Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
Thread: Crean vs Archie
View Single Post
Old 03-27-2017, 12:01 PM
Brigadier General

Thanked 1,262 Times in 666 Posts
FlyerGuyer has a reputation beyond reputeFlyerGuyer has a reputation beyond reputeFlyerGuyer has a reputation beyond reputeFlyerGuyer has a reputation beyond reputeFlyerGuyer has a reputation beyond reputeFlyerGuyer has a reputation beyond reputeFlyerGuyer has a reputation beyond reputeFlyerGuyer has a reputation beyond reputeFlyerGuyer has a reputation beyond reputeFlyerGuyer has a reputation beyond reputeFlyerGuyer has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by DallasFlyer View Post
QUESTION B: Could Tom Crean do at Dayton what he did at Indiana (multiple sweet 16s) or even what he did at Marquette (a final four)? And as a follow up to that question, would you as a Flyer Fan be excited to find out?

Yes, I think so. Crean gets a bad rap mostly because of internet trolls and because of Indiana's large and intolerant fan base. I've even seen Indiana fans (who appeared to be sweater vest types or boosters) yelling directly at Crean that he literally "ruined the program," which is a bit over the top. I mean, we're not looking at JOB here. He had to deal with a lot of background noise and distractions (especially in recent years), which almost certainly affected his team's performance. Yes, that's part of every major program, but much less so at UD, which could be the perfect antidote for Tom Crean.
Mad Props to FlyerGuyer For This Totally Excellent Post:
skip69 (04-27-2017)