User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement

Old 01-27-2017, 03:47 PM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 3,787 Times in 1,933 Posts
Avid Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Flyer has a reputation beyond repute
Dayton picks winner for asssistant coach

Alyssa D'Errico has quite a resume. Asst at Louisville and a member national champion Penn State team. Also has pro ball experience. Welcome to the family Alyssa.

http://daytonflyers.com/news/2017/1/...all-staff.aspx

Last edited by Avid Flyer; 01-27-2017 at 03:50 PM..
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to Avid Flyer For This Totally Excellent Post:
Glen Clark (01-30-2017), Lifelong Flyer Fan (01-27-2017)
Advertisement
Old 01-27-2017, 05:43 PM
Flyer Volleyball Superfan. Almost 8,000 Posts To Prove It.

Thanked 5,353 Times in 2,461 Posts
BeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond repute
Anytime you can link your program to Penn States, that's a win. It's especially great on the recruiting trail and UD gets that with this hire.

I followed Alyssa's playing career because I know one of her former teammates and thus followed PSU during all these championship years.

Congrats to Alyssa and to Coach Horsmon and UD athletics. This is an awesome hire. And the icing on the cake is her expertise is back row play. You have to be an elite serve receive team and passing team if you plan to go far in the NCAAs. Adding a former Libero that won 4 National Championships is so exciting.

Is it August yet? I hate the off-season.
Old 01-27-2017, 05:52 PM

BeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond repute
I forgot to add, she worked for former SLU coach Anne Kordes last year at Louisville. Kordes resigned this past fall, so her staff was available. I'm sure both Kordes and Russ Rose gave her great recommendations. Horsmon know both of these coaches. I'm also hoping we can get a regular season match with Penn State. It's been in the works in past years but has never come to pass. The next two years would be great.

Looking forward to the release of the Spring schedule. Then any additional recruits. And then the big one - next years schedule.
Old 01-28-2017, 12:00 PM
I Am A Statistical God

Thanked 6,152 Times in 2,316 Posts
Figgie123 has a reputation beyond reputeFiggie123 has a reputation beyond reputeFiggie123 has a reputation beyond reputeFiggie123 has a reputation beyond reputeFiggie123 has a reputation beyond reputeFiggie123 has a reputation beyond reputeFiggie123 has a reputation beyond reputeFiggie123 has a reputation beyond reputeFiggie123 has a reputation beyond reputeFiggie123 has a reputation beyond reputeFiggie123 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by BeckysTXA View Post
I'm also hoping we can get a regular season match with Penn State. It's been in the works in past years but has never come to pass. The next two years would be great.
That would be awesome. Maybe we wouldn't get sent to College Park for the 4th straight year in the NCAA Tournament.
Old 01-28-2017, 04:42 PM

Maybe if we have a good schedule, we can host. Top 16 seeds host these days so it's now harder for a school like Dayton, but it should be a real possibility the next 3 years.