Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
View Single Post
Old 04-14-2012, 01:53 PM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 2,524 Times in 1,441 Posts
UDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond repute
Much of Chris's disdain for rankings (and my agreeing with him) has to do with basketball experience. I think that vball rankings are more accurate because of the amount of time spent playing against high level competition. There are players who have the ability to be studs but if they aren't playing aau ball they are difficult to find and it will take a while for them to develop.

I know of a sophomore who is a foster child and probably will not get the opportunity to play aau ball. When I met her she had never really played any vball but I could see IMMENSE potential talent there. Kelly and I talked about this last year. He agrees that many players with the potential to be great will never get a chance because of the focus on club ball and tournaments. The same applies to bball but bball skills can be self taught. You can teach yourself to serve the ball and improve your blocking without help but most other things require one or more training partners.

I definitely want top 100 recruits.