User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement

Old 05-16-2023, 09:50 AM
Colonel

Thanked 1,325 Times in 444 Posts
Runnin' Rebel has a reputation beyond reputeRunnin' Rebel has a reputation beyond reputeRunnin' Rebel has a reputation beyond reputeRunnin' Rebel has a reputation beyond reputeRunnin' Rebel has a reputation beyond reputeRunnin' Rebel has a reputation beyond reputeRunnin' Rebel has a reputation beyond reputeRunnin' Rebel has a reputation beyond reputeRunnin' Rebel has a reputation beyond reputeRunnin' Rebel has a reputation beyond reputeRunnin' Rebel has a reputation beyond repute
Cincinnati and Dayton to play next season at Heritage Bank Center

https://twitter.com/JonRothstein/sta...65712866840577
20 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to Runnin' Rebel For This Totally Excellent Post:
ChampCar (05-16-2023), cj (05-16-2023), ClaytonFlyerFan (05-16-2023), Clear Prop (05-16-2023), CT Flyer (05-16-2023), Fan4allUDSports (05-16-2023), flyerfanatic86 (05-16-2023), Gazoo (05-16-2023), hawkoooo (05-16-2023), longtimefan (05-16-2023), longtimefan67 (05-17-2023), Marysville Flyer (05-16-2023), mikeymo85 (05-16-2023), MrFlyerFanatic (05-16-2023), OSU Flyer (05-16-2023), rollo (05-16-2023), San Diego Flyer (05-16-2023), steverino015 (05-16-2023), ud2 (05-16-2023), UDEE79 (05-17-2023)
Advertisement
Old 05-16-2023, 01:10 PM
Committed to this Web Site and Your Enjoyment!

Thanked 6,126 Times in 4,171 Posts
ud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond repute
I hope nobody gets hurt or something because of condensation on the floor due to the ice hockey rink underneath, or due to some other reason. That arena doesn't have a great reputation I don't think. Seems like it needs a lot of TLC. There is likely a reason why nccat games for the men haven't been there since 1992. The owner iinm wanted the city to pay for a tear down and then a rebuilding of a new place, but the city balked due to the high cost.

A lot of people are ripping on the place in the Google reviews: old, outdated, dirty, no hand rails for the upper deck, needs updating, small concourse, complaints about the bathrooms and sound system, etc.

I saw Trump speak there back in 2016 or 2017, I think that was the last time I was there, paint was peeling off some of the walls back then.

https://www.google.com/search?q=heri...front+coliseum

The Conference USA men's basketball conference tournament was held there in 2002 and 2004.

The men's basketball ncaat was supposed to be there in 2022, but the ncaa moved the games to Indy because the arena wasn't updated, the ncaa awarded the 2022 games to the arena contingent upon the arena being updated, but the updates never happened, so they moved the games.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heritage_Bank_Center

Last edited by ud2; 05-16-2023 at 01:26 PM..
Old 05-16-2023, 01:49 PM
General

Thanked 3,904 Times in 2,143 Posts
OSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by ud2 View Post
I hope nobody gets hurt or something because of condensation on the floor due to the ice hockey rink underneath, or due to some other reason. That arena doesn't have a great reputation I don't think. Seems like it needs a lot of TLC. There is likely a reason why nccat games for the men haven't been there since 1992. The owner iinm wanted the city to pay for a tear down and then a rebuilding of a new place, but the city balked due to the high cost.

A lot of people are ripping on the place in the Google reviews: old, outdated, dirty, no hand rails for the upper deck, needs updating, small concourse, complaints about the bathrooms and sound system, etc.

I saw Trump speak there back in 2016 or 2017, I think that was the last time I was there, paint was peeling off some of the walls back then.

https://www.google.com/search?q=heri...front+coliseum

The Conference USA men's basketball conference tournament was held there in 2002 and 2004.

The men's basketball ncaat was supposed to be there in 2022, but the ncaa moved the games to Indy because the arena wasn't updated, the ncaa awarded the 2022 games to the arena contingent upon the arena being updated, but the updates never happened, so they moved the games.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heritage_Bank_Center
I think at one point they were trying to replace it or renovate it.

