User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement

Old 05-08-2020, 01:47 PM
Brigadier General

Thanked 1,528 Times in 776 Posts
Barney Sentner has a brilliant futureBarney Sentner has a brilliant futureBarney Sentner has a brilliant futureBarney Sentner has a brilliant futureBarney Sentner has a brilliant futureBarney Sentner has a brilliant futureBarney Sentner has a brilliant futureBarney Sentner has a brilliant futureBarney Sentner has a brilliant futureBarney Sentner has a brilliant futureBarney Sentner has a brilliant future
A Regional Non Conference Schedule

So obviously we don't know when the UD women's 2020-21 season will start but there's been a lot of talk about cutting travel for expenses and distancing reasons. So there a a myriad of teams the UD women can play in non conference including Xavier, Cincinnati, Toledo, Miami of Ohio, Purdue, Wright St., Wright St. yes I put that in there twice since I don;t understand not playing them in fact how about a home-and-home. No need to play at say Buffalo. Any thoughts?
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to Barney Sentner For This Totally Excellent Post:
Brad S. (05-08-2020), jack72 (05-08-2020)
Advertisement
Old 05-08-2020, 02:26 PM
Committed to this Web Site and Your Enjoyment!

Thanked 10,177 Times in 5,904 Posts
jack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond repute
It amazes me that teams spend so much money on travel when they can play close by teams. UD could fill its schedule with good teams from MI, IN, IL, KY, PA and TN. Two problems: schools have too much money, so they can travel to wherever, secondly, teams use the travel as a recruiting tool.
Old 05-08-2020, 02:29 PM
Brigadier General

Thanked 1,528 Times in 776 Posts
Barney Sentner has a brilliant futureBarney Sentner has a brilliant futureBarney Sentner has a brilliant futureBarney Sentner has a brilliant futureBarney Sentner has a brilliant futureBarney Sentner has a brilliant futureBarney Sentner has a brilliant futureBarney Sentner has a brilliant futureBarney Sentner has a brilliant futureBarney Sentner has a brilliant futureBarney Sentner has a brilliant future
Ok playing in Florida is a recruiting tool even playing at UConn but many others and I won't put down institutions, I just don't get. Sometimes it's for the athlete so I understand the home-and-home with Northeastern for Jenna though her sister was gone this past season. I'd like to see Ashland in a regular season game - Ok they're D2 but they're a power on that level.
Old 05-08-2020, 02:49 PM
Committed to this Web Site and Your Enjoyment!

Thanked 10,177 Times in 5,904 Posts
jack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Barney Sentner View Post
Ok playing in Florida is a recruiting tool even playing at UConn but many others and I won't put down institutions, I just don't get. Sometimes it's for the athlete so I understand the home-and-home with Northeastern for Jenna though her sister was gone this past season. I'd like to see Ashland in a regular season game - Ok they're D2 but they're a power on that level.
Not sure anyone, but Buffalo fits that assertion. Otherwise they played in MI and Toledo.
Old 05-08-2020, 05:03 PM
Lieutenant General

Thanked 6,619 Times in 2,468 Posts
Lifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond repute
We don't play Wright ST. because at contract renewal, after years of alternating H and H., they wanted to be a BUY game. We did not agree.
The last time we played them was at WSU in the 14-15 season They had a good team who many thought would defeat us on their court. We dominated the stands in numbers and noise.Dayton won 79-76.
I would guess that Dayton would agree to H and H since that was what we wanted at contract renewal time.
Mad Props to Lifelong Flyer Fan For This Totally Excellent Post:
jack72 (05-08-2020)
Old 05-08-2020, 05:50 PM
(Formerly O'Side Flyer)

Brad S. has much to be proud ofBrad S. has much to be proud ofBrad S. has much to be proud ofBrad S. has much to be proud ofBrad S. has much to be proud ofBrad S. has much to be proud ofBrad S. has much to be proud ofBrad S. has much to be proud ofBrad S. has much to be proud ofBrad S. has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Barney Sentner View Post
So obviously we don't know when the UD women's 2020-21 season will start but there's been a lot of talk about cutting travel for expenses and distancing reasons. So there a a myriad of teams the UD women can play in non conference including Xavier, Cincinnati, Toledo, Miami of Ohio, Purdue, Wright St., Wright St. yes I put that in there twice since I don;t understand not playing them in fact how about a home-and-home. No need to play at say Buffalo. Any thoughts?
Could also play Northern Kentucky -- they're right across the river and already have a UD connection in HC Camryn Whitaker. The Norse have really been an up-and-coming team the last 2 years and I would rank last year's team slightly behind Wright St.