UDPride Discussion Forums    

Go Back   UDPride Discussion Forums > UDPRIDE SPORTS FORUMS > Mens Basketball

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement

Old 03-30-2023, 10:35 PM
Committed to this Web Site and Your Enjoyment!

Thanked 6,126 Times in 4,171 Posts
ud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond repute
The transfer list that I posted upthread is for the 2022-2023 season, not just for the 2023 calendar year.

Tyrone Baker, who transferred out of UD in December 2022, is on the list.

It would be nice if that list was sortable by name or old school or new school. It would also be nice if there was a date associated with when each player entered the portal.

Last edited by ud2; 03-30-2023 at 10:37 PM..
Advertisement
Old 03-30-2023, 11:46 PM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 5,152 Times in 2,713 Posts
cj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond repute
This would be a great opportunity for Jablonski to find out what the plans are for Camara and Holmes.
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to cj For This Totally Excellent Post:
Tony T 71 (03-31-2023), Viperstick (04-01-2023)
Old 03-31-2023, 04:10 AM

Thanked 1,645 Times in 683 Posts
Tony T 71 has a reputation beyond reputeTony T 71 has a reputation beyond reputeTony T 71 has a reputation beyond reputeTony T 71 has a reputation beyond reputeTony T 71 has a reputation beyond reputeTony T 71 has a reputation beyond reputeTony T 71 has a reputation beyond reputeTony T 71 has a reputation beyond reputeTony T 71 has a reputation beyond reputeTony T 71 has a reputation beyond reputeTony T 71 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by cj View Post
This would be a great opportunity for Jablonski to find out what the plans are for Camara and Holmes.

Totally agree!

Cancer Survivor Amen
Old 03-31-2023, 02:16 PM

Thanked 15,878 Times in 6,982 Posts
rollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond repute
Caleb Grill from Iowa State is available...he's a stud 3-point shooter who was dismissed late this season with no explanation...no legal charges either. Grant needs to be all over this kid.
Old 03-31-2023, 02:22 PM
General

Thanked 4,578 Times in 2,405 Posts
Smitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by rollo View Post
Caleb Grill from Iowa State is available...he's a stud 3-point shooter who was dismissed late this season with no explanation...no legal charges either. Grant needs to be all over this kid.
Oh, this is rich. The guy who thinks the rest of this board should trust him as to the character flaws of players over the years without providing any specifics yet his coach at Iowa St(do they have higher standards than UD?) says related to Grill's dismissal "We hold our players to high standards and there are expectations that our student-athletes are held accountable for," and Rollo dismisses that and says "sign him AG".
Old 03-31-2023, 02:36 PM

rollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond repute
Notice I said there are no 'legal' issues with him...didn't sexually assault a drunk 17 year old...didn't throw his girlfriend's laundry all over Brown St...or throw his baby across the room in a fight with his baby momma...nor did I say AG needs to 'sign him'...

Grill came out and said he's dealing with mental health issues...which I would think you may understand better than most.

Now, would you care to discuss the real story or just make sh*t up?

Last edited by rollo; 03-31-2023 at 02:41 PM..
Mad Props to rollo For This Totally Excellent Post:
Monster Man (03-31-2023)
Old 03-31-2023, 03:05 PM
General

Smitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond repute
Notice I said there are no 'legal' issues with him...didn't sexually assault a drunk 17 year old...didn't throw his girlfriend's laundry all over Brown St...or throw his baby across the room in a fight with his baby momma...nor did I say AG needs to 'sign him'...

Grill came out and said he's dealing with mental health issues...which I would think you may understand better than most.

Now, would you care to discuss the real story or just make sh*t up?
"Grant needs to be all over this kid". WTH does that mean if it doesn't mean sign him.

Oh, so because you get the inside scoop at little ol U of D, you assume that he's not committed any criminal acts at Idaho St.? If you want to tell me you have great grapevine of info from there, maybe I'll listen, otherwise you are just making sh*t up.
Old 03-31-2023, 03:09 PM

Originally Posted by Smitty10 View Post
"Grant needs to be all over this kid". WTH does that mean if it doesn't mean sign him.

Oh, so because you get the inside scoop at little ol U of D, you assume that he's not committed any criminal acts at Idaho St.? If you want to tell me you have great grapevine of info from there, maybe I'll listen, otherwise you are just making sh*t up.
I didn't say 'Idaho State' either...do you ever think before posting or is understanding what is ask/said just something us sweater-vesters do?

FYI, my ISU grad brother-in-law is the Super Rollo of Iowa/Idaho State hoops.

To most people, saying you should be "all over this kid' means aggressively recruiting. Unless you're Kavs in which it means something completely different.

Last edited by rollo; 03-31-2023 at 03:13 PM..
Old 03-31-2023, 03:20 PM
General

I didn't say 'Idaho State' either...do you ever think before posting or is understanding what is ask/said just something us sweater-vesters do?

To most people, saying you should be "all over this kid' means aggressively recruiting. Unless you're Kavs in which it means something completely different.
Error on Idaho rather than Iowa. My bad. How can I ever live with this error.

Okay, so aggressively recruit him, but don't sign him. lol, you make as much sense in recruiting threads as you do in the referee threads.
Old 03-31-2023, 03:20 PM
Lieutenant General

Thanked 2,317 Times in 1,329 Posts
CT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond repute
Hunter Dickinson from Michigan just entered the portal...just need upwards of $175K and he could be ours...
Old 03-31-2023, 03:27 PM
Lieutenant General

Thanked 1,558 Times in 941 Posts
maddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by Tony T 71 View Post
Totally agree!
Jablonski…. Bawaaahaaahaaa. He’s still working on what happened to Frankie Policeli. The next time he has any insight will be the first.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-31-2023, 03:29 PM

Okay, so aggressively recruit him, but don't sign him. lol, you make as much sense in recruiting threads as you do in the referee threads.
This is about as close to a compliment as you’ve ever given me, so THANKS! You’re coming around to my way of thinking faster than I expected.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-31-2023, 03:36 PM
Brigadier General

Thanked 1,430 Times in 755 Posts
Hyde Park Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeHyde Park Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeHyde Park Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeHyde Park Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeHyde Park Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeHyde Park Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeHyde Park Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeHyde Park Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeHyde Park Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeHyde Park Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeHyde Park Flyer has a reputation beyond repute
Error on Idaho rather than Iowa. My bad. How can I ever live with this error.