The current state of that place cost first found NCAA tournaments and I think the big national concerts are bypassing Cincy for Columbus or Louisville
Old 05-16-2023, 01:55 PM
Colonel

Flyerferd has much to be proud ofFlyerferd has much to be proud ofFlyerferd has much to be proud ofFlyerferd has much to be proud ofFlyerferd has much to be proud ofFlyerferd has much to be proud ofFlyerferd has much to be proud ofFlyerferd has much to be proud ofFlyerferd has much to be proud of
This feels like a third Saturday of December kind of game to me. That was about the time we played in Chicago last year. An interesting wrinkle is that Fox or their sub networks could carry this game because it’s a big 12 school involved.
Posted via Mobile Device
Mad Props to Flyerferd For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer 86 (05-18-2023)
Old 05-16-2023, 03:00 PM
Brigadier General

Thanked 1,414 Times in 671 Posts
flyerfanatic86 has a reputation beyond reputeflyerfanatic86 has a reputation beyond reputeflyerfanatic86 has a reputation beyond reputeflyerfanatic86 has a reputation beyond reputeflyerfanatic86 has a reputation beyond reputeflyerfanatic86 has a reputation beyond reputeflyerfanatic86 has a reputation beyond reputeflyerfanatic86 has a reputation beyond reputeflyerfanatic86 has a reputation beyond reputeflyerfanatic86 has a reputation beyond reputeflyerfanatic86 has a reputation beyond repute
I remember a bird flying into the scoreboard and landing on a cheerleader during the A10 tournament there, or at least that was the rumor as to why part of the scoreboard stopped working.
Old 05-16-2023, 03:38 PM
Colonel

The Gem has a brilliant futureThe Gem has a brilliant futureThe Gem has a brilliant futureThe Gem has a brilliant futureThe Gem has a brilliant futureThe Gem has a brilliant futureThe Gem has a brilliant futureThe Gem has a brilliant futureThe Gem has a brilliant futureThe Gem has a brilliant futureThe Gem has a brilliant future
I saw Roger Waters there last summer. It seemed OK to me. Mostly I glad UC isn't afraid to play us. I would love to get more of the rivals from old days back on the schedule.
Old 05-16-2023, 04:18 PM
General

Thanked 2,811 Times in 1,546 Posts
TommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by The Gem View Post
I saw Roger Waters there last summer. It seemed OK to me. Mostly I glad UC isn't afraid to play us. I would love to get more of the rivals from old days back on the schedule.
This harkens me back to the days of playing on that "neutral court" at Cincinnati Gardens. The Flyers got homered there year after year. I am happy to play the Bearcats, but expect some home-cooking.
Old 05-16-2023, 04:22 PM

ud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by The Gem View Post
I personally have never had a problem with the place, I am not picky, the concessions were fine, the bathrooms were fine, the parking is fine, the concourse is a little small, the scoreboard might be a little dated, it was clean, I don't need any handrails, there is a nice bar/restaurant upstairs at the very top level which overlooks the arena. But, I have learned in life that many people like to b*tch about stuff.

And I highly recommend parking across the river in Kentucky at Newport On The Levee or elsewhere and walking across the bridge to the arena. The parking in KY is cheaper, and you will not get stuck in a traffic jam trying to enter and leave where ever you park. I hate traffic jams.

Last edited by ud2; 05-16-2023 at 04:24 PM..
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to ud2 For This Totally Excellent Post:
OSU Flyer (05-16-2023), UDEE79 (05-17-2023)
Old 05-16-2023, 04:30 PM
General

OSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond repute
I personally have never had a problem with the place, I am not picky, the concessions were fine, the bathrooms were fine, the parking is fine, the concourse is a little small, the scoreboard might be a little dated, it was clean, I don't need any handrails, there is a nice bar/restaurant upstairs at the very top level which overlooks the arena. But, I have learned in life that many people like to b*tch about stuff.

