Go Back   UDPride Discussion Forums > UDPRIDE SPORTS FORUMS > Football

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement

Old 04-14-2018, 11:24 PM
Captain

FlyerIllini is just really niceFlyerIllini is just really niceFlyerIllini is just really niceFlyerIllini is just really nice
2018 Spring Game

Just an FYI for anyone planning to listen to the spring game on the radio. In an attempt to miss bad weather, the time has been moved up to noon ET.

Also, if anyone actually attends (I'm not), please feel free to use this thread to post a report. Go Flyers.
Advertisement
Old 04-16-2018, 03:04 PM
Lieutenant General

Thanked 6,559 Times in 2,452 Posts
Lifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond repute
Hartsock: https://www.whio.com/sports/rain-can...yTmfSAoWnAKII/

Larry Hansgen FB post:

My takeaways from the abbreviated spring game:
1. Alex Jeske's arm looks even stronger. He made a throw from one hash to the far sideline that was a bullet. Unfortunately, it was dropped.
2. Team looks deep at wide receiver, safety and perhaps running back. Richie Warfield and Tyler Vincent look like they could be in the mix with Tucker Yinger and Sean Prophit.
3. With the top four linebackers gone from last year, someone needs to step up and fill that void. AJ Foster made some plays yesterday.
4. The "Solon Connection" might provide help at cornerback as freshman Joe Bubonics looked good.
5. Biggest need for this team to be successful in 2018 is a pass rush. Only one sack by a defensive lineman all last season.
6 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to Lifelong Flyer Fan For This Totally Excellent Post:
Cardsflyer (04-16-2018), Flyer Gramps (04-17-2018), FlyerIllini (04-18-2018), NEOFlyer (04-17-2018), PittsburghFlyer (05-03-2018), Showme Flyer (04-16-2018)
Old 04-18-2018, 06:28 PM
Committed to this Web Site and Your Enjoyment!

Showme Flyer has a brilliant futureShowme Flyer has a brilliant futureShowme Flyer has a brilliant futureShowme Flyer has a brilliant futureShowme Flyer has a brilliant futureShowme Flyer has a brilliant futureShowme Flyer has a brilliant futureShowme Flyer has a brilliant futureShowme Flyer has a brilliant futureShowme Flyer has a brilliant futureShowme Flyer has a brilliant future
I look for us to have a good year, Send all the young men returning as 5th year
seniors off with a PFL Championship. The road goes through San Diego, ready for warm weather and some Flyer Football
Old 04-18-2018, 11:22 PM
Captain

FlyerIllini is just really niceFlyerIllini is just really niceFlyerIllini is just really niceFlyerIllini is just really nice
My very early prediction: Richie Warfield will be more than "in the mix." The kid is a stud and is going to be a significant contributor this year.
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to FlyerIllini For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer Gramps (04-20-2018), Showme Flyer (04-19-2018)
Old 04-20-2018, 09:45 AM
Colonel

Flyer Gramps is a jewel in the roughFlyer Gramps is a jewel in the roughFlyer Gramps is a jewel in the roughFlyer Gramps is a jewel in the rough
Hey, Illini dad and others,

Keep me posted on the "Solon Connection", Joe Bubonics.

He could return the "Flyer Position" to a level not seen in a while when he matures into college football. Remember, he's a coach's son! And dad coached what? - defense of course! He had a 2-time All-State Safety who went to Dayton years ago followed by another defender who played our Flyer position. The Safety kid never played college safety though - too small although he played safety on our kickoff team. I remember Larry Hansgen reporting on the radio that he never saw a QB on the KO team before!
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to Flyer Gramps For This Totally Excellent Post:
Cardsflyer (04-24-2018), PittsburghFlyer (05-03-2018)
Old 04-20-2018, 02:23 PM
Captain

Gramps: I think young Mr. Bubonics has a chance to play this year, but not at Flyer. I'm fairly certain he's in the rotation at CB. That position is wide-open and they need at least one of the younger guys like him to step up. Having listened to the radio broadcast of the spring game, Mr. Bubonics acquitted himself very well. Love those coaches' kids.
Mad Props to FlyerIllini For This Totally Excellent Post:
Cardsflyer (04-24-2018)