User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement

Old 06-26-2012, 11:07 AM
Brigadier General

Thanked 1,429 Times in 754 Posts
Hyde Park Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeHyde Park Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeHyde Park Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeHyde Park Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeHyde Park Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeHyde Park Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeHyde Park Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeHyde Park Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeHyde Park Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeHyde Park Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeHyde Park Flyer has a reputation beyond repute
something...anything

this isn't a rant. i need to vent a bit. my sun doesn't rise and fall because of flyers basketball. i'll wake in the morning regardless of whether the flyers win or bag a recruit. but, it certainly affects my weather. and, it's been very autumn like recently. cloudy. limited visitbility. not cold enough to turn the rain to snow. still, cold. i need...need...at least an indian summer. blue skys and a warm up. please. my daily browsing is probably very limited by objective standards. i have cnn as my home page. i don't think they have the best news content, but it's easier. i'd rather get my news from the washington post (an old holdover from when i was overseas during college...the international edition was doable on a daily basis....not as much work as the times) but can't manage the energy and effort to have change. inertia. it's very real. i only have 3 sites that i visit as part of my browsing habit. first, i go here. udpride. the lone exceptions are if i'm out of town or if they lost. can't do it if they lose. the clouds turn to severe storms with the invariable the sky is falling discussions. i might even take 2 days off if they lost to fordham. after udpride, i check out the cincinnati enquirer and ddn sites. so, in both order and number, udpride represents a big chunk of my browsing. and, there's been no break in the weather for weeks. i need something. not just anything. i need something to motivate me to keep putting on my fall coat before browsing. don't get me wrong. i appreciate the efforts by folks to keep things interesting. i'm a fan because i grew up in the dayton area rather than being an alum. i'm a lifer. i understand the occasional shout outs to the someone of interest that contributed to that which is the flyers experience. i'll generally read at least a couple of posts to see how they contributed. i'll admit that i'm ever hopeful that i'll read something about george roth. he ran the research institute. he was part of the group that watched a-bombs make mushroom clouds on bikini island. he was a lifelong fan. season tix holder. unfortunately, like many of the other guys, the radiation had the final say. sucks. of course, i haven't stumbled on that post yet. even if i did, the weather forecast wouldn't change much. the cj to the nba posts don't provide much. i don't know if he's 6'6" or 6'4". i do know that his wingspan has been reported accurately. it seems that schools inflate height and weight like grades but tell the scout's honest truth about wingspan. i guess that's a final bastion of truth. wingspan. still leaves things gray. i'm tired of all things bcs. i no longer even like words that include the letters bcs. i try to avoid saying because. i've become a "due to" guy instead. it's more stuff that has me looking for a blanket. again, i need something. another post with a link to a doug harris article about am being on the recruiting trail won't cut it. i need more. something tangible. please. something.
Mad Props to Hyde Park Flyer For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer69ers (06-26-2012)
Advertisement
Old 06-26-2012, 11:16 AM
General

Thanked 4,320 Times in 2,124 Posts
Medford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond repute
That was about as difficult to read as a 5 page paragraph from "Infinite Jest". Yeesh.

I have nothing to offer you, but the A-10 board occasionally has nibbles on UD's recruiting, Schwade's Rivals site seems to be pretty in touch with recruiting, you already visit the DDN website, so I'm not sure what you want anyone here to provide you that can't be found elsewhere? Its the offseason, there's not going to be much news out there or debates on players since none (well likely few) of us are watching them practice.

