User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement

Old 09-26-2018, 09:40 AM
Brigadier General

Thanked 1,523 Times in 771 Posts
Barney Sentner has a brilliant futureBarney Sentner has a brilliant futureBarney Sentner has a brilliant futureBarney Sentner has a brilliant futureBarney Sentner has a brilliant futureBarney Sentner has a brilliant futureBarney Sentner has a brilliant futureBarney Sentner has a brilliant futureBarney Sentner has a brilliant futureBarney Sentner has a brilliant futureBarney Sentner has a brilliant future
As practice starts what are your concerns

Let me throw some suggestions out there...

1) How to replace the rebounding and toughness inside with the loss of Harris and Layfield?

2) Point guard, since Canatelli is most effective as the 2 guard?

3) Lots of new faces, transfers and freshmen, how to integrate them into the rotation tough the Italy games had to have helped?

Others?
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to Barney Sentner For This Totally Excellent Post:
Cardsflyer (09-27-2018), jack72 (09-26-2018)
Advertisement
Old 09-26-2018, 11:14 AM
Brigadier General

Barney Sentner has a brilliant futureBarney Sentner has a brilliant futureBarney Sentner has a brilliant futureBarney Sentner has a brilliant futureBarney Sentner has a brilliant futureBarney Sentner has a brilliant futureBarney Sentner has a brilliant futureBarney Sentner has a brilliant futureBarney Sentner has a brilliant futureBarney Sentner has a brilliant futureBarney Sentner has a brilliant future
Interesting, 25 views and no responses, so I guess no concerns. It's a murderous non conference slate, that is one concern I have but again use those games as a prelude to the A-10 and it's a great learning experience going up against Maryland and South Carolina versus Cupcake U.
Old 09-26-2018, 11:20 AM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 8,557 Times in 3,702 Posts
ClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond repute
My biggest concern is summer and warm weather coming to an end

Seriously, not followed the womens team as closely for the last year or two, but wanted to say thank you for the updates and insight you provide, and hope to keep closer tabs on the women in the future, as I always enjoyed watching them play in the past.
Old 09-26-2018, 11:24 AM
Brigadier General

My pleasure and I don't know your proximity to the Arena but try to come out to some games, they play an exciting up tempo style, the cost is reasonable, you can sit close to court side, getting in and out is easy and the renovations continue to make this building more fan friendly.
Old 09-26-2018, 11:51 AM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 8,557 Times in 3,702 Posts
ClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Barney Sentner View Post
My pleasure and I don't know your proximity to the Arena but try to come out to some games, they play an exciting up tempo style, the cost is reasonable, you can sit close to court side, getting in and out is easy and the renovations continue to make this building more fan friendly.
Oh we have attended in the past, if I had to guess 5 or 6 games per year on average when it did not conflict with my kids schedules. I used to bring youth teams I coached to games a time or two per year, and even brought our entire youth program one year, 360 tickets! Had too many things going on the past couple of years and lost track of what was going on. Now that we are semi-empty nesters maybe a bit more time. thanks again
Old 09-26-2018, 02:04 PM
Lieutenant General

Thanked 6,560 Times in 2,453 Posts
Lifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond repute
My main concern is the same every year... injuries. I want to see Giancone get to play. I thought I heard a reference in one of Shauna's post games from Italy that A Bradshaw our pg had a little injury. If she is healthy I think we will be solid at that position, and get better as time goes on. I don't think Canatelli played much pg in Italy. Javonna's contributions will have to be made up for by committee, especially her rebounding. (Her dancing responsibilities will be covered by Fowler :-)!) Chandler is eligible and I think she and Ward will help cover the loss of Harris.

I am just looking forward to the season and have a lot of confidence in the players and the staff.
Mad Props to Lifelong Flyer Fan For This Totally Excellent Post:
Cardsflyer (09-27-2018)
Old 09-26-2018, 02:08 PM
Brigadier General

Another athlete who will hopefully recover from injury and can definitely help on the front line is Parkinson.
Mad Props to Barney Sentner For This Totally Excellent Post:
Cardsflyer (09-27-2018)
Old 09-26-2018, 02:12 PM
Lieutenant Colonel

keats '91 has a reputation beyond reputekeats '91 has a reputation beyond reputekeats '91 has a reputation beyond reputekeats '91 has a reputation beyond reputekeats '91 has a reputation beyond reputekeats '91 has a reputation beyond reputekeats '91 has a reputation beyond reputekeats '91 has a reputation beyond reputekeats '91 has a reputation beyond reputekeats '91 has a reputation beyond reputekeats '91 has a reputation beyond repute
I am excited for this years possibilities, but with so many new faces, not sure how to judge expectations. Just too hard to predict how things will mesh. (I actually feel same way about guys, but admit to be outside the norm... being content to wait and watch). My concerns will be in chemistry and who will provide toughness/intensity.