I would assume that aggressively recruiting a transfer from Iowa State who was dismissed from the team would include investigating the behind the scenes stuff. Isn’t that obvious?
Posted via Mobile Device
Mad Props to Hyde Park Flyer For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer 86 (04-01-2023)
Old 03-31-2023, 03:37 PM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 4,693 Times in 2,511 Posts
TA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond repute

Thinking is apparently not a requirement on these threads.
Old 03-31-2023, 03:48 PM
General

Originally Posted by Hyde Park Flyer View Post
I would assume that aggressively recruiting a transfer from Iowa State who was dismissed from the team would include investigating the behind the scenes stuff. Isn’t that obvious?
Posted via Mobile Device
Say I'm a coach. I see a name in the portal that intrigues me. I do a quick google on him and find out he's a rapist, murderer, thief, black-mailer, importer of drugs etc... I cross him off my list. Did I recruit him in any sense of the term?
Old 03-31-2023, 03:55 PM
Brigadier General

Hyde Park Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeHyde Park Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeHyde Park Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeHyde Park Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeHyde Park Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeHyde Park Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeHyde Park Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeHyde Park Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeHyde Park Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeHyde Park Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeHyde Park Flyer has a reputation beyond repute
That is not recruiting. Again, a bit obvious. I would think the minimum recruiting effort would include making an effort to contact the player.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-31-2023, 03:57 PM
General

Originally Posted by TA111 View Post
Thinking is apparently not a requirement on these threads.
As you've proven, including with this post.
Old 03-31-2023, 04:03 PM

Thanked 1,303 Times in 675 Posts
TXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond repute
Apparently, we've reached this stage of UDPride

6 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to TXFlyerFan For This Totally Excellent Post:
Bucketnight (03-31-2023), CJ2etc (04-01-2023), Flyer 86 (04-01-2023), Glen Clark (03-31-2023), udflyerhoops2 (04-01-2023), wes (03-31-2023)
Old 03-31-2023, 04:11 PM

Smitty thinks you can be recruited without making contact with them...so I guess it's safe to say that I was recruited by TOSU/Woody Hayes back in the 70s even though he didn't know it. After all, I read about him at the Alter HS Library (couldn't google back then).

Oh well, their loss was UD's gain!
Flyer 86 (04-01-2023)
Old 03-31-2023, 04:30 PM
Colonel

Furio has a brilliant futureFurio has a brilliant futureFurio has a brilliant futureFurio has a brilliant futureFurio has a brilliant futureFurio has a brilliant futureFurio has a brilliant futureFurio has a brilliant futureFurio has a brilliant futureFurio has a brilliant futureFurio has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by CT Flyer View Post
Hunter Dickinson from Michigan just entered the portal...just need upwards of $175K and he could be ours...
Miami of Florida on line 1.
Mad Props to Furio For This Totally Excellent Post:
Lifelong Flyer Fan (03-31-2023)
Old 03-31-2023, 04:37 PM
Colonel

Furio has a brilliant futureFurio has a brilliant futureFurio has a brilliant futureFurio has a brilliant futureFurio has a brilliant futureFurio has a brilliant futureFurio has a brilliant futureFurio has a brilliant futureFurio has a brilliant futureFurio has a brilliant futureFurio has a brilliant future
another exciting episode of The Bickersons.
Old 03-31-2023, 06:17 PM
Captain

AZFlyer85 has much to be proud ofAZFlyer85 has much to be proud ofAZFlyer85 has much to be proud ofAZFlyer85 has much to be proud ofAZFlyer85 has much to be proud ofAZFlyer85 has much to be proud ofAZFlyer85 has much to be proud ofAZFlyer85 has much to be proud ofAZFlyer85 has much to be proud ofAZFlyer85 has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Furio View Post
another exciting episode of The Bickersons.
yep, and we fools keep tolerating it. If the players read this crap, they would be shaking their heads
Old 03-31-2023, 06:45 PM
General

Thanked 2,337 Times in 1,410 Posts
Jeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond repute
https://www.espn.com/mens-college-ba...ransfer-portal

Hope.
Old 03-31-2023, 11:22 PM
Colonel

If Nigel pack got 800,000 for 2 years just think what offers Hunter Dickinson will get
Mad Props to Furio For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer 86 (04-01-2023)
Old 04-01-2023, 09:03 AM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 10,038 Times in 2,599 Posts
lhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond repute
Definitely a name to watch

From RecruitsZone:

"Merrimack transfer Javon Bennett tells me recently heard from the following schools: Dayton, William and Mary, Indiana State, Jacksonville, Charlotte and Iona."

"Will also be taking an official visit to Dayton soon."

https://twitter.com/recruitszone/sta...789060096?s=20

The 5'11" playmaking freshman PG out of Orlando, was the NEC Rookie of the Year.

9.6 PPG 3.4 APG 2.9 SPG
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MtJM0bK_Ylw

Last edited by lhsgolf19; 04-01-2023 at 09:11 AM..
4 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to lhsgolf19 For This Totally Excellent Post:
FLYER5 (04-01-2023), Furio (04-01-2023), hawkoooo (04-03-2023), Lifelong Flyer Fan (04-01-2023)
Old 04-01-2023, 09:44 AM
Brigadier General

Could be a steal. 5’11” won’t get much portal love.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 04-01-2023, 09:50 AM
Major General

Thanked 3,108 Times in 1,418 Posts
m21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by lhsgolf19 View Post
Definitely a name to watch

From RecruitsZone:

"Merrimack transfer Javon Bennett tells me recently heard from the following schools: Dayton, William and Mary, Indiana State, Jacksonville, Charlotte and Iona."

"Will also be taking an official visit to Dayton soon."

https://twitter.com/recruitszone/sta...789060096?s=20

The 5'11" playmaking freshman PG out of Orlando, was the NEC Rookie of the Year.