And I highly recommend parking across the river in Kentucky at Newport On The Levee or elsewhere and walking across the bridge to the arena. The parking in KY is cheaper, and you will not get stuck in a traffic jam trying to enter and leave where ever you park. I hate traffic jams.
Wouldn’t you just trade that for bridge traffic
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 05-16-2023, 04:34 PM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 8,558 Times in 3,703 Posts
ClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond repute

Great idea for Reds / Bengals / Concerts as we do this too for large crowd events. Few bars in Newport are good for pregaming. However if this is indeed a 3rd Saturday in December game like a few have speculated, you realize how cold of a walk that could be on a windy December day? I can already here my crew whining.
Old 05-16-2023, 04:35 PM

Originally Posted by OSU Flyer View Post
Posted via Mobile Device
Park in KY and walk across the bridge to and from the arena. There is much less traffic in KY, the bridges don't get backed up, and there is easy access to the highway.

I went to a Garth Brooks concert at the Bengals stadium a year or two ago, and downtown Cincinnati all around the Bengals and Reds stadiums and the part of downtown near the river was a total traffic jam, it was a nightmare, no cars were moving, just park in KY and walk, it is so much easier and much less stressful.
Old 05-16-2023, 05:03 PM
General

Are the Bearcats supposed to be any good next season
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 05-16-2023, 05:21 PM
General of the Air Force

ClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond repute
Are the Bearcats supposed to be any good next season
Posted via Mobile Device
Are the Flyers supposed to be any good next season
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to ClaytonFlyerFan For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer 86 (05-18-2023), The Gem (05-17-2023)
Old 05-16-2023, 06:19 PM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 4,996 Times in 2,669 Posts
T-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by TommyGola View Post
This harkens me back to the days of playing on that "neutral court" at Cincinnati Gardens. The Flyers got homered there year after year. I am happy to play the Bearcats, but expect some home-cooking.
Saw a few games at “Da Gahdens” about 30-35 years ago. I remember an Eggs game in particular when we had Chip Jones, and I saw a UD bud there who was from Cincy. He said, “This is the only arena I’ve ever been in that looks and smells like a bachelor party.” He was right. That place reeked of stale White Owl cigar smoke and Hudy residue.

On the subject of The Arena Formerly Known As Riverfront Coliseum, my greatest memory of that barn is when we beat UK there in 1999. The last time I saw that many depressed hillbillies was when I saw “The Grapes of Wrath” on TCM.
Posted via Mobile Device

Last edited by T-Bone 84; 05-16-2023 at 06:32 PM..
Mad Props to T-Bone 84 For This Totally Excellent Post:
UDEE79 (05-17-2023)
Old 05-16-2023, 08:33 PM
Captain

Flyer Dave is a name known to allFlyer Dave is a name known to allFlyer Dave is a name known to allFlyer Dave is a name known to allFlyer Dave is a name known to allFlyer Dave is a name known to all
Originally Posted by T-Bone 84 View Post
Saw a few games at “Da Gahdens” about 30-35 years ago. I remember an Eggs game in particular when we had Chip Jones, and I saw a UD bud there who was from Cincy. He said, “This is the only arena I’ve ever been in that looks and smells like a bachelor party.” He was right. That place reeked of stale White Owl cigar smoke and Hudy residue.

On the subject of The Arena Formerly Known As Riverfront Coliseum, my greatest memory of that barn is when we beat UK there in 1999. The last time I saw that many depressed hillbillies was when I saw “The Grapes of Wrath” on TCM.
Posted via Mobile Device
I was also at that game. The Flyer Fanatics were going crazy at the end of the game. UK fans faces walking out was a site to behold. Just hope the tickets are available for Dayton fans. The UK game, we got about 25% of the tickets and I believe we were the home team.
Old 05-16-2023, 09:18 PM
General

Thanked 5,436 Times in 2,374 Posts
Gazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond repute
But, I have learned in life that many people like to b*tch about stuff. . .The parking in KY is cheaper, and you will not get stuck in a traffic jam trying to enter and leave where ever you park. I hate traffic jams.

