UDPride Discussion Forums    

Go Back   UDPride Discussion Forums > UDPRIDE SPORTS FORUMS > Football

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement

Old 01-06-2018, 08:14 PM
Committed to this Web Site and Your Enjoyment!

Thanked 2,415 Times in 1,074 Posts
UDEE79 has a reputation beyond reputeUDEE79 has a reputation beyond reputeUDEE79 has a reputation beyond reputeUDEE79 has a reputation beyond reputeUDEE79 has a reputation beyond reputeUDEE79 has a reputation beyond reputeUDEE79 has a reputation beyond reputeUDEE79 has a reputation beyond reputeUDEE79 has a reputation beyond reputeUDEE79 has a reputation beyond reputeUDEE79 has a reputation beyond repute
Does Jon Gruden have a good relationship with the football program?

Just asking since he is signing a contract purportedly worth $100 million to coach the raiders.
Advertisement
Old 01-07-2018, 04:27 PM
Colonel

Flyer Gramps is a jewel in the roughFlyer Gramps is a jewel in the roughFlyer Gramps is a jewel in the roughFlyer Gramps is a jewel in the rough
A few years ago (and when his brother was coaching nearby at Bengals) Jon was the "featured" guest at the annual summer golf outing.

I'm sure he is a donor like most alums but I don't see his name on any "structure" yet.
Old 01-16-2018, 01:14 PM
Major

Cardsflyer is a glorious beacon of lightCardsflyer is a glorious beacon of lightCardsflyer is a glorious beacon of lightCardsflyer is a glorious beacon of lightCardsflyer is a glorious beacon of light
Would be great if he donated enough money to put a football field on campus. How sweet would it be to go to Gruden Stadium on the campus of the University of Dayton!

Go Flyers!
Mad Props to Cardsflyer For This Totally Excellent Post:
jack72 (01-16-2018)
Old 01-16-2018, 06:27 PM
Lieutenant General

Thanked 6,559 Times in 2,452 Posts
Lifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond repute
Earlier this fall I heard the cost for what they want in a football stadium was 20 million.
Old 01-16-2018, 08:09 PM
Committed to this Web Site and Your Enjoyment!

Thanked 4,600 Times in 2,847 Posts
UACFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeUACFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeUACFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeUACFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeUACFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeUACFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeUACFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeUACFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeUACFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeUACFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeUACFlyer has a reputation beyond repute
Two things....

Originally Posted by Lifelong Flyer Fan View Post
Earlier this fall I heard the cost for what they want in a football stadium was 20 million.
Cost: As I've mentioned before, Fairfield U. recently built a very nice lacrosse stadium seating 3500 at a cost of $12 million in a high-cost area. I've been in the stadium....really nice.....expanding to 5000 would add very little cost...my guess is $14 million, tops. Apparently UD wants something a bit better if the $20 million figure is accurate.

Site: On campus? Where? Perhaps the Fairgrounds. But it sounds as if UD has other ideas for that location.

The Flyers are drawing only about 3000, or so, for FB. Are we really that serious about FB that the administration would decide that Welcome is inadequate?

Is buying Welcome and renovating it out of the question? Surely there was a time when the notion of UD owning all the NCR property...then the Fairgrounds (half) would have seemed absurd. But, here we are...a major force in South Dayton. If we owned WS, renovated it and allowed HS FB....would that work?

With a track around a playing field the fans are much farther from the action than otherwise. That is a drawback of WS, in my opinion.

Chris probably knows what the U's thinking really is...or could find out.
Old 02-01-2018, 08:55 AM
Lieutenant General

Thanked 6,559 Times in 2,452 Posts
Lifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by UDEE79 View Post
Just asking since he is signing a contract purportedly worth $100 million to coach the raiders.
I would say yes. Last evening Mike Kelly spoke after Shauna at the Chalk Talk. Someone asked him about Jon Gruden (maybe it was you). He said they talk or text every couple of weeks and have for years. Said he was not surprised Jon went back into coaching because he had mentioned in recent conversations that he missed it, which was a change.