Go Back   UDPride Discussion Forums > UDPRIDE SPORTS FORUMS > Mens Basketball

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement

Old 05-05-2020, 09:54 AM
Colonel

Buckleyma has much to be proud ofBuckleyma has much to be proud ofBuckleyma has much to be proud ofBuckleyma has much to be proud ofBuckleyma has much to be proud ofBuckleyma has much to be proud ofBuckleyma has much to be proud ofBuckleyma has much to be proud ofBuckleyma has much to be proud of
Lunatix

Is anyone else having issues getting refunds from lunatix.com?

I wrote Chris before asking this question on this space.

On 02/14: I sent money to lunatix.com for a registration for NCAA final four. This is different than buying tickets. I registered for University of Dayton final four, if Dayton made it to Atlanta for the game. If Dayton did not make the final four then I would be out a fee, not the entire amount. My credit card was charged the entire amount and then if your team does not make it then you get refunded for the entire amount less the fee. I am only suppose to be out the fee.

I asked for the refund on 03/26.

I have contacted Lunatix.com over and over again and received nothing but a couple of emails confirming that my request has been received along with a request number.

Other than creating a Better Business Bureau report, what can be done? Has anyone else used lunatix.com?

I am concerned that I have been ripped off for $871.20. That’s a registration for two tickets in the lower arena.

As a diehard Dayton Flyer fan, if Dayton made it to the final four; I was going to walk to Atlanta, if necessary, and I wanted tickets with the best seats possible.
Posted via Mobile Device
Advertisement
Old 05-05-2020, 10:20 AM
Flyer Volleyball Superfan. Almost 8,000 Posts To Prove It.

Thanked 5,356 Times in 2,463 Posts
BeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond repute
1. Report it to your cc company. They have a fraud department. I think the company that charged you usually has 30 days to provide reasons why you should not get a credit, but since everyone knows the NCAAs didn’t happen...maybe that gets skipped for this. With 30 days...expect a credit within 45 days or less. Also if you were charged any interest...ask the cc company to credit that too.
Old 05-05-2020, 10:20 AM
Just off the Jet

Stewart Street Frogger will become famous soon enough
Since you paid via credit card, you could file a charge back with your bank.
Old 05-12-2020, 08:44 AM
Colonel

Buckleyma has much to be proud ofBuckleyma has much to be proud ofBuckleyma has much to be proud ofBuckleyma has much to be proud ofBuckleyma has much to be proud ofBuckleyma has much to be proud ofBuckleyma has much to be proud ofBuckleyma has much to be proud ofBuckleyma has much to be proud of
Thank you, BeckysTXA and Stewart Street Frogger. I have followed your recommendation. The credit card company gave me a provisional credit and a provisional interest credit. I am uncertain how this works with Lunatix.com.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 05-12-2020, 09:05 AM
Major General

Thanked 2,700 Times in 1,283 Posts
Radar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond repute
Save all documentation

Buckleyma your post is timely. I'm having same issues with Vivid Seats for 1st/2nd round tickets purchased for Cleveland. Filed dispute with cc, received a provisional credit for total amount. CC notifies Vivid Seats. Strangely, Vivid told CC the tickets are non-refundable even though I have an email from Vivid Seats stating that "we have confirmed the event(s) has been canceled and will be issuing you a full refund"...which I now have to provide to cc company.

So...hold on to your receipts and any follow-up correspondence!

Last edited by Radar; 05-12-2020 at 05:18 PM..
Old 05-12-2020, 10:03 AM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 4,690 Times in 2,510 Posts
TA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Radar View Post
Buckleyma your post is timely. I'm having same issues with Vivid Seats for 1st/2nd round tickets purchased for Cleveland. Filed dispute with cc, received a provisional credit for total amount. CC notifies Vivid Seats. Strangely, Vivid told CC the tickets are non-refundable even though I have an email from Vivid Seats stating that "we have confirmed the event(s) has been canceled and will be issuing you a full refund"...which I know have to provide to cc company.

So...hold on to your receipts and any follow-up correspondence!
That’s unfortunate. I had purchased 1st and 2nd round through Seatgeeks. I also disputed with cc company. It took around 6 weeks but Seatgeeks eventually sent the refund. There’s no reason a third party ticket company such as Vivid, Stubhub or SeatGeek shouldn’t refund since all their sites list cancellation as a refundable event.
Old 05-17-2020, 01:21 PM
Colonel

As a lessons learned, here is the latest status. The credit card company sent me a three page form to fill out. The cover page in the letter from the credit card company stated that if I did not supply adequate information for them to research my request for refund that my request would be declined and all provisional credits would be rescinded. I mailed copies of every correspondence that I had back to the credit card company along with the completed form. I have cancelled my analog line; so I could not fax the paperwork. Instead, I spent $1.80 to mail it to the credit card company.