Mad Props to Gazoo For This Totally Excellent Post:
ud2 (05-17-2023)
Old 05-16-2023, 09:24 PM

Thanked 17,099 Times in 5,101 Posts
Chris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond repute
Well I wont be there. Last time I was at the Aviary I witnessed what might be the worst played basketball game of the last 30 years of Dayton basketball - a 68-34 drubbing to the Bearcats in 2010. It was only that close because Mick Cronin showed mercy on us. UD couldn't even get the ball across halfcourt. Moeller or Saint X would have given them a better game. By the 12:00 mark of the first half I was already asking my traveling party if they wanted to leave because what we were witnessing was an execution. About 95% of our FGAs were taken in the last 2 seconds of the shot clock -- when we were lucky enough to get shots up.

Hot shooting hides a multitude of sins.
Make everyone else's "one day" your "day one".
Old 05-16-2023, 10:00 PM
General of the Air Force

Originally Posted by Chris R View Post
Well I wont be there. Last time I was at the Aviary I witnessed what might be the worst played basketball game of the last 30 years of Dayton basketball - a 68-34 drubbing to the Bearcats in 2010. It was only that close because Mick Cronin showed mercy on us. UD couldn't even get the ball across halfcourt. Moeller or Saint X would have given them a better game. By the 12:00 mark of the first half I was already asking my traveling party if they wanted to leave because what we were witnessing was an execution. About 95% of our FGAs were taken in the last 2 seconds of the shot clock -- when we were lucky enough to get shots up.
My day was worst. My 9ish year old puked all over in the entrance to one of the ladies rooms (I know improvement to the arena) then proceeded to puke again down about 3 flights of steps outside the arena as many of us were making a quick early exit.
Mad Props to ClaytonFlyerFan For This Totally Excellent Post:
Chris R (05-17-2023)
Old 05-17-2023, 12:03 AM
General

Thanked 4,830 Times in 2,232 Posts
Viperstick has a reputation beyond reputeViperstick has a reputation beyond reputeViperstick has a reputation beyond reputeViperstick has a reputation beyond reputeViperstick has a reputation beyond reputeViperstick has a reputation beyond reputeViperstick has a reputation beyond reputeViperstick has a reputation beyond reputeViperstick has a reputation beyond reputeViperstick has a reputation beyond reputeViperstick has a reputation beyond repute
I dunno, I've got pretty good memories of watching the 2006-07 team take out Louisville 68-64 there.

Last game I watched with my dad.
7 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to Viperstick For This Totally Excellent Post:
ClaytonFlyerFan (05-17-2023), flyerfanatic86 (05-17-2023), Fudd (05-17-2023), Runnin' Rebel (05-17-2023), superfan99 (05-17-2023), The Gem (05-17-2023), UDEE79 (05-17-2023)
Old 05-17-2023, 12:11 AM

Thanked 17,099 Times in 5,101 Posts
Chris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Viperstick View Post
I dunno, I've got pretty good memories of watching the 2006-07 team take out Louisville 68-64 there.

I was at that one too. And the Kentucky game. But recency bias is strong. Same reason I wont ever go back to Millett Hall. Last game I saw there was a 101-77(?) drubbing that wasn't even that close. We were 3-0 and coming off the MCC Championship year. We thought things were just a continuation to start the following year. Then the Redskins shredded us with about 15 treys.

Hot shooting hides a multitude of sins.
Make everyone else's "one day" your "day one".
Mad Props to Chris R For This Totally Excellent Post:
CT Flyer (05-17-2023)
Old 05-17-2023, 06:33 AM
Commander in Chief

Thanked 10,572 Times in 5,079 Posts
Fudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond repute

I was there. That was a good one. I went with a Louisville fan and she was stunned and slack-jawed upon the final along with all the rest of the Louisville fans there.
Old 05-17-2023, 08:05 AM
Colonel

The Gem has a brilliant futureThe Gem has a brilliant futureThe Gem has a brilliant futureThe Gem has a brilliant futureThe Gem has a brilliant futureThe Gem has a brilliant futureThe Gem has a brilliant futureThe Gem has a brilliant futureThe Gem has a brilliant futureThe Gem has a brilliant futureThe Gem has a brilliant future

I was at that game too. My buddy and I went to The Boathouse after and the place swarming with Flyer fans. Our server found this confusing.