9.6 PPG 3.4 APG 2.9 SPG
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MtJM0bK_Ylw
Could be a steal. 5’11” won’t get much portal love.
Posted via Mobile Device
27% from 3 and 35% overall. I do not see that improving jumping from NEC to A10. I don't see it, but I am not the coach.
Old 04-01-2023, 10:26 AM

Thanked 10,502 Times in 4,704 Posts
San Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond repute
Wink

Originally Posted by m21eagle45 View Post
27% from 3 and 35% overall. I do not see that improving jumping from NEC to A10. I don't see it, but I am not the coach.
Is this an April fool joke?

sdf
Mad Props to San Diego Flyer For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer 86 (04-01-2023)
Old 04-01-2023, 10:31 AM

Sid Louick has a brilliant futureSid Louick has a brilliant futureSid Louick has a brilliant futureSid Louick has a brilliant futureSid Louick has a brilliant futureSid Louick has a brilliant futureSid Louick has a brilliant futureSid Louick has a brilliant futureSid Louick has a brilliant futureSid Louick has a brilliant futureSid Louick has a brilliant future
Pitt is apparently hot after Amzil.
Mad Props to Sid Louick For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer 86 (04-01-2023)
Old 04-01-2023, 10:36 AM
Major General

m21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by San Diego Flyer View Post
Is this an April fool joke?

sdf
Is what a joke? His stats?
Old 04-01-2023, 10:47 AM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 10,038 Times in 2,599 Posts
lhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by m21eagle45 View Post
Is what a joke? His stats?
His final 15 Games as a true freshman

13.1 PPG 5.1 APG 3.1 SPG 35% from 3... Not bad my man
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to lhsgolf19 For This Totally Excellent Post:
ClaytonFlyerFan (04-01-2023), Flyer 86 (04-04-2023)
Old 04-01-2023, 10:56 AM
Major General

Originally Posted by lhsgolf19 View Post
His final 15 Games as a true freshman

13.1 PPG 5.1 APG 3.1 SPG 35% from 3... Not bad my man
Ok...35% in the NEC isn't 35% in the A10. Most players that make a big jump like that their numbers go down, not up.
Mad Props to m21eagle45 For This Totally Excellent Post:
jack72 (04-01-2023)
Old 04-01-2023, 11:02 AM
Major General

Thanked 1,912 Times in 1,082 Posts
NJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond repute
Players Listed in Thread

Between the list of potential players here and those committed we all need to take this advice:

PAST PERFORMANCE IS NO GUARANTEE OF FUTURE SUCCESS

Now continue on with your hope and finger crossing.
Mad Props to NJFlyr71 For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer 86 (04-01-2023)
Old 04-01-2023, 11:09 AM
Captain

soccergod is a splendid one to beholdsoccergod is a splendid one to beholdsoccergod is a splendid one to beholdsoccergod is a splendid one to beholdsoccergod is a splendid one to beholdsoccergod is a splendid one to beholdsoccergod is a splendid one to behold
Some numbers Marguis Nowell 5-8. Freshman year at Arkansas Little Rock 11.1 pts per game 35% fg
Probably best small guard in all of America Kansas St phenom
Malichi Smith 6-0 Freshman year 9.6 pts and 40% fg for Dayton
VCU Adrian Baldwin 6-1 Freshman year 6.7 pts pts 37% from the field 26 % from 3 pt %
Just a something to chew on !
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 04-01-2023, 11:20 AM
General

Thanked 2,909 Times in 1,405 Posts
frisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond repute
Gonzaga guard Hunter Sallis, a former five-star recruit, has entered the NCAA transfer portal
https://twitter.com/on3sports/status...jIALIbqs-3-8xg
Old 04-01-2023, 11:56 AM
Brigadier General

Thanked 1,749 Times in 791 Posts
Marysville Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMarysville Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMarysville Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMarysville Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMarysville Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMarysville Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMarysville Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMarysville Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMarysville Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMarysville Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMarysville Flyer has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by NJFlyr71 View Post
Between the list of potential players here and those committed we all need to take this advice:

PAST PERFORMANCE IS NO GUARANTEE OF FUTURE SUCCESS

Now continue on with your hope and finger crossing.
Agreed and the opposite is true too. I for one think RJ has more than what he showed here. If so, whatever the reasons, another team’s fans may be pleasantly surprised when he takes the court.
Posted via Mobile Device
Mad Props to Marysville Flyer For This Totally Excellent Post:
San Diego Flyer (04-01-2023)
Old 04-01-2023, 12:01 PM
General

Thanked 1,268 Times in 786 Posts
Flyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by frisco flyer View Post
Gonzaga guard Hunter Sallis, a former five-star recruit, has entered the NCAA transfer portal

175 lbs at 6 foot 5"? Sorry. No way.

College ball is Tough!
Old 04-01-2023, 12:19 PM
General

Thanked 3,904 Times in 2,143 Posts
OSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond repute
Nearly three steals a game, could be a good defender

Merrimack is getting gutted by the portal
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 04-01-2023, 12:26 PM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 4,996 Times in 2,669 Posts
T-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Flyer 86 View Post
175 lbs at 6 foot 5"? Sorry. No way.

College ball is Tough!
True, but that’s about where Baby D was when he first stepped on campus, and he proved himself pretty well. Not an all-time great, but a solid player who made some tangible contributions in his time here.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 04-01-2023, 02:25 PM
Colonel

javon bennett stats at merrimack

https://barttorvik.com/playerstat.ph...tt&t=Merrimack

Merrimack won their last 11 games of the season including the NEC
tournament. They beat a school named Farleigh Dickinson who had a
nice NCAA tourney run. Merrimack did not get the ncaa bid because
they are a transition team from div 2 and not yet eligible.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2023_N...all_tournament
Old 04-01-2023, 02:36 PM
General

Thanked 4,830 Times in 2,232 Posts
Viperstick has a reputation beyond reputeViperstick has a reputation beyond reputeViperstick has a reputation beyond reputeViperstick has a reputation beyond reputeViperstick has a reputation beyond reputeViperstick has a reputation beyond reputeViperstick has a reputation beyond reputeViperstick has a reputation beyond reputeViperstick has a reputation beyond reputeViperstick has a reputation beyond reputeViperstick has a reputation beyond repute

I think some of that White Allen NIL $$$ will be available soon...
Mad Props to Viperstick For This Totally Excellent Post:
CT Flyer (04-01-2023)
Old 04-01-2023, 11:31 PM
Flyer Volleyball Superfan. Almost 8,000 Posts To Prove It.

