Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
Thread: McKinley Wright
View Single Post
Old 04-10-2017, 02:30 PM
Brigadier General

Thanked 2,476 Times in 1,110 Posts
JimBo has a reputation beyond reputeJimBo has a reputation beyond reputeJimBo has a reputation beyond reputeJimBo has a reputation beyond reputeJimBo has a reputation beyond reputeJimBo has a reputation beyond reputeJimBo has a reputation beyond reputeJimBo has a reputation beyond reputeJimBo has a reputation beyond reputeJimBo has a reputation beyond reputeJimBo has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by shocka43 View Post
Either your committed...or you're not.
If coaches these days aren't committed, how can you expect the same of recruits. I know I'm going to get told it's not the same, but in some manners it is. Recruits need to get back to basing decisions more so on schools and programs rather than coaches. Unless you're good enough to go to Duke, or one of the other fortunate schools who have coaches who are lifers, I'm not sure how recruits can believe anything they are told. Coaches probably tell recruits the same things they tell fans, I love it here and have never thought of going anywhere else. If you're talented enough, the NBA will come calling, regardless of where you play your collegiate days at. I think coaches get way too much credit for sending players to the NBA.

There is no such thing as commitment in college basketball anymore. No reason at all to expect it from recruits.
Mad Props to JimBo For This Totally Excellent Post:
Gazoo (04-11-2017)