Go Back   UDPride Discussion Forums

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
View Single Post
Old 05-28-2022, 09:13 AM
Flyer Volleyball Superfan. Almost 8,000 Posts To Prove It.

Thanked 5,413 Times in 2,485 Posts
BeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond repute
I popped out to the schedule this am and it looks like a couple changes. First we’ve got Kentucky as our Exhibit match at Fredrick’s on Aug 20. We’ve had a great run of exhibit matches in recent years to help us get ready for the season and this continues this fall. It’s also at home so fans will get to see some of our new/young players early. We open with Cincy on the road the next weekend. Cincy will be better this year, and they took us to 5 sets last year, so we need a strong exhibition match with so many young players that will be called on to contribute this year.

Week 4 is the Wright State Invitational. I believe the original release had us playing Wright St and Wichita State across town. Now we play Wright St on both Thursday and Saturday night across town. But we play Wichita State at The Frericks Center on Friday night. I believe the 2nd Wright St match was added, and it gets us to a full 30 match season without much added cost…although the diesel for the bus trip across town might break the bank…and we get another home match on Friday night which is always a great Red Scare night.

I don’t know how strong Wright St will be this year with a new coaching staff. The previous staff did a great job moving the program forward. They beat us at Frericks last year. Hopefully their program can stay strong. It’s good for both programs to be able to schedule and have competitive matches.
Mad Props to BeckysTXA For This Totally Excellent Post:
Glen Clark (05-28-2022)