» Advertisement
Comment

Article Tools Display Modes
Beat Xavier
Beat Xavier
Published by Swampy Meadows
03-10-2011
Beat Xavier

BEVERLY HILLS (MI) -- I want to thank my evil twin Marshy Pastures for writing the pre-UMass “From the Swamp” column entitled “Dear BG.” He’s enuf to bring the sun down, ain’t he? But now it’s time to play X for a third game this season and Captain Optimism is back in command and ready to watch (or at least follow on GameTracker while at work) while the Flyers kick some French butt!

-- Speaking of the UMass game, since we dropped Comcast and went with WOW, I no longer can get CBS College Sports at home. I had to rely on Larry and Bucky, who were both giddy as school kids during the game. Here is the official highlights video:

http://www.fansonly.com/schools/dayt.../?media=235607

I have two words for Derek Kellogg:

collar stays

That collar on your shirt looked like it was ready to take off.

-- I hate to break it to you Coach Mack, but deep down in her heart-of-hearts whenever Dayton faces off vs. the Muskies, your wife Christi roots for her alma mater.

Once a Flyer always a Flyer, dude.

-- Does Dante Jackson still even play for X anymore? I don’t recall him doing anything noteworthy last game for them.

-- Chris DiSano of College Chalk Talk tweeted thusly:

“Looks like another Xavier/Dayton tilt in AC. Gotta love it!”

-- Being the good Catholic boys that most of them are, the Flyers have given up losing to Xavier for Lent. This grudge match is being played on a Friday in Lent, a day on which you’re not supposed to eat meat. Which means that the Muskies are going straight to hell for chewing on a Spalding sandwich or five that Chris Wright will have the pleasure of serving them, Boardwalk style with all the fixins.

-- Fox Sports Ohio says that they will pick up the UD/X game on Friday:

http://cincinnati.com/blogs/tv/2011/...on-fso-friday/

-- I’m really sorry that I didn’t get to sit next to Andy Mac from MusketeerMadness.com when I came down for the X/UD game at the Arena in late February. Here’s a link to his latest column:

http://timstvshowcase.com/kangaroo.html

-- Not that this Flyer team, coaches or fans need any extra motivation to get up for a game vs. Norwood University but why don’t you win this one for Justine Raterman, fellas. That young lady gave absolutely everything she had for the Red and Blue in the A-10 Championship vs. X and left it all on the floor in that empty arena in Lowell, MA.

-- Meanwhile one of the two future Flyers had himself a stat-stuffing game last night. LaDontae Henton had 15 points, 12 rebounds, 7 assists, 4 blocks and 2 steals in a District game vs. St. John’s:

http://www.lansingstatejournal.com/a...xt%7CFRONTPAGE

-- Who is Jay Canty and why should we care?

-- “From the Swamp” prediction:

Dayton 68
Xavier 62

That’s it “From the Swamp.”
You can email me at: swampy@udpride.com
Article Tools
By Columbia Blue on 03-10-2011, 10:23 AM
no doubt on the collar stays -- between that and the Riley/Lavin pomade ... wow
By Swampy Meadows on 03-10-2011, 09:22 PM
My boy KenPom has the final score as X 70, UD 63. He says the Flyers have only a 22% chance of winning, which is much lower than when the game was at UD Arena.

Screw 'em, beat the French!
Comment

Article Tools