Thanked 5,363 Times in 2,463 Posts
BeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond repute
What? A player is leaving Gonzaga? How can that be? They have the all-time perfect coach and isn’t it the coach’s fault when a player jumps ship? That’s what posters have claim is going on at Dayton. It’s AG’s fault we have players enter the portal. Gonzaga has to be looking to fire Few.
4 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to BeckysTXA For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer 86 (04-03-2023), Glen Clark (04-02-2023), MrFlyerFanatic (04-03-2023), TA111 (04-02-2023)
Old 04-02-2023, 10:30 PM
General

OSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond repute
Transfer Portal Numbers by conference:

AAC: 48
A-10: 53
ACC: 40
Big 12: 25
Big East: 39
Big Ten: 30
C-USA: 29
Horizon: 39
MWC: 39
MVC: 42
OVC: 48
Pac-12: 43
SEC: 37
WCC: 24

@TheAthleticCBB
Posted via Mobile Device
3 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to OSU Flyer For This Totally Excellent Post:
ClaytonFlyerFan (04-03-2023), Flyer 86 (04-03-2023), rollo (04-03-2023)
Old 04-02-2023, 10:46 PM
Lieutenant Colonel

joeybaloney is a splendid one to beholdjoeybaloney is a splendid one to beholdjoeybaloney is a splendid one to beholdjoeybaloney is a splendid one to beholdjoeybaloney is a splendid one to beholdjoeybaloney is a splendid one to beholdjoeybaloney is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by BeckysTXA View Post
What? A player is leaving Gonzaga? How can that be? They have the all-time perfect coach and isn’t it the coach’s fault when a player jumps ship? That’s what posters have claim is going on at Dayton. It’s AG’s fault we have players enter the portal. Gonzaga has to be looking to fire Few.
You'd have to be crazy to fire a coach who makes the tournament every year and is a regular sweet 16 participant, along with final four and championship appearances. A coach that makes a tournament once in 6 years? not quite so crazy.
Mad Props to joeybaloney For This Totally Excellent Post:
m21eagle45 (04-03-2023)
Old 04-02-2023, 11:09 PM
General

UD has reached out per Twitter
Old 04-03-2023, 06:43 AM
Flyer Volleyball Superfan. Almost 8,000 Posts To Prove It.

Thanked 5,363 Times in 2,463 Posts
BeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by joeybaloney View Post
You'd have to be crazy to fire a coach who makes the tournament every year and is a regular sweet 16 participant, along with final four and championship appearances. A coach that makes a tournament once in 6 years? not quite so crazy.
My post was tongue-in-cheek but I see you didn’t address the topic…which was holding a Coach accountable for portal defections when it’s going to be a norm going forward. Some on here have used that “rational” as a reason to let a coach go. They have stated comments like it’s an indictment on his AG runs the program. I disagree. The portal is the new normal even at highly successful programs like Gonzaga.

And I agree that on-court results should always be high on the list of evaluations of a Coach. I’m just grateful for the administration of the university that didn’t panic in their evaluation considering the other factors during AG’s realm including personal tragedy, NIL and the new normal portal hoping.
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to BeckysTXA For This Totally Excellent Post:
Glen Clark (04-03-2023), Lifelong Flyer Fan (04-03-2023)
Old 04-03-2023, 07:31 AM
Major General

My post was tongue-in-cheek but I see you didn’t address the topic…which was holding a Coach accountable for portal defections when it’s going to be a norm going forward. Some on here have used that “rational” as a reason to let a coach go. They have stated comments like it’s an indictment on his AG runs the program. I disagree. The portal is the new normal even at highly successful programs like Gonzaga.

And I agree that on-court results should always be high on the list of evaluations of a Coach. I’m just grateful for the administration of the university that didn’t panic in their evaluation considering the other factors during AG’s realm including personal tragedy, NIL and the new normal portal hoping.
I haven't seen a person say that transfers are a reason AG should be let go. I have seen people complain about roster construction and missing on players, but that isn't the same as players transferring.
Old 04-03-2023, 07:45 AM
Brigadier General

This is a tough year near the top for the A10. VCU, George Mason, and UD account for 18 players in the transfer portal. Does anyone have the list of A10 players who have entered it.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 04-03-2023, 08:17 AM

Thanked 1,303 Times in 675 Posts
TXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond repute

Maybe a better example would have made a difference. One player leaving without a coaching change vs 5 leaving without a coaching change.
Old 04-03-2023, 08:45 AM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 8,558 Times in 3,703 Posts
ClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by OSU Flyer View Post

@TheAthleticCBB
Posted via Mobile Device
So we finally found something The A-10 is good at, woo hoo!
3 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to ClaytonFlyerFan For This Totally Excellent Post:
CT Flyer (04-03-2023), Flyer 86 (04-03-2023), NJFlyr71 (04-03-2023)
Old 04-03-2023, 08:50 AM
Brigadier General

UD has 6 without a coaching change. Baker, Washington, Blakney, Amzil, Richard, and Mike are in the portal. It’s an odd year. There’s a range of reasons. Baker and Washington had disciplinary issues. How many times was Washington suspended? I seem to recall that Baker was somehow involved. Richard didn’t see the court. Mike is a bit like Kostas. He doesn’t want to be a student. His starting status for next year was uncertain. His Dad was a real pain (I do believe this was known but somewhat ignored by local media; it was certainly known). Amzil and Blakney are the transfers that seem like “black eye” types of decisions. They were experienced players who had some real highs at UD. They had some great games. These are the type of transfers that really hurt. Key guys who possibly feel underused or under valued. Neither Amzil nor Blakney was a favorite of mine, but they were critical to the rotation. They will be missed. Of course, there’s still a chance that Deuce and Camara leave. I’m fine if Camara does. He may reasonably feel like he has aged out. He’s graduated. He may be able to make bank in Europe. It would make sense if he left. I’m fine with Deuce taking a risk as a 2nd round draft pick, but I hope he doesn’t transfer. AG’s best work is with the bigs. I would love to see Holmes work with him for 1 more year. So, we could lose 8. There’s a lot for AG to learn, but it’s not all 1 lesson. I almost feel better with these 8 than AM’s 4 at RI. The sky isn’t falling. But, the clouds are a bit lower in the sky.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 04-03-2023, 08:54 AM
Brigadier General

Originally Posted by ClaytonFlyerFan View Post
So we finally found something The A-10 is good at, woo hoo!
If you calculate transfers per school, it doesn’t look quite as bad. Or is that quite as good?
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 04-03-2023, 09:00 AM
General of the Air Force

ClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond repute
If you calculate transfers per school, it doesn’t look quite as bad. Or is that quite as good?
Posted via Mobile Device
**** it, don't tell me another participation trophy is on the horizon. Was hoping for the victory.
Old 04-03-2023, 09:05 AM
Brigadier General

