Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement

Old 09-28-2016, 07:28 AM
Captain

PittsburghFlyer is on a distinguished road
Drake

Next up for the Dayton Flyers are the Drake Bulldogs. Drake is one of those PFL teams that always plays us very tough and I expect the same this weekend. They are currently 2-2 for the season, having won their last two games that they played. More importantly, they are 1-0 in the PFL after beating Morehead St at home last week. They are led by their Jr QB Grant Kraemer. He has thrown for 712 yards on the season with a QB efficiency rating of 129. Kraemer is a transfer from an unknown college (not listed on their website). Interestingly, their backup QB, Cody Thibault, has also thrown for 270 yd with a QB efficiency rating of 115. Thibault is a 5th Sr and was started a number of games for them last season. Not surprisingly, their leading receiver is the big TE Eric Saubert, who has tallied 332 yd on the year with 24 catches. The second leading receiver is WR Keegan Gallery, who has a total of168 yd on 20 receptions. In the backfield, they have two running backs who are productive. Conley Wilkins is the leading rusher with 293 yd and a 4.0 yd carry average. The other RB is Drew Lauer who has accumulated 188 yd with an average of 5.5 yd per carry. On defense, they are led by LB Taylor Coleman with 31 stops on the season. Their second leading tackler is DB Jabari Butler who has come up with 22 hits on the season.

We definitely need to play a complete game this Saturday to get a win against Drake this Saturday at Welcome Stadium. They are pretty balanced on offense with 156 passing and 150 running attempts. Our defense needs to pick it up and shore up the tackling for this contest. We are facing another very good TE, where we were hurt at last week with San Diego. This team challenged us last year on defense, and they will challenge again this week. We need our defenders to step up and make some big plays on Saturday. On the offensive side, we will need to find our rhythm and establish our running game. Last week, I thought our O looked much better when we had a fullback in the game. Our one back set was not as effective as our 2 back set last week. Also need to up our completion percentage on offense. We have suffered from a combination of missed throws and dropped passes the last two weeks. I am confident we will perform better this week and give Drake all they can handle.

This really is a must win for our Flyers. We have lost two games in a row and have not looked our consistent selves in these two contests. If we can pull all aspects of our game together, we will be a very tough team to beat. Here is hoping that this week turns the tide on our season. Go Dayton Flyers!

Last edited by PittsburghFlyer; 09-29-2016 at 02:34 PM..
5 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to PittsburghFlyer For This Totally Excellent Post:
Alberto Strasse (09-28-2016), Flyer Gramps (09-28-2016), jaburr91 (09-28-2016), NEOFlyer (09-28-2016), Showme Flyer (09-28-2016)
Advertisement
Old 09-28-2016, 03:07 PM
Committed to this Web Site and Your Enjoyment!

Showme Flyer has a brilliant futureShowme Flyer has a brilliant futureShowme Flyer has a brilliant futureShowme Flyer has a brilliant futureShowme Flyer has a brilliant futureShowme Flyer has a brilliant futureShowme Flyer has a brilliant futureShowme Flyer has a brilliant futureShowme Flyer has a brilliant futureShowme Flyer has a brilliant futureShowme Flyer has a brilliant future
We have a lot of injured players hopefully we get them back this week. I like our chances better against Drake than I did against SD. I worry about the TE though as we couldn't cover the SD TE. I would like to see our passing game attack the middle of the field instead of outs
or go routes.
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to Showme Flyer For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer Gramps (09-28-2016), jaburr91 (09-28-2016)
Old 09-28-2016, 03:50 PM
Brigadier General

Thanked 2,196 Times in 1,114 Posts
jaburr91 has a brilliant futurejaburr91 has a brilliant futurejaburr91 has a brilliant futurejaburr91 has a brilliant futurejaburr91 has a brilliant futurejaburr91 has a brilliant futurejaburr91 has a brilliant futurejaburr91 has a brilliant futurejaburr91 has a brilliant futurejaburr91 has a brilliant futurejaburr91 has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by PittsburghFlyer View Post
Kraemer is a transfer from an unknown college (not listed on their website).
http://www.latimes.com/sports/highsc...913-story.html

Despite two surgeries in the past year after breaking his arm playing for Glendale College last fall, Kraemer has been promoted to starting quarterback at Drake University.
Mad Props to jaburr91 For This Totally Excellent Post:
PittsburghFlyer (09-28-2016)
Old 09-28-2016, 05:10 PM