Note: I usually attend handful of games with wife or whole family. Usually able to get a good deal with promotions. It's a good bargain, good basketball for the cost. And normally run into someone while at the game.
Mad Props to keats '91 For This Totally Excellent Post:
Cardsflyer (09-27-2018)
Old 09-26-2018, 03:01 PM
Committed to this Web Site and Your Enjoyment!

Thanked 10,134 Times in 5,868 Posts
jack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond repute
We will miss Layfield and Burdette a bunch. The intangibles and leadership they brought is what I worry about replacing. Harris' will be little loss, since she was very inconsistent and brought no offense.

Scaife can be one of the best to play for UD if she gets consistent and shows more leadership. This team will score, but can they play D and rebound and protect the rock? The bench will be better than last year, as only one way to go there.
Old 09-26-2018, 03:45 PM
Brigadier General

Good point about the bench, kidded Shauna last year about being ready to "suit up" again in a pinch. This should be a deep team.
Old 09-26-2018, 04:51 PM
Colonel

tirebiter has a reputation beyond reputetirebiter has a reputation beyond reputetirebiter has a reputation beyond reputetirebiter has a reputation beyond reputetirebiter has a reputation beyond reputetirebiter has a reputation beyond reputetirebiter has a reputation beyond reputetirebiter has a reputation beyond reputetirebiter has a reputation beyond reputetirebiter has a reputation beyond reputetirebiter has a reputation beyond repute
I'm hoping to see Brittany Ward get into full stride this year. She was a five star recruit out of high school (#34 recruit I think), but looked like she was missing a gear last year recovering from her injuries. Hopefully she is ready to show off her skills this year.

And I'm also looking forward to watching Ariaion Bradshaw, the transfer from South Carolina, who is listed as the #32 recruit from 2016.

Imagine if the men's team had the #32 and #34 recruits in the nation on the same team!
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to tirebiter For This Totally Excellent Post:
Cardsflyer (09-27-2018), jaburr91 (09-26-2018)
Old 09-27-2018, 07:21 AM
Major

Cardsflyer is a glorious beacon of lightCardsflyer is a glorious beacon of lightCardsflyer is a glorious beacon of lightCardsflyer is a glorious beacon of lightCardsflyer is a glorious beacon of light
I am excited, our Non-Con is really good and will get us prepared for the A-10.

My concern is scoring outside of Jayla and Lauren. Who else will step up?

I think Wilmoth is ready to take that step into being a low post influence on the boards and defensively and I think is a better offensive player than Harris was, but Harris was tough and battled.

I think Ward will be much improved and it seems Italy helped her a lot. I also believe Skeens and Davidson will surprise people.

Just really excited to get the season going and as long as we stay injury free should be really deep.

Go Flyers!
Old 09-30-2018, 09:18 AM
Lieutenant General

Thanked 6,560 Times in 2,453 Posts
Lifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond repute
https://www.mydaytondailynews.com/sp...YmF4Eb6bgRoeK/
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to Lifelong Flyer Fan For This Totally Excellent Post:
Cardsflyer (10-01-2018), jaburr91 (09-30-2018)
Old 09-30-2018, 12:16 PM
Committed to this Web Site and Your Enjoyment!

Thanked 17,099 Times in 5,101 Posts
Chris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond repute
Speed and athleticism are my major concerns. Marquette exposed these shortcomings in debilitating fashion in the NCAA game. We could not compete after the first 5 minutes at their level. The ability to play hard for a full 40 with relentless intensity, speed, and athleticism at all 5 positions.

We will have enough stuff to do well in the A10 and maybe pick off a team or two in the non-con. But the standard now for this program is what kind of damage can you do in the NCAA Tourney. The aforementioned areas are where we are deficient in my opinion.

Hot shooting hides a multitude of sins.
Make everyone else's "one day" your "day one".
Mad Props to Chris R For This Totally Excellent Post:
Cardsflyer (10-01-2018)
Old 10-26-2018, 09:15 AM
Just off the Jet

Panther_Alum is on a distinguished road
Any word on how Skeens is acclimating?
Old 10-26-2018, 10:56 AM
Brigadier General

Thanked 2,197 Times in 1,115 Posts
jaburr91 has a brilliant futurejaburr91 has a brilliant futurejaburr91 has a brilliant futurejaburr91 has a brilliant futurejaburr91 has a brilliant futurejaburr91 has a brilliant futurejaburr91 has a brilliant futurejaburr91 has a brilliant futurejaburr91 has a brilliant futurejaburr91 has a brilliant futurejaburr91 has a brilliant future
File this question under perfect timing -- Jablonski article on DDN site talking about the three freshmen.

https://www.daytondailynews.com/spor...RVsRpiEekxauO/

Gensler on Skeens: “Her ability to catch and shoot has been resonating with the team. You’ve got to get a hot hand on her. Getting the speed of the game is a big step for any freshman, but her offensive ability is coming along pretty well.”