Nah, we still get the trophy. When they talk about total wins for a pitcher, they don’t talk about total games started. The trophy will sit high at the Commissioner’s office.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 04-03-2023, 09:08 AM

@TheAthleticCBB
Posted via Mobile Device
Since many transfers are related to coaching changes, can you update the portal data above to include the number of coaches from each Conference who moved up/out.
Old 04-03-2023, 01:20 PM
General

Since many transfers are related to coaching changes, can you update the portal data above to include the number of coaches from each Conference who moved up/out.
VCU and Mason had the coaching changes. There's a few good players moving on but it seems like its mostly dead weight getting cleared out in the A10.

https://www.daytondailynews.com/spor...MINAWVFEZQ2KE/
Old 04-03-2023, 01:43 PM
Colonel

Thanked 1,001 Times in 493 Posts
Flyers98 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyers98 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyers98 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyers98 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyers98 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyers98 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyers98 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyers98 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyers98 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyers98 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyers98 has a reputation beyond repute
He is leaving? Their coach must be terrible.
Old 04-03-2023, 01:48 PM
Colonel

Flyers98 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyers98 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyers98 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyers98 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyers98 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyers98 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyers98 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyers98 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyers98 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyers98 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyers98 has a reputation beyond repute
Horrible coach there too.
Old 04-03-2023, 01:50 PM
Colonel

Originally Posted by joeybaloney View Post
Agree, but those are two separate issues. I think people are specifically, and correctly responding to the "mass exodus" line of argument by pointing out that kids, good kids, leaving is now just a part of college basketball. Or maybe Mark Few has just fooled everyone for 20 years.
Old 04-03-2023, 01:52 PM
Brigadier General

Marysville Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMarysville Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMarysville Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMarysville Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMarysville Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMarysville Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMarysville Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMarysville Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMarysville Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMarysville Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMarysville Flyer has a reputation beyond repute
VCU and Mason had the coaching changes. There's a few good players moving on but it seems like its mostly dead weight getting cleared out in the A10.

https://www.daytondailynews.com/spor...MINAWVFEZQ2KE/
It is statistically significant that the 2 most effected teams are the 2 teams with coaching changes. UD and RI aren't far behind GMU if at all depending on how you want to look at things.

RI is one year removed from a coaching chg which could be telling as well. Will be interesting to see this time next year how VCU specifically retains the players it gets from the portals this summer.

Sometimes what appears to be statistically significant may be addition by subtraction from the coaches perspective. That may be the case in RI's case.

Last edited by Marysville Flyer; 04-03-2023 at 02:03 PM..
Old 04-03-2023, 02:30 PM
Brigadier General

That may be UD’s case. Washington, Baker, and Richard may all have been dead weight. Granted, 2 were disciplinary problems, and 1 was a minutes earned problem (and an inability to earn more moving forward). Obviously, losing RJ, Amzil, and Mike hurts. People can argue about how good these guys are, but we would be better with them than without them.
Posted via Mobile Device
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to Hyde Park Flyer For This Totally Excellent Post:
FlyingArrow (04-04-2023), San Diego Flyer (04-03-2023)
Old 04-03-2023, 02:47 PM
Brigadier General

That may be UD’s case. Washington, Baker, and Richard may all have been dead weight. Granted, 2 were disciplinary problems, and 1 was a minutes earned problem (and an inability to earn more moving forward). Obviously, losing RJ, Amzil, and Mike hurts. People can argue about how good these guys are, but we would be better with them than without them.
Posted via Mobile Device
I think the most telling thing is that we could have 3 guys leave to play pro ball which shouldn't count as portal 'defections'. As a program, that's what we should hope to become more the norm.

Depending on where they all land, if they all are playing pro at a high level somewhere next year, it sure would strongly indicate that the talent on last year's team was greater than the actual results.

Last edited by Marysville Flyer; 04-03-2023 at 03:09 PM..
Old 04-03-2023, 03:56 PM
Major General

NJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond repute
Posted via Mobile Device
It's a situation of 'knowing the players' plus and minus we had verses not knowing the plus and minus of players we replace them with. And looking only at the stats of incoming players does not tell the full story of how they will be.
Old 04-03-2023, 04:21 PM
Captain

LIBob has a reputation beyond reputeLIBob has a reputation beyond reputeLIBob has a reputation beyond reputeLIBob has a reputation beyond reputeLIBob has a reputation beyond reputeLIBob has a reputation beyond reputeLIBob has a reputation beyond reputeLIBob has a reputation beyond reputeLIBob has a reputation beyond reputeLIBob has a reputation beyond reputeLIBob has a reputation beyond repute
Mike is not officially in the portal. He has kept the option of going in open in case the NBA Draft does not work out.
Old 04-03-2023, 04:40 PM
Brigadier General

Thanked 1,489 Times in 764 Posts
N2663R has a reputation beyond reputeN2663R has a reputation beyond reputeN2663R has a reputation beyond reputeN2663R has a reputation beyond reputeN2663R has a reputation beyond reputeN2663R has a reputation beyond reputeN2663R has a reputation beyond reputeN2663R has a reputation beyond reputeN2663R has a reputation beyond reputeN2663R has a reputation beyond reputeN2663R has a reputation beyond repute
I wonder how many players enter the portal after the draft and how successful they are in landing somewhere they want to be versus settling on what's available?
Old 04-03-2023, 05:27 PM
Brigadier General

Originally Posted by NJFlyr71 View Post
It's a situation of 'knowing the players' plus and minus we had verses not knowing the plus and minus of players we replace them with. And looking only at the stats of incoming players does not tell the full story of how they will be.
That’s a good explanation of the risks. Do you want the bad you know or don’t know. It will be great if Big Serb can shoot 40% from 3. What’s the other side of that? Does he play less than Amzilian defense? With anyone transferring in, you have to ask those questions.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 04-03-2023, 05:29 PM
General

Flyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond repute
Add Max abmas to the List!