Showme Flyer has a brilliant futureShowme Flyer has a brilliant futureShowme Flyer has a brilliant futureShowme Flyer has a brilliant futureShowme Flyer has a brilliant futureShowme Flyer has a brilliant futureShowme Flyer has a brilliant futureShowme Flyer has a brilliant futureShowme Flyer has a brilliant futureShowme Flyer has a brilliant futureShowme Flyer has a brilliant future
Just remember Drake lost to Quincy D2 school.
Old 09-28-2016, 08:23 PM
1st Lieutenant

NYFLYERFAN is on a distinguished road
Here's to a great Flyer effort, a great tailgate and hopefully a great crowd. Go Flyers. Time to get back on track!
Posted via Mobile Device
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to NYFLYERFAN For This Totally Excellent Post:
PittsburghFlyer (09-29-2016), Showme Flyer (09-28-2016)
Old 09-28-2016, 09:10 PM

A great Tailgate will be had
Old 09-29-2016, 09:32 AM
1st Lieutenant

Lurking Dog is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by PittsburghFlyer View Post
They are led by their Jr QB Grant Kraemer... Kraemer is a transfer from an unknown college (not listed on their website).
Kraemer, a.k.a. Cosmo, is a transfer from Glendale C.C. in California (not to be confused with the Glendale in Arizona). He played his first year of college ball at D-III Tufts.

Drake was really terrible until he became the starter, two games ago.
3 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to Lurking Dog For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer Gramps (09-29-2016), jaburr91 (09-29-2016), Showme Flyer (09-29-2016)
Old 09-29-2016, 12:01 PM
Captain

PittsburghFlyer is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Showme Flyer View Post
I worry about the TE though as we couldn't cover the SD TE. I would like to see our passing game attack the middle of the field instead of outs
or go routes.
I agree with you Showme that we need to figure out how to defend a good pass catching TE. These guys have enough height that you almost have to cover them underneath and over the top. Personnally, I would like to see our offense utilize our big TE Palin a lot more. We rarely throw to the TE, and I am not sure why that is. I also agree regarding attacking the middle of the field. We have had success doing that so far this year, again just have not done it a lot.
3 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to PittsburghFlyer For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer Gramps (09-29-2016), jaburr91 (09-29-2016), Showme Flyer (09-29-2016)
Old 09-30-2016, 12:57 PM
Captain

NEOFlyer is just really niceNEOFlyer is just really niceNEOFlyer is just really niceNEOFlyer is just really niceNEOFlyer is just really nice
The Flyers need to be better in a lot of areas. Particularly our run game, passing game, and pass defense. One of our strengths coming into the season, I believed, were our special teams. It just seems like Searles and Stubbs just haven't had much of an opportunity to show off their abilities.

Here's hoping our Flyers have a great game Saturday!

Go Flyers!!
Old 10-01-2016, 09:54 AM
1st Lieutenant

Game being televised or streamed?
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 10-01-2016, 11:58 AM
Brigadier General

Thanked 2,196 Times in 1,114 Posts
jaburr91 has a brilliant futurejaburr91 has a brilliant futurejaburr91 has a brilliant futurejaburr91 has a brilliant futurejaburr91 has a brilliant futurejaburr91 has a brilliant futurejaburr91 has a brilliant futurejaburr91 has a brilliant futurejaburr91 has a brilliant futurejaburr91 has a brilliant futurejaburr91 has a brilliant future
There's a live stream on youtube:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8_rAlQ4ChBg
Mad Props to jaburr91 For This Totally Excellent Post:
NovaFlyer (10-01-2016)
Old 10-01-2016, 05:36 PM
Colonel

NovaFlyer is a splendid one to beholdNovaFlyer is a splendid one to beholdNovaFlyer is a splendid one to beholdNovaFlyer is a splendid one to beholdNovaFlyer is a splendid one to beholdNovaFlyer is a splendid one to beholdNovaFlyer is a splendid one to beholdNovaFlyer is a splendid one to behold
Best game I've seen Dayton play in a long time. Excellent all the way around. Can't beat the Flyers Club tailgate party and the band performance. Congrats team. Still not enough people in the stands: 2400+ announced.
3 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to NovaFlyer For This Totally Excellent Post:
NEOFlyer (10-02-2016), PittsburghFlyer (10-02-2016), Showme Flyer (10-02-2016)
Old 10-01-2016, 06:30 PM
1st Lieutenant

Seemed like a bigger crowd. I would have guessed 3500+. Got work to do for that!!
Posted via Mobile Device
Mad Props to NYFLYERFAN For This Totally Excellent Post:
jaburr91 (10-01-2016)