UDPride Discussion Forums    

Go Back   UDPride Discussion Forums > UDPRIDE SPORTS FORUMS > Volleyball

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement

Old 08-05-2018, 10:50 AM
Flyer Volleyball Superfan. Almost 8,000 Posts To Prove It.

Thanked 5,359 Times in 2,463 Posts
BeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond repute
2018 Rule Changes

Not too many that impact fans.

They edited the Libero Jersey description and they made two line up card rule modifications that fans never see.

They made 3 changes to the Challenge Review System (CRS) Rules. I haven’t heard if Dayton is getting one of these systems this year or not, but we will probably play at Kentucky and Pittsburgh with one, plus the NCAAs.

They combined the in/out and touch challenges. In the past if a coach challenged an in/ out call and during the review of the point the refs saw a touch, they had to ignore the touch because it wasn’t under review. Now they can make the right call on the point.

They are adding a 3-meter attack line infraction as a reviewable Challenge.

And if a set goes to 5 sets, coaches get a extra challenge. I think they get two per set now. This gives a coach 1-3 challenges in a 5th set, depending if they have used any in the set to that point.

Finally, the one rule change that will affect fan...maximum intermission time goes from 10 mins to 5 mins. Most teams in most matches probably won’t leave the court, but rather huddle up in a corner for intermission. I’m not sure I like this for the fans or the coaches. We will see how it plays out.
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to BeckysTXA For This Totally Excellent Post:
Lifelong Flyer Fan (08-05-2018), UDVBFan (08-06-2018)
Advertisement