UDPride Discussion Forums    

Go Back   UDPride Discussion Forums > UDPRIDE SPORTS FORUMS > Volleyball

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement

Old 12-03-2019, 01:24 PM
Committed to this Web Site and Your Enjoyment!

Thanked 5,170 Times in 2,285 Posts
ud69 has a reputation beyond reputeud69 has a reputation beyond reputeud69 has a reputation beyond reputeud69 has a reputation beyond reputeud69 has a reputation beyond reputeud69 has a reputation beyond reputeud69 has a reputation beyond reputeud69 has a reputation beyond reputeud69 has a reputation beyond reputeud69 has a reputation beyond reputeud69 has a reputation beyond repute
Carlston Fired at tosu

Two thoughts-

First - I have no idea if tosu is interested but I would think Horsmon would have little interest since he already tried the "grass is greener" thing at Maryland and found it not so green. It would be worse at tosu.

Second - Any transfers or recruiting commits that we might have an interest in becoming Flyers?
Advertisement
Old 12-03-2019, 01:53 PM
Lieutenant General

Thanked 6,557 Times in 2,451 Posts
Lifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond repute
Not sure of number of scholarships in VB, but we have 3 graduating after this season and have 3 signed incoming. I think the only way we could take someone is if we have someone transfer out.
Old 12-03-2019, 05:24 PM
Flyer Volleyball Superfan. Almost 8,000 Posts To Prove It.

Thanked 5,353 Times in 2,461 Posts
BeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond repute
Last I heard, and I haven’t checked this in years, it’s 12 scholarships - all full.

I kind of feel for Carlton, in the big leagues if you miss the Dance 3 years in a row, you get cut. Irony is I think it’s been a difference of one match all 3 years that kept them out. You have to at least go 50-50 to qualify. He’s been one game under I think all 3 years. 3 years ago it was even worse...they didn’t play a match because of the hurricane - a match they would have won to get to .500, so they stayed home.

However, this year even with one more win, I think their rpi would have still been high 50’s, so it would have been tough.

If former PSU and TX Associate coach Salima Rockwell wants back into coaching, its her’s. Otherwise it’s been Big 10 assistants that have been getting the jobs at “lower” Big 10 schools. Brittany Dildine is a real possibility. Played at Purdue, so that HC will back her. Came to UD under Sheffield. Is at WI with Sheff. She’s the one landing top recruiting classes at WI.

There will be a list a mile long to get into the Big 10, but I don’t think TH will be on it. Creighton and Marquette coaches might be.
Old 12-03-2019, 05:41 PM
Flyer Volleyball Superfan. Almost 8,000 Posts To Prove It.

Thanked 5,353 Times in 2,461 Posts
BeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond repute
We are basically only going to need to replace Sierra in the rotation. And we have candidates on the roster. I also expect competition for backrow DS because we have a strong freshman comng in.

But I would love to get tOSU’s 6-6 Rightside OH Bukilic who is from Serbia. She had a great freshman year. Was all-Tourney for the Flyer invitational. Only played 38 matches this year due to injury, so I’m not sure if she will be a junior? But add her to the Rightside for two years with our other hitters and we would be scary.

If she wants to win a championship and compete for a long run in the NCAAs, she should head to Dayton.