You could dig up some old stuff off the off topic forum, the pizza thread was fun while it lasted. Perhaps try to get some debate going on summer movies or a book you've read recently. I don't know anything about George Roth, share your insight and relations, I'm sure it will dredge up other memories. Sometimes you've got to do the lifting yourself when you're not getting what you want out of your UDPride message board. Summers are slow around here
Old 06-26-2012, 11:28 AM
Lieutenant Colonel

moville has a brilliant futuremoville has a brilliant futuremoville has a brilliant futuremoville has a brilliant futuremoville has a brilliant futuremoville has a brilliant futuremoville has a brilliant futuremoville has a brilliant futuremoville has a brilliant futuremoville has a brilliant futuremoville has a brilliant future
Actually, pretty good writing HPFLYer . . . reminds me of when I went to see Dr. Bueregard (A-B Bueregard) to ask him a question . . . and 20 minutes later I didn't get to ask the freeking question because he explained to me why the sky was blue and why I should give a crap about the water filtration system in Kenya, and warned me about body piercings and dirty needles if I ever was to get a tattoo . . . and the domino theory was a made-up term by Joe McCarthy. All over the place, with deep meaning and HP Flyer - you're a good writer . . . are you, by chance, related to Dr. Bueregard? Fortunately, that day back in the fall of '69, it had just turned noon and the Bookstore was open on the other side of the tracks. Then, it all made sense.
4 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to moville For This Totally Excellent Post:
bobber (06-26-2012), Justin (06-27-2012), NYCFLYER (06-29-2012), San Diego Flyer (06-26-2012)
Old 06-26-2012, 11:48 AM
Committed to this Web Site and Your Enjoyment!

Thanked 15,876 Times in 6,981 Posts
rollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by moville View Post
Actually, pretty good writing HPFLYer . . . reminds me of when I went to see Dr. Bueregard (A-B Bueregard) to ask him a question . . . and 20 minutes later I didn't get to ask the freeking question because he explained to me why the sky was blue and why I should give a crap about the water filtration system in Kenya, and warned me about body piercings and dirty needles if I ever was to get a tattoo . . . and the domino theory was a made-up term by Joe McCarthy. All over the place, with deep meaning and HP Flyer - you're a good writer . . . are you, by chance, related to Dr. Bueregard? Fortunately, that day back in the fall of '69, it had just turned noon and the Bookstore was open on the other side of the tracks. Then, it all made sense.
Bueregard was a trip! My parents had him in the 50's and I had him for History of the Middle East in '86...and nothing changed in that time period.

He'd start lecturing with his back turned to the class and a piece of chalk in his hand. Instead of writing words for notes, he only put the first letter of the words he was saying...in other words this paragraph would look like"

H S L W H B T T T C A A P O C I H H. I O W W F N H O P T F L O T W H W S.

When he ran out of blackboard space, he'd erase one and start all over. Insane!

And he spoke quickly and not very loud so you had to pay attention...and he didn't stop talking/writing until the bell rang.

The man knew more about everything than needed but knew little about teaching...which didn't prevent him from winning multiple 'professor of the year' awards at UD.

Last edited by rollo; 06-26-2012 at 11:52 AM..
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to rollo For This Totally Excellent Post:
Bill McPeek (06-26-2012), Flyer 86 (06-26-2012)
Old 06-26-2012, 11:58 AM
Colonel

Flyer69ers has a brilliant futureFlyer69ers has a brilliant futureFlyer69ers has a brilliant futureFlyer69ers has a brilliant futureFlyer69ers has a brilliant futureFlyer69ers has a brilliant futureFlyer69ers has a brilliant futureFlyer69ers has a brilliant futureFlyer69ers has a brilliant futureFlyer69ers has a brilliant futureFlyer69ers has a brilliant future
We feel your pain. We live for news of our Flyers - - -

Our two license plates are UDFLYR and UDAYTON
(we were able to get them because we live in Illinois)

We get thumbs up and honks every where we go!

FLYER NATION is alive and well, but seems to be in limbo - - -

watching and waiting and hoping . . .
Old 06-26-2012, 01:30 PM
2nd Lieutenant

Ohio Gaming Slots is just really niceOhio Gaming Slots is just really niceOhio Gaming Slots is just really niceOhio Gaming Slots is just really nice
Maybe Rollo can start up his "basketball rules" thread again.
Old 06-26-2012, 02:01 PM

rollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond repute
every little bit helps...