As for Newport parking, it is a good way to go. I usually park there for Reds games. There is a bus you can catch in front of Newport On The Levy that drops you off in between GABP and the Coliseum Formerly Known as Riverfront. It costs $1.
Old 05-17-2023, 08:41 AM

Thanked 2,415 Times in 1,074 Posts
UDEE79 has a reputation beyond reputeUDEE79 has a reputation beyond reputeUDEE79 has a reputation beyond reputeUDEE79 has a reputation beyond reputeUDEE79 has a reputation beyond reputeUDEE79 has a reputation beyond reputeUDEE79 has a reputation beyond reputeUDEE79 has a reputation beyond reputeUDEE79 has a reputation beyond reputeUDEE79 has a reputation beyond reputeUDEE79 has a reputation beyond repute
Posted via Mobile Device
The Bridge is pedestrian only, the "Purple People" bridge.
Old 05-17-2023, 08:41 AM
Lieutenant General

Thanked 2,316 Times in 1,328 Posts
CT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond repute
I was at that one too. And the Kentucky game. But recency bias is strong. Same reason I wont ever go back to Millett Hall. Last game I saw there was a 101-77(?) drubbing that wasn't even that close. We were 3-0 and coming off the MCC Championship year. We thought things were just a continuation to start the following year. Then the Redskins shredded us with about 15 treys.
I was at that Miami game as well...not fun. There was about 10 of us and when we walked in all in Flyer gear the student section boo'd us pretty heavily. We were cocky because we thought we were going to wax them...may have even sent a few fingers their way.

Sat in our seats and lo and behold who was sitting in the seat behind me? None other than Pete Gillen, back in the days when a coach could actually scout a game on site. Said he was scouting both teams because they also played Miami.

We tried to leave a few minutes early, as it was a true drubbing, to try to avoid the jeers on the way out. Unfortunately, the student section spotted us and gave us a very sarcastic standing ovation. Gillen was actually funny and said I don't blame you guys for leaving early and don't worry I won't let Coach O'Brien know. Ahhh the start of the OB days....

EDIT: Just looked it up and X played Miami two days later at The Gahdens and Miami beat them as well, 100-95. So, MU averaged 100.5 ppg against two MCC teams. They did lose to Evansville in their season opener though.

Last edited by CT Flyer; 05-17-2023 at 08:48 AM..
Old 05-17-2023, 08:53 AM

UDEE79 has a reputation beyond reputeUDEE79 has a reputation beyond reputeUDEE79 has a reputation beyond reputeUDEE79 has a reputation beyond reputeUDEE79 has a reputation beyond reputeUDEE79 has a reputation beyond reputeUDEE79 has a reputation beyond reputeUDEE79 has a reputation beyond reputeUDEE79 has a reputation beyond reputeUDEE79 has a reputation beyond reputeUDEE79 has a reputation beyond repute
This makes no sense, did the thrashing leave you with PTSD? All the guys on both 2010 team are gone so why not go again? I remember a stinker there where we barely scored 40 points and lost. The temp was high 50s down near the floor due to the ice under the floor. And my teeth were practically chattering by the end of the game.
Old 05-17-2023, 08:57 AM

Viper that was an awesome game. It was over winter break so UD asked for alumni to fill out the pep band. I went with my college roommate we rode down with Willie and the band in a motor coach. Great fun! We parked in KY and walked across the bridge and that was great also.
Mad Props to UDEE79 For This Totally Excellent Post:
Viperstick (05-17-2023)
Old 05-17-2023, 08:59 AM

Originally Posted by Fudd View Post
I was there. That was a good one. I went with a Louisville fan and she was stunned and slack-jawed upon the final along with all the rest of the Louisville fans there.
Was that the game where Tony Stanly went off?
Old 05-17-2023, 10:28 AM
Colonel

Thanked 1,206 Times in 542 Posts
UDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond repute
The 2010 UC game, wasn't that the NIT game Dayton won at UC?
Old 05-17-2023, 05:06 PM