22ppg, 4 boards, 4 assists, 91% FT shooter

Oral Roberts

Last edited by Flyer 86; 04-03-2023 at 08:24 PM..
Mad Props to Flyer 86 For This Totally Excellent Post:
FLYER5 (04-03-2023)
Old 04-03-2023, 05:51 PM
Major

Bucketnight has a reputation beyond reputeBucketnight has a reputation beyond reputeBucketnight has a reputation beyond reputeBucketnight has a reputation beyond reputeBucketnight has a reputation beyond reputeBucketnight has a reputation beyond reputeBucketnight has a reputation beyond reputeBucketnight has a reputation beyond reputeBucketnight has a reputation beyond reputeBucketnight has a reputation beyond reputeBucketnight has a reputation beyond repute
Are players limited in the number of times they can (pseudo) declare for the draft, get the feedback, and return? I wasn't sure if it entailed going to a combine of some type or if they just received a scouting report.
Old 04-03-2023, 07:56 PM

Thanked 10,134 Times in 5,868 Posts
jack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond repute
LJ Cryer from Baylor. Excellent scorer and shooter, but probably little chance for us.
Posted via Mobile Device
Mad Props to jack72 For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer 86 (04-03-2023)
Old 04-03-2023, 08:01 PM
Staff Writer

Thanked 6,915 Times in 2,927 Posts
Swampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond repute
Mo Njie's little brother Kebba is portalling. Centerville kid;

Verbal Commits
@VerbalCommits

Penn State F Kebba Njie has entered the transfer portal. http://verbalcommits.com/players/kebba-njie
Mad Props to Swampy Meadows For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer 86 (04-03-2023)
Old 04-03-2023, 08:43 PM
General

Originally Posted by Bucketnight View Post
Are players limited in the number of times they can (pseudo) declare for the draft, get the feedback, and return? I wasn't sure if it entailed going to a combine of some type or if they just received a scouting report.
I believe you can declare and go through the draft process twice
Posted via Mobile Device
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to OSU Flyer For This Totally Excellent Post:
Bucketnight (04-03-2023), Flyer 86 (04-04-2023)
Old 04-03-2023, 11:06 PM
Brigadier General

Thanked 1,764 Times in 929 Posts
hawkoooo has a reputation beyond reputehawkoooo has a reputation beyond reputehawkoooo has a reputation beyond reputehawkoooo has a reputation beyond reputehawkoooo has a reputation beyond reputehawkoooo has a reputation beyond reputehawkoooo has a reputation beyond reputehawkoooo has a reputation beyond reputehawkoooo has a reputation beyond reputehawkoooo has a reputation beyond reputehawkoooo has a reputation beyond repute
What? How does this post have so many likes. All schools have transfers.
Mad Props to hawkoooo For This Totally Excellent Post:
m21eagle45 (04-04-2023)
Old 04-04-2023, 11:22 AM
Lieutenant General

Thanked 2,317 Times in 1,329 Posts
CT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond repute
Simas Lukosius from Butler would be a great get and would fit our recent international flavor being from Lithuania. He's probably looking at a P5 I'm sure.
Old 04-04-2023, 11:36 AM
Lieutenant General

maddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by LIBob View Post
Mike is not officially in the portal. He has kept the option of going in open in case the NBA Draft does not work out.
In case??? He has ZERO chance of being drafted.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 04-04-2023, 11:47 AM
Colonel

Originally Posted by maddog07 View Post
In case??? He has ZERO chance of being drafted.
Posted via Mobile Device
I remember thinking the same thing about another guy who played at UD for a season. Not only was he drafted, he has a ring, (not that he materially contributed to earning the ring or anything). Who knows what NBA executives see when they look at a prospect. We have certainly seen some odd stuff. Heck we are only three years removed from a GM using the #8 pick on a guy who plays the same position as the best player on his team, thus arguably wasting the pick and certainly wasting talents of of the player picked.
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to Flyers98 For This Totally Excellent Post:
FlyingArrow (04-04-2023), San Diego Flyer (04-04-2023)
Old 04-04-2023, 12:00 PM
General

Simas Lukosius from Butler would be a great get and would fit our recent international flavor being from Lithuania. He's probably looking at a P5 I'm sure.

I'm thinking we need a 6 5" to 6 foot 7" inch guy with some beef, to compliment our two big bucket getters.

We also could use a guard who's 6 2" to 6 5" who has skills, mainly outside shooting and/or good passing

This guy fits the first category. 6. 6" 225
11.5 ppg, 80% FT, 37 % from three!
Mad Props to Flyer 86 For This Totally Excellent Post:
CT Flyer (04-04-2023)
Old 04-04-2023, 12:04 PM
Brigadier General

Thanked 1,764 Times in 929 Posts
hawkoooo has a reputation beyond reputehawkoooo has a reputation beyond reputehawkoooo has a reputation beyond reputehawkoooo has a reputation beyond reputehawkoooo has a reputation beyond reputehawkoooo has a reputation beyond reputehawkoooo has a reputation beyond reputehawkoooo has a reputation beyond reputehawkoooo has a reputation beyond reputehawkoooo has a reputation beyond reputehawkoooo has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Flyers98 View Post
I remember thinking the same thing about another guy who played at UD for a season. Not only was he drafted, he has a ring, (not that he materially contributed to earning the ring or anything). Who knows what NBA executives see when they look at a prospect. We have certainly seen some odd stuff. Heck we are only three years removed from a GM using the #8 pick on a guy who plays the same position as the best player on his team, thus arguably wasting the pick and certainly wasting talents of of the player picked.
You know why that individual was drafted (two brothers in NBA, one a future HOF) and you left it out of your post. Mike has no brothers in the NBA and will not be drafted.
Old 04-04-2023, 12:11 PM
Major General

Thanked 1,735 Times in 1,009 Posts
steve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by hawkoooo View Post
You know why that individual was drafted (two brothers in NBA, one a future HOF) and you left it out of your post. Mike has no brothers in the NBA and will not be drafted.
Yep. A team was just hoping that even a strand of Giannis' basketball-playing DNA had made it's way to Kostas.
Old 04-04-2023, 12:14 PM
Major General

Based on what the long term outcomes of the current guards are and whether they can ever get back to what they once were in playing condition :

We need one more guard that can ball!

After watching some of the guard play in the NCAAt especially the Sweet 16 and later ... I was sick on how our players have played these last TWO years compared to what I saw on the court from guard play the last 2 weeks elsewhere.

Guards hitting 5-15 ft jumpers, etc .....

Sad but true. We need ballin' guard play.

AND another thing I didn't see UCONN stop playing at any time even up by double digits> attack! attack! attack! ....