Originally Posted by Ohio Gaming Slots View Post
Maybe Rollo can start up his "basketball rules" thread again.
It wasn't very well received last summer but if the masses demand it, I'll start this Monday and try to put a new scenario up weekly after that.
ClaytonFlyerFan (06-26-2012), GoSteelers (06-26-2012), sheg (06-26-2012), Tony T 71 (06-26-2012)
Old 06-26-2012, 02:38 PM
Lieutenant General

Thanked 1,452 Times in 781 Posts
DetroitFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDetroitFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDetroitFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDetroitFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDetroitFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDetroitFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDetroitFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDetroitFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDetroitFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDetroitFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDetroitFlyer has a reputation beyond repute
GREAT Professor!

Originally Posted by rollo View Post
Bueregard was a trip! My parents had him in the 50's and I had him for History of the Middle East in '86...and nothing changed in that time period.

He'd start lecturing with his back turned to the class and a piece of chalk in his hand. Instead of writing words for notes, he only put the first letter of the words he was saying...in other words this paragraph would look like"

H S L W H B T T T C A A P O C I H H. I O W W F N H O P T F L O T W H W S.

When he ran out of blackboard space, he'd erase one and start all over. Insane!

And he spoke quickly and not very loud so you had to pay attention...and he didn't stop talking/writing until the bell rang.

The man knew more about everything than needed but knew little about teaching...which didn't prevent him from winning multiple 'professor of the year' awards at UD.
I managed to squeeze in a few history classes, (not easy in Engineering), with Dr. Bueregard. His lectures were amazing. I was always impressed by the amount and detail he knew about some of the most obscure topics. I wish I could have taken more classes from him. One of my favorite teachers of all time!
Old 06-26-2012, 03:41 PM

Thanked 1,080 Times in 676 Posts
udx2 has a brilliant futureudx2 has a brilliant futureudx2 has a brilliant futureudx2 has a brilliant futureudx2 has a brilliant futureudx2 has a brilliant futureudx2 has a brilliant futureudx2 has a brilliant futureudx2 has a brilliant futureudx2 has a brilliant futureudx2 has a brilliant future
Dr. Beauregard. I do remember him and this thread brings back memories. I had to look him up. Here is what I found:

IN MEMORIAM — ERVING E. BEAUREGARD
Erving E. Beauregard, legendary professor of history, died May 5

DAYTON, OH (May 6, 2004) — Erving E. Beauregard, University of Dayton professor emeritus of history and a prolific scholar, died Wednesday evening, May 5. He was 83.

A memorial Mass will be held at 10 a.m. on Monday, May 10, at the Chapel of the Immaculate Conception on the University of Dayton campus. Father James Heft, S.M., will preside. A luncheon reception will follow in the Kennedy Union Torch Lounge.

Dr. Beauregard earned an A.B. from the University of Chicago in 1942, an M.A. from the University of Massachusetts in 1945, and a Ph.D. from Union Institute in 1976.

Dr. Beauregard joined the University of Dayton history department in 1947 and became professor emeritus in 1991. He served as chair of the American Association of University Professors Council of Private Institutions in Ohio from 1969 to 1971 and was the president of the Ohio Conference of the American Association of University Professors from 1971 to 1972. In 1972, he served as president of the Ohio Academy of History.

A prolific author, Dr. Beauregard researched and wrote more than 150 articles and numerous books, including Old Franklin: The Eternal Touch, History of Academic Freedom in Ohio and Reverend John Walker: Renaissance Man. The biographer of John A. Bingham, principal author of the 14th Amendment, Dr. Beauregard was also the author of Bingham of the Hills. A world traveler, he was widely published in African studies.