Originally Posted by UDGutter2 View Post
The 2010 UC game, wasn't that the NIT game Dayton won at UC?
That game was in their campus stadium 5th/3rd Arena
Old 05-17-2023, 05:46 PM
General

I remember the 99 UK game, Louisville and the Cincy blowout. Has UD played there other than that
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 05-17-2023, 08:46 PM
General

Thanked 4,830 Times in 2,232 Posts
Viperstick has a reputation beyond reputeViperstick has a reputation beyond reputeViperstick has a reputation beyond reputeViperstick has a reputation beyond reputeViperstick has a reputation beyond reputeViperstick has a reputation beyond reputeViperstick has a reputation beyond reputeViperstick has a reputation beyond reputeViperstick has a reputation beyond reputeViperstick has a reputation beyond reputeViperstick has a reputation beyond repute
I was at that game too and had the same feelings of invincibility.
Old 05-17-2023, 09:09 PM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 4,996 Times in 2,669 Posts
T-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond repute
I remember the 99 UK game, Louisville and the Cincy blowout. Has UD played there other than that
Posted via Mobile Device
UC hosted us at then-Riverfront Coliseum 6 times in the late 1970s/early 1980s. As was customary back then, we lost every one of them.

Edit: A check of the Media Guide shows that we played the Mouseketeers there back in 1981 and won that contest.
Posted via Mobile Device

Last edited by T-Bone 84; 05-17-2023 at 09:27 PM..
Old 05-18-2023, 09:46 AM

Thanked 2,208 Times in 974 Posts
MrFlyerFanatic has a reputation beyond reputeMrFlyerFanatic has a reputation beyond reputeMrFlyerFanatic has a reputation beyond reputeMrFlyerFanatic has a reputation beyond reputeMrFlyerFanatic has a reputation beyond reputeMrFlyerFanatic has a reputation beyond reputeMrFlyerFanatic has a reputation beyond reputeMrFlyerFanatic has a reputation beyond reputeMrFlyerFanatic has a reputation beyond reputeMrFlyerFanatic has a reputation beyond reputeMrFlyerFanatic has a reputation beyond repute
Talking A10

Posted via Mobile Device
A10 tournament was held there in '05 and '06.
The GW vs St. Joe final in '05 had dozens of fans in attendance. I think they had one concession stand open in the entire building.
Old 05-18-2023, 10:07 AM
Colonel

Thanked 1,206 Times in 542 Posts
UDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond repute
Dayton played Tulsa there in preseason NIT game in the late 80s early 90s. Flyers lost that one, too.
Old 07-20-2023, 11:34 AM

Thanked 15,878 Times in 6,982 Posts
rollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond repute
Bought my tickets today. Should be quite the party!
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 07-20-2023, 01:15 PM
Colonel

Thanked 1,325 Times in 444 Posts
Runnin' Rebel has a reputation beyond reputeRunnin' Rebel has a reputation beyond reputeRunnin' Rebel has a reputation beyond reputeRunnin' Rebel has a reputation beyond reputeRunnin' Rebel has a reputation beyond reputeRunnin' Rebel has a reputation beyond reputeRunnin' Rebel has a reputation beyond reputeRunnin' Rebel has a reputation beyond reputeRunnin' Rebel has a reputation beyond reputeRunnin' Rebel has a reputation beyond reputeRunnin' Rebel has a reputation beyond repute
For the pre-sale, they split the arena in half for each team (just like they did for the Louisville game down there years ago).

Dayton sections are 132-140 & 101-108
Old 07-20-2023, 01:33 PM
Captain

Flyer Dave is a name known to allFlyer Dave is a name known to allFlyer Dave is a name known to allFlyer Dave is a name known to allFlyer Dave is a name known to allFlyer Dave is a name known to all
The article mentioned they were bringing the court and basketballs in. Glad someone remembered the basketballs! I am assuming that Cincinnati will be the home team since they have 4 more sections than Dayton. What’s up with that? What about being neutral?
Old 07-20-2023, 01:36 PM
Brigadier General

