon and FIU was 3rd in CUSA.

Villanova and MO St finished 6th in their conferences. MO St might be the back end of a home-home contact.

Ball St won the MAC last year.

Five teams were NCAA teams last year. That’s about as good as we get, since we don’t control teams at three weekend tournaments.

No Elite 8 or better team this year. I had no inside info, but I was leaning towards taking one step down and trying to get some teams we can play with versus trying to take a set off a highly ranked team. Will it work to build confidence and experience to take your game to the next level during the toughest matches to get a win? And more importantly to get us over the first weekend hump in the NCAAs? Who knows until it plays out the next two or theee years. But, I like we are trying to put the puzzle together differently.

Last edited by BeckysTXA; 05-18-2022 at 09:03 PM..
Mad Props to BeckysTXA For This Totally Excellent Post:
Lifelong Flyer Fan (05-18-2022)