Most recently, he authored chapters on the University of Dayton and Wilberforce University in Cradles of Conscience, the history of Ohio’s independent colleges and universities published in September by Kent State University Press.

4 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to udx2 For This Totally Excellent Post:
Bill McPeek (06-26-2012), NYCFLYER (06-29-2012), rollo (06-26-2012), ud2 (06-26-2012)
Old 06-26-2012, 04:01 PM

Thanked 6,301 Times in 3,004 Posts
Sea Bass has a reputation beyond reputeSea Bass has a reputation beyond reputeSea Bass has a reputation beyond reputeSea Bass has a reputation beyond reputeSea Bass has a reputation beyond reputeSea Bass has a reputation beyond reputeSea Bass has a reputation beyond reputeSea Bass has a reputation beyond reputeSea Bass has a reputation beyond reputeSea Bass has a reputation beyond reputeSea Bass has a reputation beyond repute
IIRC he generally had a pointer (a long stick) with him.
Old 06-26-2012, 04:30 PM

Thanked 4,285 Times in 1,756 Posts
SeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond repute
We live in this day and age where we expect news constantly. The cable news channels invent crisis after crisis and celebrity news fluff to satisfy our insatiable appetite for breaking news.

The reality is that often there is NO news that day, week or even month. This is summer and the coaches will be recruiting hard during July. They can't talk about it however for a number of good reasons. So, we have to be patient. Doug Harris and Matt can speculate...

One interesting new development this year is the ability for coaches to finally (and legally) work with the team and players during the summer. For a coach like Archie, who is into skill development big time, this could be rather interesting. But.... we won't know if that pays off until November through March.

Hang tough. Mow some grass and work on your suntan. (Tongue in cheek, because there probably won't be too many developments soon).
3 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to SeasonTicketFan For This Totally Excellent Post:
Glen Clark (06-26-2012), San Diego Flyer (06-26-2012), UD Sam (06-26-2012)
Old 06-26-2012, 05:11 PM
General

Thanked 4,525 Times in 2,050 Posts
Glen Clark has a reputation beyond reputeGlen Clark has a reputation beyond reputeGlen Clark has a reputation beyond reputeGlen Clark has a reputation beyond reputeGlen Clark has a reputation beyond reputeGlen Clark has a reputation beyond reputeGlen Clark has a reputation beyond reputeGlen Clark has a reputation beyond reputeGlen Clark has a reputation beyond reputeGlen Clark has a reputation beyond reputeGlen Clark has a reputation beyond repute
I saw Archie at the Butter Cafe Sunday.
He was wearing a white polo shirt.

Pete: Suits me. I'm voting for yours truly.
Ulysses Everett McGill: Well I'm voting for yours truly too.
[Everett and Pete look at Delmar for the deciding vote]
Delmar O'Donnell: Okay... I'm with you fellas.
O Brother, Where Art Thou?
Mad Props to Glen Clark For This Totally Excellent Post:
Justin (06-27-2012)
Old 06-26-2012, 05:16 PM
Lieutenant General

Thanked 1,182 Times in 579 Posts
Bill McPeek has a reputation beyond reputeBill McPeek has a reputation beyond reputeBill McPeek has a reputation beyond reputeBill McPeek has a reputation beyond reputeBill McPeek has a reputation beyond reputeBill McPeek has a reputation beyond reputeBill McPeek has a reputation beyond reputeBill McPeek has a reputation beyond reputeBill McPeek has a reputation beyond reputeBill McPeek has a reputation beyond reputeBill McPeek has a reputation beyond repute
Loved the posts about Dr. Beauregard! I remember him well. I swear the man had half a mustache!
Mad Props to Bill McPeek For This Totally Excellent Post:
udx2 (06-26-2012)
Old 06-26-2012, 10:35 PM
Brigadier General

Jack D is a name known to allJack D is a name known to allJack D is a name known to allJack D is a name known to allJack D is a name known to allJack D is a name known to all
breaking news.....wait for it....

sorry, I got nothing...it's summer...sorry.