OK now back to the off-season
Mad Props to NJFlyr71 For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer 86 (04-04-2023)
Old 04-04-2023, 12:52 PM

San Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond repute
highly unlikely for sure, but

Originally Posted by hawkoooo View Post
I won a draft day lottery by picking long shot Kostas at #60. I go with your thoughts on Mike but you are talking about "probabilities", and anything is possible in the crazy NBA.
Old 04-04-2023, 01:12 PM
General

Big NIL opportunities at Weber State are going to be tough to beat
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 04-04-2023, 02:22 PM
Major

superfan99 has a reputation beyond reputesuperfan99 has a reputation beyond reputesuperfan99 has a reputation beyond reputesuperfan99 has a reputation beyond reputesuperfan99 has a reputation beyond reputesuperfan99 has a reputation beyond reputesuperfan99 has a reputation beyond reputesuperfan99 has a reputation beyond reputesuperfan99 has a reputation beyond reputesuperfan99 has a reputation beyond reputesuperfan99 has a reputation beyond repute
Big NIL opportunities at Weber State are going to be tough to beat
Posted via Mobile Device
Can you explain what you mean by this?
Old 04-04-2023, 02:29 PM
General

Originally Posted by superfan99 View Post
Weber grills
Posted via Mobile Device
Mad Props to OSU Flyer For This Totally Excellent Post:
mikeymo85 (04-04-2023)
Old 04-04-2023, 02:30 PM
General of the Air Force

He thought by being a ham it would tickle your ribs, but I say we just stick a steak in his sense of humor
Mad Props to ClaytonFlyerFan For This Totally Excellent Post:
FlyingArrow (04-04-2023)
Old 04-04-2023, 02:43 PM
Major

superfan99 has a reputation beyond reputesuperfan99 has a reputation beyond reputesuperfan99 has a reputation beyond reputesuperfan99 has a reputation beyond reputesuperfan99 has a reputation beyond reputesuperfan99 has a reputation beyond reputesuperfan99 has a reputation beyond reputesuperfan99 has a reputation beyond reputesuperfan99 has a reputation beyond reputesuperfan99 has a reputation beyond reputesuperfan99 has a reputation beyond repute
He thought by being a ham it would tickle your ribs, but I say we just stick a steak in his sense of humor
Nope. I am just an idiot. Joke went so far over my head I didn't even realize he was making a joke. Doh!

I wasn't paying attention to the player's name, I couldn't tell if we lost out on a recruit to Weber State and he was mad about it, or if Weber State actually had huge NIL dollars and I was unaware.

Lets all pretend this never happened. Lol.
Mad Props to superfan99 For This Totally Excellent Post:
San Diego Flyer (04-04-2023)
Old 04-04-2023, 03:11 PM

Nope. I am just an idiot. Joke went so far over my head I didn't even realize he was making a joke. Doh!

I wasn't paying attention to the player's name, I couldn't tell if we lost out on a recruit to Weber State and he was mad about it, or if Weber State actually had huge NIL dollars and I was unaware.

Lets all pretend this never happened. Lol.
Old 04-04-2023, 04:30 PM
Staff Writer

Thanked 6,915 Times in 2,927 Posts
Swampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond repute
Big man Efton Reid is in the portal:

https://twitter.com/VerbalCommits/st...25823330447366
Old 04-04-2023, 07:47 PM
Lieutenant General

Originally Posted by Swampy Meadows View Post

He’s almost as good as Sisoko. He’d help continue our commitment to mediocrity at best.
Posted via Mobile Device
Mad Props to maddog07 For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer 86 (04-05-2023)
Old 04-04-2023, 08:09 PM
General of the Air Force

T-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond repute
What’s the matter, Colonel Sandurz?! CHICKEN?!?!
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 04-04-2023, 08:16 PM
General of the Air Force

Originally Posted by Swampy Meadows View Post

Sounds like he has “respect for authority” issues. Already transferred once, from LSU to Gonzaga, after Wade the Pimp was canned by the Tigers. If he wants to play for a coach with the morals and ethics of Wade, then I don’t want him here.
Posted via Mobile Device
Mad Props to T-Bone 84 For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer 86 (04-05-2023)
Old 04-04-2023, 10:15 PM
General

-this is the longest list I've ever seen

@ThePortalReport
Nova Southeastern (D2) transfer Jonathan Pierre has heard from the following schools (80) in the transfer portal:

Duke
LSU
Missouri
Oklahoma
Memphis
Miami
Arkansas
Arizona
Georgia
Vanderbilt
Notre Dame
Marquette
Georgia Tech
Wake Forest
TCU
Loyola Chicago
Florida
Tulane
Temple
South Florida
SMU
Tulsa
Dayton
VCU
St Bonaventure
Richmond
Utah Tech
Toledo
Boston
Charleston
UAB
North Texas
Elon
Drake
Northeastern
Marshall
UMBC
Arkansas State
Milwaukee
Murray State
Troy
San Francisco
UC San Diego
Cal State Fullerton
Tennessee State
Portland State
Northern Kentucky
Chattanooga
UMass
Montana State
Winthrop
Campbell
Iowa
UCSB
UC Irvine
Hofstra
North Texas
Robert Morris
Cleveland State
Penn
Yale
Iona
Marist
Toledo
Ohio
Kent State
Drake
UIC
New Mexico
South Carolina
UNLV
FDU
Sacred Heart
Tennessee Tech
Samford
Northwestern State
Saint Louis
North Dakota State
South Alabama
St Mary's

And more....
Old 04-04-2023, 10:38 PM
Lieutenant General

Hope we can best out Campbell, Elon and Duke.
Posted via Mobile Device
Mad Props to maddog07 For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer 86 (04-04-2023)
Old 04-05-2023, 06:10 AM
Major General

Thanked 1,735 Times in 1,009 Posts
steve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond repute
-this is the longest list I've ever seen

@ThePortalReport
Nova Southeastern (D2) transfer Jonathan Pierre has heard from the following schools (80) in the transfer portal:

Duke
LSU
Missouri
Oklahoma
Memphis
Miami
Arkansas
Arizona
Georgia
Vanderbilt
Notre Dame
Marquette
Georgia Tech
Wake Forest
TCU
Loyola Chicago
Florida
Tulane
Temple
South Florida
SMU
Tulsa
Dayton
VCU
St Bonaventure
Richmond
Utah Tech
Toledo
Boston
Charleston
UAB
North Texas
Elon
Drake
Northeastern
Marshall
UMBC
Arkansas State
Milwaukee
Murray State
Troy
San Francisco
UC San Diego
Cal State Fullerton
Tennessee State
Portland State
Northern Kentucky
Chattanooga
UMass
Montana State
Winthrop
Campbell
Iowa
UCSB
UC Irvine
Hofstra
North Texas
Robert Morris
Cleveland State
Penn
Yale
Iona
Marist
Toledo
Ohio
Kent State
Drake
UIC
New Mexico
South Carolina
UNLV
FDU
Sacred Heart
Tennessee Tech
Samford
Northwestern State
Saint Louis
North Dakota State
South Alabama
St Mary's

And more....

