Go Back   UDPride Discussion Forums > UDPRIDE SPORTS FORUMS > Football

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement

Old 05-02-2012, 04:32 PM
Captain

PIONEER 8 has a spectacular aura aboutPIONEER 8 has a spectacular aura aboutPIONEER 8 has a spectacular aura about
Have a good summer

I hope all the Flyers and Flyer fans have a good summer. Let's keep our fingers crossed that the team all comes back bigger, stronger and healthy for training camp in August and that we are full go for Illinois State on September 1st.
3 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to PIONEER 8 For This Totally Excellent Post:
jmitch (05-02-2012), smitch425 (05-03-2012), UDBrian (05-02-2012)
Advertisement
Old 05-02-2012, 04:50 PM
Colonel

Flyer Gramps is a jewel in the roughFlyer Gramps is a jewel in the roughFlyer Gramps is a jewel in the roughFlyer Gramps is a jewel in the rough
Thanks Pi 8 for the summer wish.

But we'll still be hanging around, trying to get a sniff of Flyer football where we can.

Remember, the program still owes us a list of the recruits; there are a couple we don't know.

After the semester ends, they'll take the graduates off the internet roster and give us the number changes.

In no time camp will open, the media day/picnic day will arrive & summer will officially be done.

In the meantime, we'll be following football in Europe all summer with the 2010 Flyer Trio and their adventures. Supposed to be live streaming of Calanda (#4 ranked in Europe) from Finland Saturday noon but any UD football fan knows how nebulous that can be.
Old 05-03-2012, 10:15 AM
Academy Doolie

ICDWS is on a distinguished road
Gramps: enlighten us newcomers on this media day/picnic? what, when, where? sounds like another trip to UD we had not planned on. Nothing wrong there, just want to make sure we have it down. I need to start saving my lunch money for another trip to Pine Club!
Old 05-03-2012, 10:48 AM
Colonel

Flyer Gramps is a jewel in the roughFlyer Gramps is a jewel in the roughFlyer Gramps is a jewel in the roughFlyer Gramps is a jewel in the rough
Story Coming

Sorry ICY, I'm just a gramps from far away. Never been to a media day picnic.

But you will hear the story here first, from guys who volunteer to work so you will have a good time! Mitch & that Motor City guy will be along soon.
Old 05-03-2012, 11:59 AM
Colonel

smitch425 has a reputation beyond reputesmitch425 has a reputation beyond reputesmitch425 has a reputation beyond reputesmitch425 has a reputation beyond reputesmitch425 has a reputation beyond reputesmitch425 has a reputation beyond reputesmitch425 has a reputation beyond reputesmitch425 has a reputation beyond reputesmitch425 has a reputation beyond reputesmitch425 has a reputation beyond reputesmitch425 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by ICDWS View Post
Gramps: enlighten us newcomers on this media day/picnic? what, when, where? sounds like another trip to UD we had not planned on. Nothing wrong there, just want to make sure we have it down. I need to start saving my lunch money for another trip to Pine Club!
I can help with some of this. This event is held at Welcome Stadium at the end of the fall practice time. This is the day that they take the team/individual pictures and the media is also present. After all of the photos are done, the families and players are treated to a free cookout by The Flyers Club. The food and drinks are located inside UD Arena. Myself, my kids, and DetroitFlyer are typically on drink duty at the Arena concession stand. Last year the president of Flyers Club was in there, too. Jmitch (my hubby) does something that day, too but to be honest, I never really see him unless he is bringing our kids more food, so I can't tell you exactly what it is that he does. LOL! It is a fun day and a great way to interact with the players and their families.

If you make it to the picnic, come say hi. DetroitFlyer will be the one with the mustache, and I will be the one trying to make sure the kids don't knock anything over.
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to smitch425 For This Totally Excellent Post:
DetroitFlyer (05-03-2012), ICDWS (05-03-2012)
Old 05-03-2012, 04:50 PM
Academy Doolie

ICDWS is on a distinguished road
Sounds like fun. I'm sure one of us will be there to cheer the Flyers on. We are very much looking forward to UD football and learning all sorts of new traditions. I am going to Ireland with our high school team to open the season there Labor Day weekend. Thank goodness son #1 doesnt start playing until Sept 15!
Old 05-04-2012, 03:21 PM
Captain

jmitch will become famous soon enoughjmitch will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by smitch425 View Post
I can help with some of this. This event is held at Welcome Stadium at the end of the fall practice time. This is the day that they take the team/individual pictures and the media is also present. After all of the photos are done, the families and players are treated to a free cookout by The Flyers Club. The food and drinks are located inside UD Arena. Myself, my kids, and DetroitFlyer are typically on drink duty at the Arena concession stand. Last year the president of Flyers Club was in there, too. Jmitch (my hubby) does something that day, too but to be honest, I never really see him unless he is bringing our kids more food, so I can't tell you exactly what it is that he does. LOL! It is a fun day and a great way to interact with the players and their families.

If you make it to the picnic, come say hi. DetroitFlyer will be the one with the mustache, and I will be the one trying to make sure the kids don't knock anything over.
Somehow I have not been offered the cushy and refreshing "drink duty" job, Smitch. To let you know, "the runner" doesn't get to stay in the air conditioned arena pouring drinks all day. Instead he "runs" from the grill to the serving tables with pound after pound of dogs and brats to feed the rather hungry football team and their families. Not to worry though, I eat enough of the dogs and brats myself to make up for the weight lost by running...
Mad Props to jmitch For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer Gramps (05-04-2012)
Old 05-04-2012, 06:39 PM
Colonel

Summer Homework

Perhaps the newbees could spend some time at their site. There's an amazing number of things to do on here. I've done some & have even forgotten how I did them. But consider this homework assignment from Gramps:

• You do know there is a Private Message Feature. The top right hand lets you know when you have an incoming message. Outgoing & incoming have separate files. Housekeeping is require when you reach the limit.
  • Your homepage can give info about yourself if you wish
  • Photos can be uploaded. i removed many old ones. Takes a long time to do this & while it was fun for me, doubt many saw the pics & few responded but several albums remain.
  • I may just add a couple albums since so many parents are now following