Thanked 1,749 Times in 791 Posts
Marysville Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMarysville Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMarysville Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMarysville Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMarysville Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMarysville Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMarysville Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMarysville Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMarysville Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMarysville Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMarysville Flyer has a reputation beyond repute
For the lower bowl the UD half is 75% sold already. UC side hardly touched.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 07-20-2023, 02:04 PM
General

are they selling tickets in the upper bowl?
Old 07-20-2023, 02:56 PM
Commander in Chief

Thanked 3,613 Times in 2,456 Posts
Mich Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMich Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMich Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMich Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMich Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMich Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMich Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMich Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMich Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMich Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMich Flyer has a reputation beyond repute
Will the game be on TV?
Old 07-20-2023, 03:41 PM

Thanked 6,618 Times in 3,024 Posts
longtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond repute
Got 4 tickets in Section 138, (on the angle, next to end zone) $44.50 each with an $11.80 service fee per ticket - not cheap! Tickets on the side were $89.50, and down toward the angle were $64.50. There were even a couple sections at $129.50. I hope they bring you a free filet mignon in those seats. Not selling upper sections yet. TV to be determined.
Mad Props to longtimefan For This Totally Excellent Post:
Mich Flyer (07-20-2023)
Old 07-20-2023, 06:42 PM
Brigadier General

Thanked 1,395 Times in 712 Posts
Beatty Town Coach has a reputation beyond reputeBeatty Town Coach has a reputation beyond reputeBeatty Town Coach has a reputation beyond reputeBeatty Town Coach has a reputation beyond reputeBeatty Town Coach has a reputation beyond reputeBeatty Town Coach has a reputation beyond reputeBeatty Town Coach has a reputation beyond reputeBeatty Town Coach has a reputation beyond reputeBeatty Town Coach has a reputation beyond reputeBeatty Town Coach has a reputation beyond reputeBeatty Town Coach has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Tulsa V. UD Earlier than that.

Originally Posted by UDGutter2 View Post
Dayton played Tulsa there in preseason NIT game in the late 80s early 90s. Flyers lost that one, too.
Flyers did play Tulsa in Pre-season NIT in Cincy. Game was in the fall of 1985. My dad picked me up from school, and we drove to Cincy for the game. Tulsa and Flyers played in first game of double-header; and then Miami OH played U of L. in the night cap.

Springfield Ohio native Karlton Clayborne played for Miami, alongside Dayton native Ron Harper, and it was a whale of a game. Harper nearly single-handedly beat what would end up being the National Champion Louisville Cardinals at years end. Not that many fans during the UD game, but once Miami and UofL got closer, the fans piled in.

I was fortunate to see the 1986 Louisville National Champs in both their first game of the year in Cincy, and then again, in the National Championship Game at Dallas' Reunion Arena. An incredible experience for a 15-year-old high school sophomore.

I applaud the administration for scheduling this mutual court and old rival neighbor regional game. I don't think it is worth $50 to $130 per seat, and the way they can command that is close off sales to the upper deck. I also appreciate the UD admins scheduling the Youngstown State game...it's a game against a fellow Ohio school, and I am happy to see the return of the two games against Duquesne...it is a fellow Catholic School who wants to have a rival in UD and it makes for a good regional location for Flyer fans to travel for the weekend. And, not to be forgotten, I really appreciate that UD has scheduled the Ohio State Exhibition Game. I want to see more of these regional and rivalry games scheduled in the future.

But, not impressed with the C lot D lot parking disaster. University should do more and should have done more leading up to this time, regarding development of season ticket hold er and game goer parking.

GO FLYERS...SEE EVERYONE AT OVERPRICED UC GAME.