I have not heard anything from lunatix.com. Their web site still seems active?
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 05-17-2020, 02:17 PM
Committed to this Web Site and Your Enjoyment!

Thanked 6,123 Times in 4,169 Posts
ud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond repute
This reminds of an issue a friend had buying a new car.

She had a wheelchair carrier put on the car, she paid the car dealership to paint the carrier the same color as the car when she bought the car. It took a few months to get the carrier installed on the car after she bought the car, and the car sat in her garage that entire time after she bought the car as she could not drive the car without the wheelchair carrier.

In the intervening period between the purchase of the car and when she finally got the wheelchair carrier installed, the salesman who sold her the car was no longer working at the dealership. The salesman was the one who set up the carrier painting contract. I don't know if he quit, got another job elsewhere, was fired, or whatever. So, she goes back to the dealership to get the wheelchair carrier painted, and they refuse to paint it without her paying a 2nd time now for the paint job, saying that they have no record whatsoever of the original painting contract.

Fortunately, she kept all of her paperwork, and she got them to honor the contract.

A very angering situation.

Keep all of your paperwork.

Last edited by ud2; 05-17-2020 at 02:19 PM..
Mad Props to ud2 For This Totally Excellent Post:
BeckysTXA (05-18-2020)
Old 05-17-2020, 06:31 PM
Colonel

Ready Action has a brilliant futureReady Action has a brilliant futureReady Action has a brilliant futureReady Action has a brilliant futureReady Action has a brilliant futureReady Action has a brilliant futureReady Action has a brilliant futureReady Action has a brilliant futureReady Action has a brilliant futureReady Action has a brilliant futureReady Action has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by ud2 View Post
Keep all of your paperwork.
True indeed. Fortunately now days with most of the paperwork having an electronic record, as in an email confirmation of said contract, it’s a lot easier to keep track.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 05-17-2020, 07:12 PM
1st Lieutenant

UD94 is a splendid one to beholdUD94 is a splendid one to beholdUD94 is a splendid one to beholdUD94 is a splendid one to beholdUD94 is a splendid one to beholdUD94 is a splendid one to beholdUD94 is a splendid one to behold
I still haven't received a refund from Barclay's for Atlantic 10 tournament. Has anyone else had this problem?

I did get a full refund for NCAA 1st and 2nd round last month.
Old 05-17-2020, 09:53 PM
Committed to this Web Site and Your Enjoyment!

Thanked 6,123 Times in 4,169 Posts
ud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Ready Action View Post
True indeed. Fortunately now days with most of the paperwork having an electronic record, as in an email confirmation of said contract, it’s a lot easier to keep track.
Posted via Mobile Device
I left out some details...it was a long, messy situation
Old 05-20-2020, 04:52 PM
Lieutenant Colonel

oldfan has a reputation beyond reputeoldfan has a reputation beyond reputeoldfan has a reputation beyond reputeoldfan has a reputation beyond reputeoldfan has a reputation beyond reputeoldfan has a reputation beyond reputeoldfan has a reputation beyond reputeoldfan has a reputation beyond reputeoldfan has a reputation beyond reputeoldfan has a reputation beyond reputeoldfan has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by UD94 View Post
I still haven't received a refund from Barclay's for Atlantic 10 tournament. Has anyone else had this problem?
Has the A10 tournament been officially cancelled?
Old 07-20-2020, 05:46 PM
Colonel

Thank you goes to everyone who made suggestions. My provisional credit was finalized in my favor. Why would a web site put a customer buying basketball tickets through this type of delay and paperwork to get a refund. I am mystified. It makes me hesitant to buy basketball tickets online ever again. In this case, it was lunatix.com.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 07-20-2020, 09:50 PM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 6,255 Times in 3,097 Posts
CE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Buckleyma View Post
Thank you goes to everyone who made suggestions. My provisional credit was finalized in my favor. Why would a web site put a customer buying basketball tickets through this type of delay and paperwork to get a refund. I am mystified. It makes me hesitant to buy basketball tickets online ever again. In this case, it was lunatix.com.
Posted via Mobile Device
Buying tickets online is not the problem. It’s who you buy them from. I will never buy another ticket from SeatGeak.
Mad Props to CE80 For This Totally Excellent Post:
UDTradition (07-21-2020)