Stay tuned because I heard by next week he narrows it down to 52.
3 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to steve For This Totally Excellent Post:
Bucketnight (04-05-2023), Flyer 86 (04-05-2023), superfan99 (04-05-2023)
Old 04-05-2023, 11:19 AM
Colonel

Thanked 1,608 Times in 694 Posts
Monster Man has a reputation beyond reputeMonster Man has a reputation beyond reputeMonster Man has a reputation beyond reputeMonster Man has a reputation beyond reputeMonster Man has a reputation beyond reputeMonster Man has a reputation beyond reputeMonster Man has a reputation beyond reputeMonster Man has a reputation beyond reputeMonster Man has a reputation beyond reputeMonster Man has a reputation beyond reputeMonster Man has a reputation beyond repute
6’10 Penn State Center, Kebba Njie has entered the portal. Kebba is from Centerville and I’m pretty sure he received an offer from Dayton.
Posted via Mobile Device
3 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to Monster Man For This Totally Excellent Post:
cj (04-05-2023), ClaytonFlyerFan (04-05-2023), mikeymo85 (04-05-2023)
Old 04-05-2023, 12:14 PM

Don't get too excited...

Njie = Sissoko.
Old 04-05-2023, 02:46 PM
Colonel

Ready Action has a brilliant futureReady Action has a brilliant futureReady Action has a brilliant futureReady Action has a brilliant futureReady Action has a brilliant futureReady Action has a brilliant futureReady Action has a brilliant futureReady Action has a brilliant futureReady Action has a brilliant futureReady Action has a brilliant futureReady Action has a brilliant future
Coach: "You don't have to transfer!" "You're only a sophomore! There's still time!"

Player: "Rico's time is nowww!"
3 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to Ready Action For This Totally Excellent Post:
hawkoooo (04-05-2023), OSU Flyer (04-05-2023), The Gem (04-05-2023)
Old 04-05-2023, 04:54 PM
Lieutenant General

Originally Posted by Monster Man View Post
6’10 Penn State Center, Kebba Njie has entered the portal. Kebba is from Centerville and I’m pretty sure he received an offer from Dayton.
Posted via Mobile Device
3pts a game, 14 minutes a game, 59% from the line, a foul every 6.9minutes….. what not to like?? …..he would maintain our commitment to mediocrity.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 04-05-2023, 06:09 PM
Major

flyer016 has a brilliant futureflyer016 has a brilliant futureflyer016 has a brilliant futureflyer016 has a brilliant futureflyer016 has a brilliant futureflyer016 has a brilliant futureflyer016 has a brilliant futureflyer016 has a brilliant futureflyer016 has a brilliant futureflyer016 has a brilliant futureflyer016 has a brilliant future
3pts a game, 14 minutes a game, 59% from the line, a foul every 6.9minutes….. what not to like?? …..he would maintain our commitment to mediocrity.
Posted via Mobile Device
Your relentless criticism might be interesting if it wasn't so bad and uninformed.

Look up Jordan Sibert and Vee Sanford's numbers before transferring to UD.

I'd be interested in at least kicking the tires on Njie. If Holmes departs, there's certainly a role for him at 6'10" and 237 pounds.

I don't recall there being much, if any, contact with Kebba during his recruitment though. He transferred to La Lumiere as well. So, lighter connections to the Dayton area. But he was the 118th ranked player in his class, and I have some faith in Shrewsberry's recruiting.

Last edited by flyer016; 04-05-2023 at 06:14 PM..
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to flyer016 For This Totally Excellent Post:
Glen Clark (04-05-2023), Monster Man (04-05-2023)
Old 04-05-2023, 06:41 PM
Colonel

Thanked 1,608 Times in 694 Posts
Monster Man has a reputation beyond reputeMonster Man has a reputation beyond reputeMonster Man has a reputation beyond reputeMonster Man has a reputation beyond reputeMonster Man has a reputation beyond reputeMonster Man has a reputation beyond reputeMonster Man has a reputation beyond reputeMonster Man has a reputation beyond reputeMonster Man has a reputation beyond reputeMonster Man has a reputation beyond reputeMonster Man has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by flyer016 View Post
Your relentless criticism might be interesting if it wasn't so bad and uninformed.

Look up Jordan Sibert and Vee Sanford's numbers before transferring to UD.

I'd be interested in at least kicking the tires on Njie. If Holmes departs, there's certainly a role for him at 6'10" and 237 pounds.

I don't recall there being much, if any, contact with Kebba during his recruitment though. He transferred to La Lumiere as well. So, lighter connections to the Dayton area. But he was the 118th ranked player in his class, and I have some faith in Shrewsberry's recruiting.
Kebba has gotten really big physically and has a much higher upside than his older brother Mo. To rip a kid after starting a lot of games in his freshman year at a Big 10 school is typical uninformed maddog BS. He played a role for Penn State and wasn’t a big part of their offense. Jalen Pickett, Seth Lundy, and Andrew Funk were the featured offensive players. Also, he’s very young due to moving up a class in middle school. This past season would have been his senior year in high school.
Posted via Mobile Device
4 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to Monster Man For This Totally Excellent Post:
ClaytonFlyerFan (04-05-2023), Glen Clark (04-05-2023), Lifelong Flyer Fan (04-05-2023), TA111 (04-05-2023)
Old 04-05-2023, 08:03 PM
Brigadier General

Thanked 2,761 Times in 1,129 Posts
springborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond repute
Posted via Mobile Device
Two can play this game: Top 100-125 recruit out of HS, started 26 games in Big Ten as a Freshman, only PSU freshman to appear in every game, his stats began to improve as the year progressed…

It really is silly to look at a single season as a Freshman in Big Ten (starting MOST games) and speculate he won’t be any good. I’ve never seen him play—I’m guessing you haven’t either—so he may not be any good. But to suggest that his stat line is enough to proclaim his mediocrity is, frankly, kind of stupid.
Mad Props to springborofan For This Totally Excellent Post:
Monster Man (04-05-2023)