Go Flyers!
Old 06-27-2012, 06:14 AM
Colonel

Thanked 1,206 Times in 542 Posts
UDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond repute
What I loved about Dr. B was his clothing choices. Once, I swear he wore a green checked pants, an olive striped shirt and a green polka dot tie.
Old 06-27-2012, 08:24 AM

It's official....

Originally Posted by Glen Clark View Post
Glen Clark = John R

a man without a purpose....
singlet_of_truth (06-27-2012)
Old 06-27-2012, 08:35 AM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 6,255 Times in 3,097 Posts
CE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Glen Clark View Post

Sounds like it is time to start the - Why don't we play....? thread.

Last edited by CE80; 06-27-2012 at 09:27 AM..
Old 06-28-2012, 02:13 PM

Thanked 6,125 Times in 4,170 Posts
ud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond repute
I still think Chris R. or the administrators of this board or whoever, needs to start allowing new posters to register via the "Register Now!" link(http://www.udpride.com/forums/register.php). If you click on that link it says: "Sorry, registration has been disabled by the administrator."

I'm not sure why the "Register Now!" link was ever disabled to begin with.

New posters=new ideas=more things to talk about and more varied opinions.

Last edited by ud2; 06-28-2012 at 02:17 PM..
Old 06-28-2012, 02:24 PM

Thanked 9,809 Times in 4,072 Posts
shocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond repute
I can start some gossip from the inside....

Just kidding...it wasn't printed in DDN.

Anywho...hopefully the off season is going well for everyone. Only a few more months and it is back to enjoying a few cold ones and watching hoops!!!!
Old 06-28-2012, 02:45 PM
Brigadier General

Thanked 4,000 Times in 1,176 Posts
THirt has a reputation beyond reputeTHirt has a reputation beyond reputeTHirt has a reputation beyond reputeTHirt has a reputation beyond reputeTHirt has a reputation beyond reputeTHirt has a reputation beyond reputeTHirt has a reputation beyond reputeTHirt has a reputation beyond reputeTHirt has a reputation beyond reputeTHirt has a reputation beyond reputeTHirt has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by ud2 View Post
I still think Chris R. or the administrators of this board or whoever, needs to start allowing new posters to register via the "Register Now!" link(http://www.udpride.com/forums/register.php). If you click on that link it says: "Sorry, registration has been disabled by the administrator."

I'm not sure why the "Register Now!" link was ever disabled to begin with.

New registrations were cut off because people were registering and doing such things as posting gay porn pictures in the middle of game threads. Chris has said that if a current UD Pride member will vouch for the new registrant, they can sign up.
Old 06-28-2012, 02:49 PM

Thanked 6,618 Times in 3,024 Posts
longtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond repute
And more trolls.
Old 06-28-2012, 04:55 PM

ud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by THirt View Post
New registrations were cut off because people were registering and doing such things as posting gay porn pictures in the middle of game threads. Chris has said that if a current UD Pride member will vouch for the new registrant, they can sign up.
Originally Posted by longtimefan View Post
And more trolls.
I understand the rationale, but this is the only board that I've ever been to that has this sort of policy, just seems to limit the creation of new users. But, this isn't my board, so I don't make the rules, and so be it.
Old 06-28-2012, 05:11 PM

Originally Posted by THirt View Post
I understand the issue of posting inappropriate pictures, but I thought the ability to post pictures was cut off after that incident? So, that sort of incident won't be happening again. To take the additional step of limiting new users seems overly restrictive to me.
Old 06-28-2012, 05:58 PM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 2,524 Times in 1,441 Posts
UDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond repute
I don't blame chris. He isn't making a fortune off this site, if that were true he could pay someone to monitor strange activity. If it reduces the hassle factor for chris I am all for it
Mad Props to UDBrian For This Totally Excellent Post:
Tony T 71 (06-29-2012)
Old 06-28-2012, 09:32 PM