Last edited by Beatty Town Coach; 07-20-2023 at 06:46 PM..
Old 07-20-2023, 06:51 PM
Brigadier General

Beatty Town Coach has a reputation beyond reputeBeatty Town Coach has a reputation beyond reputeBeatty Town Coach has a reputation beyond reputeBeatty Town Coach has a reputation beyond reputeBeatty Town Coach has a reputation beyond reputeBeatty Town Coach has a reputation beyond reputeBeatty Town Coach has a reputation beyond reputeBeatty Town Coach has a reputation beyond reputeBeatty Town Coach has a reputation beyond reputeBeatty Town Coach has a reputation beyond reputeBeatty Town Coach has a reputation beyond repute
Cool Illegitimate business practice

are they selling tickets in the upper bowl?
It should be considered an Illegitimate business practice not to have upper bowl currently available. Oh, I don't have more seats to sell, oh wait, here they are, I found them, what do you know, not only do I have a few more, but yes, I actually have another six-thousand seats. Gosh, where did those go, we just couldn't remember we had those. CRAZY!!
Old 07-21-2023, 10:48 AM
Lieutenant Colonel

CraSch has a reputation beyond reputeCraSch has a reputation beyond reputeCraSch has a reputation beyond reputeCraSch has a reputation beyond reputeCraSch has a reputation beyond reputeCraSch has a reputation beyond reputeCraSch has a reputation beyond reputeCraSch has a reputation beyond reputeCraSch has a reputation beyond reputeCraSch has a reputation beyond reputeCraSch has a reputation beyond repute
I just went straight to the Heritage Bank Arena site, and whoever said UC hadn't sold many yet was correct, all their sections had seats for sale while some of UD's are already no longer listed, I'm assuming from being sold out.

Just like the code for us is FLYERS, the code to "unlock" UC seats is BEARCATS. Later if we run out of seats and still have lots of Flyer fans that want to go, we can also tell everyone to use the BEARCATS in a section next to ours and simply take over that section.......
Mad Props to CraSch For This Totally Excellent Post:
Beatty Town Coach (07-21-2023)
Old 07-21-2023, 12:34 PM
Brigadier General

CraSch,

Right, exactly. A couple of things to note:

From my evaluation, it appears that UC Sections actually make up between 55% to 60% of the lower bowl. So, true to your point, if you are wanting the mid-court priced seats, please consider purchasing in the section right next to the UD section, and maybe on our side of that section as well (as in closest to the stairwell between sections.

Also, I checked the Bengals schedule, and their game that weekend is at home in Cincy against Minnesota, but the date and the time are still TBD?? Thus, keep on eye on that game time and date as we get closer to that December weekend. That is the time of the year when the NFL starts scheduling some Saturday Games, after the college regular season has winded down.
Old 07-21-2023, 01:33 PM
Brigadier General

Thanked 1,749 Times in 791 Posts
Marysville Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMarysville Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMarysville Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMarysville Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMarysville Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMarysville Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMarysville Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMarysville Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMarysville Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMarysville Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMarysville Flyer has a reputation beyond repute
I thought the lower bowl was 50/50. I think the 2 middle sections were split evenly to keep it even. Once the 26th gets here all lower seats will be up for grabs so don’t think there will be a shortage on good seats.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 07-21-2023, 05:46 PM
Brigadier General

I was going on the list of section numbers that UD sent out in their promotional email. Based on that, it appeared to me that the two mid-court fifty-yard line sections were not in those section ranges promoted by the UD in the marketing email. But then, the special people might have had an inside track to those sections??
Old 07-21-2023, 06:23 PM
Lieutenant General

Thanked 6,560 Times in 2,453 Posts
Lifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond repute
Cincy has the middle sections on both sides of the court thus more than half the lower bowl.
However you don't need to wait until the 26th if you want a seat in their sections. The UC passcode is bearcats. Click on the box for UC and enter their passcode to get access to their seats.
Old 07-21-2023, 06:40 PM
Colonel

Thanked 1,145 Times in 598 Posts
bcross has a reputation beyond reputebcross has a reputation beyond reputebcross has a reputation beyond reputebcross has a reputation beyond reputebcross has a reputation beyond reputebcross has a reputation beyond reputebcross has a reputation beyond reputebcross has a reputation beyond reputebcross has a reputation beyond reputebcross has a reputation beyond reputebcross has a reputation beyond repute
Middle sections were split in half and the UD side sold rather quickly.
Old 07-21-2023, 08:05 PM
Lieutenant General

Thanked 6,560 Times in 2,453 Posts
Lifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond repute
There are now 6 upper level sections available, 3 on each side of the court. Most are 64.50