Thanked 3,342 Times in 1,988 Posts
UDDoug has a reputation beyond reputeUDDoug has a reputation beyond reputeUDDoug has a reputation beyond reputeUDDoug has a reputation beyond reputeUDDoug has a reputation beyond reputeUDDoug has a reputation beyond reputeUDDoug has a reputation beyond reputeUDDoug has a reputation beyond reputeUDDoug has a reputation beyond reputeUDDoug has a reputation beyond reputeUDDoug has a reputation beyond repute
Far from making a fortune off the site, he actually has to fund it out of his pocket to keep it running.
Posted via Mobile Device
Mad Props to UDDoug For This Totally Excellent Post:
Tony T 71 (06-29-2012)
Old 06-28-2012, 09:38 PM

Thanked 10,502 Times in 4,704 Posts
San Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond repute
I understand the issue of posting inappropriate pictures, but I thought the ability to post pictures was cut off after that incident? So, that sort of incident won't be happening again. To take the additional step of limiting new users seems overly restrictive to me.
Chris was having to deal with troll attacks while he attended games at the Arena. It was totally out of control. He weighed the pros and cons and took his best shot. Nothing is ever black and white---simply shades of grey.
Old 06-28-2012, 11:01 PM

Thanked 2,415 Times in 1,074 Posts
UDEE79 has a reputation beyond reputeUDEE79 has a reputation beyond reputeUDEE79 has a reputation beyond reputeUDEE79 has a reputation beyond reputeUDEE79 has a reputation beyond reputeUDEE79 has a reputation beyond reputeUDEE79 has a reputation beyond reputeUDEE79 has a reputation beyond reputeUDEE79 has a reputation beyond reputeUDEE79 has a reputation beyond reputeUDEE79 has a reputation beyond repute
George Roth

Originally Posted by Hyde Park Flyer View Post
...i'll admit that i'm ever hopeful that i'll read something about george roth. he ran the research institute. he was part of the group that watched a-bombs make mushroom clouds on bikini island. he was a lifelong fan. season tix holder. unfortunately, like many of the other guys, the radiation had the final say. sucks. of course, i haven't stumbled on that post yet...
My father worked with George at UDRI for years. he has a picture of them all on the UDRI softball team circa 1963, he also has a UDRI group photo of all of them from the same time. They look like Gene Kranz and the guys at mission control in Apollo 13. Mr. Roth was my confirmation sponsor and I carpooled to UD with George, my dad and two others my freshman year. Then I bought Mr. Roth's '68 Catalina, my first car. His wife Sharon used to run the author book signings at Books and co.

There's your George Roth post!

PS I didn't know he was at Bikini, I dove the wrecks from the A-bomb tests there back in '88.
Old 06-29-2012, 09:23 AM
Brigadier General

Thanked 1,429 Times in 754 Posts
Hyde Park Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeHyde Park Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeHyde Park Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeHyde Park Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeHyde Park Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeHyde Park Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeHyde Park Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeHyde Park Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeHyde Park Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeHyde Park Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeHyde Park Flyer has a reputation beyond repute
just got off the phone with one of george's sons who graduated in '90. he remembers the green calatlina couple of years before george passed, we played in a scramble at heatherwood. it was his son from '90, his oldest son who is an artist in nyc, george and me. a couple of weeks later, '90 and i played in a scramble with chris collinsworth. we scored better with george. sharon's a blast! she started as his secretary and ended up being a wonderful wife and mother of 4 great boys. several years ago, she got us in to meet sparky anderson before a book signing. we got to shake hands and take a couple of pics. very cool. good people.
Old 06-29-2012, 01:32 PM
Major

Bill Elwood has a spectacular aura aboutBill Elwood has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by moville View Post

Ah, yes, the original and ONLY Bookstore, as far as I'm concerned!!